vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

@Hummersepp,

I think what you will find that whomever the Developers were for that mod, they did not add support for CBA XEH and therefore it is not compatible with the many other mods that are compatible and therefore plays nice with others.

You can try testing the release with optional mods spoken about in the post above

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178224-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3&p=2946716&viewfull=1#post2946716

It might help you

Roger that ViperMaul.

I will find some time tomorrow to run the latest opt pbo thru some tests to see if it resolves stuff.

Again, please thank all the guys working on the back end of this. ACE3 is becoming really fantastic and it would be worthless (most of my A3 stuff) would be unusable without the work you guys are doing.

B

Okay...

Ran the new "enable" pbo thru:

My ginormous addons folders. Worked fine even on some of the more obscure addons. ACE3 Self Interaction and Interaction worked 5x5

Singleplayer campaigns (including vanilla)...

When loading a previously saved game, interaction works perfectly. Self interaction...only the center "self interact" would pop up...no pinwheel of 2nd or 3rd string actions would show up. However, restart the mission by using the campaign menus "revert" option and the self interaction menu begins working flawlessly.

So far the "enable" opt pbo works extremely well. Now I'm probably more versed that some (been doing this kinda compatibility debug since the OFP days, still use isolating folders & cmd line controls) but I'm not a coder. What exactly should I be looking for in terms of breakage? Is there any other circumstances you guys need me to stick a hot poker into? Time in game, scripted events, particular combinations?? Let me know.

B

@BadLucky1776, @Corporal_Lib[bR]

Keep in mind we are trying to provide players with a way to add the Extendend Event Handlers (XEH) that make mods compatible with others to mods so that they can enjoy putting their favorite modsets together giving them a chance to work.

Thanks to old code by Sickboy and some updating by the great killswitch we now have an optional PBO that you can add to make this a reality. At least in some of our preliminary tests. Our tests included PG_Services and Euroforce. We only tested to see if XEHs were added on the fly and if ACE Self-Interaction was working.

Please test the following:

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/58#issuecomment-109172004

Remember Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its associated BISIGN file from the Optional folder to the Addons folder.

Hey ViperMaul, just as a headsup, everything is fine! I´ve loaded the hotfix, placed the auto_xeh file and self-interaction/interaction is fine for all factiosn, even PG_Services and EUROFORCES are working along =)

But it is a good measure to warn those mods (and others) of noticed errors and miscofigs regarding XEH/EH so we all don´t stack up errors which could cause issues on the future (like crashings/incompactibilities/weird behaviours etc), it seems that BadHabitz and IndeedPete are already fixing those for future releases... anyway, great to see CBA working fine even with faulty mods ;D

cheers!

Is it right that the armaholic-version is just 1.4Mb? If I'm not mistaken it used to be something around 6Mb, or have the recent changes resized cba that much?

;2947360']Hey ViperMaul' date=' just as a headsup, everything is fine! I´ve loaded the hotfix, placed the auto_xeh file and self-interaction/interaction is fine for all factiosn, even PG_Services and EUROFORCES are working along =)

But it is a good measure to warn those mods (and others) of noticed errors and miscofigs regarding XEH/EH so we all don´t stack up errors which could cause issues on the future (like crashings/incompactibilities/weird behaviours etc), it seems that BadHabitz and IndeedPete are already fixing those for future releases... anyway, great to see CBA working fine even with faulty mods ;D

cheers![/quote']

Ah, that's great news, thanks for your efforts! I'm sure players will appreciate your work!

Question though: What would I, as a modder, have to do to provide this ACE compatibility without having players to manually do any PBO switching? Where is my mistake? I basically just use the init EHs on my CfgVehicles, just as the vanilla units do.

Edited by IndeedPete

hello everyone, i have a problem when i update cba_a3 (v1.1.22) in my dedicated server, it won't start unless i deactivate the keys check "verifySignatures = 0;"

if i go back to previous cba (v1.1.21) then the server starts fine, even with "verifySignatures = 2;"

this is my current mod list: "@cba_a3;@agm;@alive;@task_force_radio;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_afrf3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@leights_opfor"

if i remove the @allinarmaterrainpack key the servers starts fine, so this is obviusly a problem related with the keys check, but why i had no problem with the previous cba?

thanks for any help,

Martin

Edited by Ramstin

@Ramstin,

You are most likely suffering from a BIS bug as stated here

0022133: Some .bikey file combinations prevent dedicated server from loading

Try the workaround found discussed here https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/56 or those mentioned in the BIS bug link referenced therein. And let us know if the workaround works.

---------- Post added at 07:28 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

Ah, that's great news, thanks for your efforts! I'm sure players will appreciate your work!

Question though: What would I, as a modder, have to do to provide this ACE compatibility without having players to manually do any PBO switching? Where is my mistake? I basically just use the init EHs on my CfgVehicles, just as the vanilla units do.

I wish more developers were like you who want their mod to be used by players who want to include their mod in their favorite mod sets and work well together. It is just better for the community as a whole.

I believe it was killswitch who handled your code review. We will get back to you with an answer you can use.

nope... renaming cba_rc7a.bikey to cba.bikey and/or aia_tp_2015_01_01.bikey to aiatp.bikey didn't work :(

the only way i can make it work is by not updating cba or disabling the keys check..

@Ramstin,

I see that 1.46RC has made some changes in this area. Would you be willing to test with Arma 1.46RC which is currently available and may be released officially next week?

