vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Just tested. Civilians seem to be fixed but my Opfor guys (massi's african conflict mod) still have no interaction menus. If I use CSAT they're fine so it must be a problem with the units that mod is based on.
Your hypothesis is correct - the config for the OPFOR variants of Massi's African Rebel Forces have disabled all event handlers, which is why the interaction menus do not work for those units. (The ACE interaction system depends on units having working extended event handlers. Since the BLUFOR and Independent variants of these units appear to be working with ACE, it is possible that the author could be asked to make it work with the OPFOR units as well. From what I can tell, it would be a matter of removing the following from the affected OPFOR rebel units:

class EventHandlers {};

Edited by Killswitch

It sounds like you are saying none of the civilians can interact or self-interact. Please provide an RPT file. And tell me which mission or campaign you are running where the civilians are problems. I haven't found a Civ that didn't work using only CBA and ACE.

OK, I´ve tried playing without MASSI´s addons but still had the civies without interaction/self-interaction bug... my rpt is here, lotsa mods used, but the final part of the rpt has lotsa entries of character erros etc, so the answers maybe there...

Playing with CBA3 RC7+hotfix and ACE 3.0.1 I STILL have the no interaction... here´s my rpt too, that´s bizarre cus I´m almost vanilla, only using a fresh install of ACE 3.0.1 and CBA3 RC7 hotfix

I´m playing on latest stable branch, campaigns M.E.R.C.S. and Dying ember!

cheers!

CBA RC7 breaks all interaction with units.

tested with ALiVE_Insurgency_Redux and a mission I have in development, interaction with civilians broken with RC7.

tested after more missions so far all of them with included interaction with units in some way, CBA RC7 will break them.

reverting back to RC6hotfix solves problem.

regards

maquez [Q-Net]

;2944511']OK' date=' I´ve tried playing without MASSI´s addons but still had the civies without interaction/self-interaction bug... my rpt is here, lotsa mods used, but the final part of the rpt has lotsa entries of character erros etc, so the answers maybe there...

Playing with CBA3 RC7+hotfix and ACE 3.0.1 I STILL have the no interaction... here´s my rpt too, that´s bizarre cus I´m almost vanilla, only using a fresh install of ACE 3.0.1 and CBA3 RC7 hotfix

I´m playing on latest stable branch, campaigns M.E.R.C.S. and Dying ember!

cheers!

We reproduced the issue.

Try today's hotfix.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/55#issuecomment-107694272

SIDE NOTE: Where did you learn to use

-malloc=ace_advanced_ballistics

Advanced_ballistics is not a memory allocator.

Hello guys !

I'm going to make some cba_keybinding, it's work but when i press my key i got this error : http://www.noelshack.com/2015-23-1433224875-errorkeyhandler.jpg

with this line :

["ATM Procédures", "afficher_medical", "Afficher carte médicale", {_this call atm_med_fnc_display}, {}, [DIK_P, [true,false,false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;

I have the lastest version of cba, i'm running ace3 and my personnal mod.

Thx for your help

Edited by pokertour

We reproduced the issue.

Try today's hotfix.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/55#issuecomment-107694272

SIDE NOTE: Where did you learn to use

-malloc=ace_advanced_ballistics

Advanced_ballistics is not a memory allocator.

Great, I´ll test right now! Feedback ASAP

BTW< this malloc command is from A3 sync...I´ve already disabled that option =)

[EDIT] Yeah, it is fixed !!!! :yay: Thanks Viper_Maul!

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hey Viper, I just installed CBA RC7 to one of our servers, and installed the RC7 bikey to both our servers, and when we restarted the servers they would not show up anymore in the in-game browser and Steam server browser.

Uninstalling CBA RC7 and removing the RC7 bikey fixed the issue.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Server version: Arma 3 1.44

Mods running on server #1 (the one we only installed the bikey to for testing purposes): ASR AI, CBA A3, TPW Suppression System

Mods running on server #2: ASDG JR, ASR AI, CBA A3, C17A3, MBG Killhouses, RH Accessories pack, RH M4 / M16 pack, RH pistol pack, TPW Suppression System

All mods are up-to-date, but once we installed CBA RC7 the problems started.

;2945080']BTW< this malloc command is from A3 sync...I´ve already disabled that option =)

You must have placed it into the "Dll" folder if it's showing up there. :)

Hey Viper, I just installed CBA RC7 to one of our servers, and installed the RC7 bikey to both our servers, and when we restarted the servers they would not show up anymore in the in-game browser and Steam server browser.

Uninstalling CBA RC7 and removing the RC7 bikey fixed the issue.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Server version: Arma 3 1.44

Mods running on server #1 (the one we only installed the bikey to for testing purposes): ASR AI, CBA A3, TPW Suppression System

Mods running on server #2: ASDG JR, ASR AI, CBA A3, C17A3, MBG Killhouses, RH Accessories pack, RH M4 / M16 pack, RH pistol pack, TPW Suppression System

All mods are up-to-date, but once we installed CBA RC7 the problems started.

You are experiencing this bug with the A3 server: 0022133: Some .bikey file combinations prevent dedicated server from loading

BIS are working on it.

Here is a new release to hotfix a few items discovered with respect to XEH units with some enhancements.

Keep in mind this known issue for servers:

0022133: Some .bikey file combinations prevent dedicated server from loading

NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM WORKSHOP

RC7 Hotfix (v1.1.22.150602)

FIXED: Restore XEH init EH for the BLUFOR FIA, Story and other Civilian units. - Killswitch

FIXED: Restore XEH fired EH for Attack Helicopter units - Killswitch

IMPROVED: Replaced BIS_fnc_areEqual by IsEqualTo - Glowbal

IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_strLen - count now works on strings - Glowbal

IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_addPerFrameHandler - Replaced set count for pushback - Glowbal

IMPROVED: CBA Fleximenu - params support in code exec (#48) - SzwedzikPL

Change Log for Release Candidate 7 Hotfix - Milestone RC7 Hotfix

Hosted at the following:

Edited by ViperMaul

Sadly this Hotfix does not help me with the Euroforce Units by IndeedPete. >,<

Does anybody know why that could be?

Sadly this Hotfix does not help me with the Euroforce Units by IndeedPete. >,<

Does anybody know why that could be?

You did not say what the problem is, so I'll have to guess: those units have their own event handlers which will disable the CBA/XEH ones. That, in turn, will make them incompatible with for example ACE 3.

Compatiblity with the extended event handler system in CBA is optional and is a choice of the addon/mod author(s).

Edited by Killswitch

You did not say what the problem is, so I'll have to guess: those units have their own event handlers which will disable the CBA/XEH ones. That, in turn, will make them incompatible with for example ACE 3.

Compatiblity with the extended event handler system in CBA is optional and is a choice of the addon/mod author(s).

Ohhh man I'm so stupid. Sorry >.<

The problem is that the Self-Interaction menu is not showing!

Me and IndeedPete know that it worked fine with 1.1.20 (RC6?) but since the later updates it didn't!

Ohhh man I'm so stupid. Sorry >.<

The problem is that the Self-Interaction menu is not showing!

Me and IndeedPete know that it worked fine with 1.1.20 (RC6?) but since the later updates it didn't!

It worked in RC6 and earlier because CBA had a system that would automagically add XEH to units and vehicles that didn't have it. However, that caused other problems, so to fix those problems and increase performance, it was removed.

The consequence of that is what you are experiencing - addons that have their own event handlers will overwrite (disable) the extended event handler system.

It is late here now, but let us think about possible solutions.

Edited by Killswitch

It worked in RC6 and earlier because CBA had a system that would automagically add XEH to units and vehicles that didn't have it. However, that caused other problems, so to fix those problems and increase performance, it was removed.

The consequence of that is what you are experiencing - addons that have their own event handlers will overwrite (disable) the extended event handler system.

It is late here now, but let me think about possible solutions.

Ahhh okay...even though I don't understand what eventhandlers are in the first place. xD

Anyway, another solution would be great 'cuz I guess if I annoy IndeedPete more with that, he is going to kill me! xD

Killswitch, Viper_Maul, CBA now is behaving quite erratic regarding the cvies/FIA ACE bug... yesterday, it failed the self-interaction/interaction with civies and FIA, then I´ve played with CBA+ACE3 only, it worked... then I´ve loaded up all my usual mods, and it worked as a charm! Then today it is only working with CBA+ACE3 only... I´ve updated to .15602 and again, only works with CBA+ACE3... the bottom line is: I haven´t seen a great deal of performance boost with RC7, but then again, I´m a 38 yo guy that doesn´t see beyond 13 frames per second, so my Arma3 performance is fine for me, thus, I´d like to suggest, as CBA ALREADY have an optional addons folder, to add an optional .pbo that adds XEH to all units and vehicles as CBA did on RC6 and before =)

Thou it seems anachronic, is it too much to ask for an optional addon and less pestering to you guys?