• Fixed: Server issue when using a larger list of BIKEY signature files

Source: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2939180&viewfull=1#post2939180

Reference: https://twitter.com/Arma3official/status/606835768317890560

I would love to know that BIS has solved this problem. Could you test this weekend?

Edited by ViperMaul

I wish more developers were like you who want their mod to be used by players who want to include their mod in their favorite mod sets and work well together. It is just better for the community as a whole.

I believe it was killswitch who handled your code review. We will get back to you with an answer you can use.

Thanks! Synergies are what a solid mod community is based on, right? It's sad there are so many incompatibilities with certain mod(-sets). I'm trying to provide as much third party compatibility as I can in my work but I can't foresee every possible problem or even check every new mod. When players run into problems with my SP campaigns I usually have to tell them to retry without mods and most of the time it does the trick.^^

Anyway, looking forward to your reply. I'm sure other modders can profit as well as CBA really is one of the few basics everyone comes across eventually.

nope... renaming cba_rc7a.bikey to cba.bikey and/or aia_tp_2015_01_01.bikey to aiatp.bikey didn't work :(

the only way i can make it work is by not updating cba or disabling the keys check..

Same issue here. Tried to rename the cba key -> no success. I also removed all other bikeys -> no success

Edited by R3vo

Running with only the most recent version of ALiVE and CBA RC7 hotfix, when I double click to try and rebind the ALiVE interaction key the key then reads "Unknown Code 327788", and thus I cannot rebind it to something else.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've googled extensively and so far turned up nothing.

Hi IndeedPete and thanks for your interest in providing ACE compatibility with your addon. I have sent you a PM with more details of how this can be accomplished.

(TL;DR: one can create an optional "adapter addon" that makes the Euroforce units XEH compatible. Players who wish to use your units with ACE3 can load the game with that addon. Players who wish to use Euroforce standalone can continue to do so, aswell.)

Remember CBA XEH is designed to ensure compatibility with other mods so that players can enjoy adding all their favorite mods to their own custom modset or collections.

Here is a new release to provide an optional addon to help protect stock and other units from improperly configured mods that block CBA XEH. This allows mods to be more compatible with other mods based on CBA XEH.

CHANGE LOG SUMMARY

• IMPROVED: Move the XEH initialization out of the init event handler. - Killswitch
  • ADDED: Optional addon to enable an automatic 'adding XEH' to incompatible mods - Killswitch

Change Log for Release Candidate 7 Hotfix 2 - Milestone RC7 Hotfix2

Hosted at the following:

Known Issue:

BIS BUG 0022133: Some .bikey file combinations prevent dedicated server from loading - Apparently fixed in 1.46

Same issue here. Tried to rename the cba key -> no success. I also removed all other bikeys -> no success
hello everyone, i have a problem when i update cba_a3 (v1.1.22) in my dedicated server, it won't start unless i deactivate the keys check "verifySignatures = 0;"

if i go back to previous cba (v1.1.21) then the server starts fine, even with "verifySignatures = 2;"

this is my current mod list: "@cba_a3;@agm;@alive;@task_force_radio;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_afrf3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@leights_opfor"

if i remove the @allinarmaterrainpack key the servers starts fine, so this is obviusly a problem related with the keys check, but why i had no problem with the previous cba?

thanks for any help,

Martin

Now that 1.46 is on STABLE with a fix for this, please retest so we can get this feedback to BI good or bad.

Edited by ViperMaul
typo

yes!! cba v1.1.23 updated and server starts fine with this mod list:

"@cba_a3;@agm;@alive;@task_force_radio;@rhs_usf3;@rhs_afrf3;@allinarmaterrainpack;@leights_opfor" and this signatures list:

AiA_TP_2015_01_01;a3​;dfyre_lite;rhsusaf.​0.3.7;dfyre;rhsafrf.​0.3.7;cba_rc7b;six_r​hs_usf3;[TF]Nkey8;AL​iVE;six_alive;LOP;si​x_ace3;​

thanks a lot!

Edited by Ramstin

I noticed that with CBA 1.1.23.150604 and AGM 0.95.3, the FIA offroad texture is overwrited (always red). I know AGM is no longer supported, I just wanted to report in case.

And I made a fix so I share it in case anybody want it.

The conflict was with FCS pbo.

Download :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6b87m8ls11e8h7/AGM%20fix%20FCS%20CBA%201.1.23.7z?dl=0

In RC6 binding right Ctrl + anything would automatically bind R.Ctrl+L.Ctrl, which was a bug that was fixed.

Unfortunately this fix broke something else: binding Ctrl alone as a key is no longer possible... Any thoughts?

Any reason for CBA blocking vignette toggling key? Can't toggle off vignette with Scroll Lock/Pause/Break key. That key also removes the dev-branch icon from the right bottom corner.

Now I know the reason I thought BIS removed that but it was the CBA blocking it most of the time.

//It's actually either Pause or Break key because it's used when I've F lock on. Hard to say when there are three things under the same key :p

Edited by St. Jimmy

Any reason for CBA blocking vignette toggling key? Can't toggle off vignette with Scroll Lock key. That key also removes the dev-branch icon from the right bottom corner.

Now I know the reason I thought BIS removed that but it was the CBA blocking it most of the time.

What is a/the "vignette toggling key" and where/when is it used?

What is a/the "vignette toggling key" and where/when is it used?

It's constantly on unless you want to toggle it off with the scroll lock key/pause/break key.

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=14274#c61348

I don't understand why it's even in Arma when it literally does nothing other than make the screen look ugly. It doesn't even have any effect on stamina effects. I always toggle it off.