PG_service and EUROFORCE retexture (by InddedPete, which campaign MERC is also affected by the ACE interaction issue) and probably many more addons are going to suffer this ACE_uncompactibility, therefore I foresee an use for that optional .pbo ;)

cheers!

;2945618']Killswitch' date=' Viper_Maul, CBA now is behaving quite erratic regarding the cvies/FIA ACE bug... yesterday, it failed the self-interaction/interaction with civies and FIA, then I´ve played with CBA+ACE3 only, it worked... then I´ve loaded up all my usual mods, and it worked as a charm! Then today it is only working with CBA+ACE3 only... I´ve updated to .15602 and again, only works with CBA+ACE3... the bottom line is: I haven´t seen a great deal of performance boost with RC7, but then again, I´m a 38 yo guy that doesn´t see beyond 13 frames per second, so my Arma3 performance is fine for me, thus, I´d like to suggest, as CBA ALREADY have an optional addons folder, to add an optional .pbo that adds XEH to all units and vehicles as CBA did on RC6 and before =)

Thou it seems anachronic, is it too much to ask for an optional addon and less pestering to you guys?

PG_service and EUROFORCE retexture (by InddedPete, which campaign MERC is also affected by the ACE interaction issue) and probably many more addons are going to suffer this ACE_uncompactibility, therefore I foresee an use for that optional .pbo ;)

cheers![/quote']Actually, that's not a bad idea. Let's see what we can cook up!

Hello guys !

I'm going to make some cba_keybinding, it's work but when i press my key i got this error : http://www.noelshack.com/2015-23-1433224875-errorkeyhandler.jpg

with this line :

["ATM Procédures", "afficher_medical", "Afficher carte médicale", {_this call atm_med_fnc_display}, {}, [DIK_P, [true,false,false]]] call CBA_fnc_addKeybind;

I have the lastest version of cba, i'm running ace3 and my personnal mod.

Thx for your help

Check for an old version of CBA hiding somewhere, seems you're not running latest.

I already check and i run the lastest version of cba :/

I already check and i run the lastest version of cba :/

Ok then sorry, got fooled by that line number in the error.

I suggest you set a proper return value in your handler: atm_altimeter_fnc_createDialog (true if you don't want the game to try any other handlers for that keypress, false otherwise).

Oh nice ! thx you man it's work without error now :)

Okay...First of all thank you for all the work you guys are doing to help fix the XEH and ACE interaction issues.

Really took some time to beat the latest hotfix around a bit. Huh...The last couple of RC7 vers have fixed the whole ACE3 interaction problem for vanilla/ACE3 Campaign use. But...it appears to have completely broken it for at least 50% of my other addons & maps. Never seen an incompatibility this widespread. Usually its 1 or 2 addons that don't work, but this is pretty staggering to try to isolate what does and does not use its own eventhanders.

Would love to help dial it in but I have no idea where to start. Considering using one CBA (RC7 hotfixed) for campaigns and another (RC6) for editor use with my xtra addons and maps? That would be a pretty clunky workaround, but one that I'm sure will become unworkable as addons progress.

Let me know if there's a way to help test. Glad to do it, just need a starting place.

B

@BadLucky1776, @Corporal_Lib[bR]

Keep in mind we are trying to provide players with a way to add the Extendend Event Handlers (XEH) that make mods compatible with others to mods so that they can enjoy putting their favorite modsets together giving them a chance to work.

Thanks to old code by Sickboy and some updating by the great killswitch we now have an optional PBO that you can add to make this a reality. At least in some of our preliminary tests. Our tests included PG_Services and Euroforce. We only tested to see if XEHs were added on the fly and if ACE Self-Interaction was working.

Please test the following:

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/pull/58#issuecomment-109172004

Remember Move the cba_enable_auto_xeh.pbo and its associated BISIGN file from the Optional folder to the Addons folder.

Edited by ViperMaul

Hi guy's

I just have a question with respect to the N-B USMC add-on.

I have installed ACE 3 (latest version) as well as latest version of CBA yesterday. However, I cannot open the so-called self-interaction menu in ACE3. Than I start to deselect all other add-on and select them step by step again to check, if any other add-on is/might not be compatible with ACE 3.

I started with only CBA and ACE 3 selected and everything works fine, in particular I can open the self-interaction menu. I have selected all other add-ons step by step and when it came to the N-B USMC add-on I cannot open the self-interaction menu in ACE3. Once I deselected the N-B USMC add-on, everything works fine again.

Does any one have a similar issue?

Would appreciate your feedback!

Thx and greetings from Germany.

Hummersepp

Edited by Hummersepp