vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Updated mod v1.1.21.150527 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey CBA Team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

With the rc7 the arma3server.exe crashes again, as soon as any modfolders have a name with a certain number of characters. That's definitely not ideal, CBA is still broken and can't be updated for users who, for example, use @allinarmaterrainpack.

Don't bother, I checked - it seems you can't have the rc6_hotfix-keyfile in your keyfolder. As soon as I removed it, the server.exe did not crash anymore.

Edited by Belbo

With the rc7 the arma3server.exe crashes again, as soon as any modfolders have a name with a certain number of characters. That's definitely not ideal, CBA is still broken and can't be updated for users who, for example, use @allinarmaterrainpack.

Whats your mod order? CBA would cause a crash with AIA if I didnt have cba first in the modlist

Ehm, I have CBA RC7 and allinarmaterrainpack running on my server...Just fine. Doesn't crash!

Also the order doesn't play any role for me.

CBA comes like at the 7th position while AiATP is 5th!

CBA has always to be first mod in load order, this is and was so since CBA exists.

no wonder your server crashes and by the way I use CBA since ages and had never any problem as you guys claim here.

FYI

CBA RC7 breaks the ACE3 interaction menus in Vanilla A3 campaign.

Tested with Vanilla A3, CBA & ACE3

Issue: Using ACE3 interaction or self interaction keys will produced the interaction mouse pointer, but there are no selection options either in the new rotary or old list interaction styles.

Have tested with a variety of user made missions, campaigns, & vanilla A3 campaigns. Only the vanilla A3 Campaigns have the problem.

The problem is only present with CBA RC7 (updated this morning). Upon rolling back to RC6 the problem disappears and the interaction menus work normally.

B

Edited by BadLucky1776

Not only the East Wind Campaign... it seems to happen on M.E.R.C.S. (IndeedPete´s mercenary campaign) and Dying Ember (undeceite´s insurgent campaign), maybe when mission/campaign is script heavy this break on SELF interaction happens, the interation is still on, thou, I got to interact with passengers inside vehicles and tap shoulds etc of others, but can´t self-interact on those three campaigns... other campaigns like Panicsferd´s Retribution, all interaction is fine!

cheers!

CBA has always to be first mod in load order, this is and was so since CBA exists.

no wonder your server crashes and by the way I use CBA since ages and had never any problem as you guys claim here.

Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for Arma 3 anymore. The required addons for a mod are specified in their config (CfgPatches), and so the mod will wait until the required addons have been loaded before loading itself (if that makes sense).

In other words - if a mod requires CBA, it will wait until CBA has been loaded before loading itself. The mod load order doesn't appear to be important.

On vanilla campaign it appears interact and self interact are broken

I´ve just tested on the first mission of Win, and I was able to tap shoulders, give medical aid to others, but couldn´t self-interact...

The self-interaction has been reproduced and is being investigated ACE/CBA team. Thanks for the report. Good catch.

Well Lib, it appears you're right. This morning I can get interaction to work. I used a scenario with an injured ai character to heal. Last night it didn't work...this morning it does. Sometimes I think Arma is 90% code and 10% chicken blood and voodoo...

Yeah as of now its just self interaction.

B

The issue has been narrowed down, XEH inits are not running on "B_Story_Protagonist_F"

Any mission using it as the player character is broken as of CBA RC7.

ViperMaul is working hard to fix it.

Thank goodness! I'm a bit laid up at the moment. (Apparently fractured my tibia a couple weeks back taking a fall during magfed paintball and completed the break by pulling an engine block on monday). Soooo... I had some time to finish up the single player campaign; my Kerry got shot and when I went to heal...viola no menu. A fun night of A3 campaign was replaced by a fun night of A3 detective edition :-)

B

This problem is not restricted to one unit class. I've got a mission where it only works (and even sometimes when you click it, it won't show up) for Blufor units. On civilians and opfor there is nothing (no interaction and no self-interaction).

Edited by clydefrog

The Latest CBA has fixed the visibility of the animals but on dedicated still frozen chickens & now frozen Goat :confused: hope the next Bis patch sorts stuff out, they should just roll back to previous, before last. Never known a patch cause so many bugs!

FYI

CBA RC7 breaks the ACE3 interaction menus in Vanilla A3 campaign.

Tested with Vanilla A3, CBA & ACE3

Issue: Using ACE3 interaction or self interaction keys will produced the interaction mouse pointer, but there are no selection options either in the new rotary or old list interaction styles.

Have tested with a variety of user made missions, campaigns, & vanilla A3 campaigns. Only the vanilla A3 Campaigns have the problem.

The problem is only present with CBA RC7 (updated this morning). Upon rolling back to RC6 the problem disappears and the interaction menus work normally.

B

;2943277']Not only the East Wind Campaign... it seems to happen on M.E.R.C.S. (IndeedPete´s mercenary campaign) and Dying Ember (undeceite´s insurgent campaign)' date=' maybe when mission/campaign is script heavy this break on SELF interaction happens, the interation is still on, thou, I got to interact with passengers inside vehicles and tap shoulds etc of others, but can´t self-interact on those three campaigns... other campaigns like Panicsferd´s Retribution, all interaction is fine!

cheers![/quote']

;2943308']I´ve just tested on the first mission of Win' date=' and I was able to tap shoulders, give medical aid to others, but couldn´t self-interact...[/quote']

Please try with the following hotfix test.

https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/49#issuecomment-107058002

For me it fixed all the issues I could find.

For my Campaign however, I found I had to revert back to a saved game that I saved before I started using ACE with the Campaign then it worked for me.

I hope you won't have to do what I did. Let me know.

Just tested. Civilians seem to be fixed but my Opfor guys (massi's african conflict mod) still have no interaction menus. If I use CSAT they're fine so it must be a problem with the units that mod is based on.

Edited by clydefrog

Hey ViperMaul,

Did a couple quick campaign tests...

Seems to be working correctly. Self interaction menu is displaying correctly for me.

I'll try to beat it up a bit more later tonight, tomorrow.

B

Just tested. Civilians seem to be fixed but my Opfor guys (massi's african conflict mod) still have no interaction menus. If I use CSAT they're fine so it must be a problem with the units that mod is based on.
Hey ViperMaul,

Did a couple quick campaign tests...

Seems to be working correctly. Self interaction menu is displaying correctly for me.

I'll try to beat it up a bit more later tonight, tomorrow.

B

That´s bizarre... as BadLucky1776 said, the vanilla campaign is fixed, but MERCS and Dying Ember isn´t, so I guess it isn´t still working with civilians... OPFOR works (palyed Bardosi´s Persian Tale, and all OPFOR CSATs had self interaction), so I´m tunneling down to civilians... but Clydefrog said his civilians are OK, so I´ll try to find a civilian on those said campaigns and see if they interact (so far I can´t self interact with civilian/guerrila units nor interact with other civilians...)

At least the vanilla campaign is fine lol

[EDIT] yeah, none civilians interact/self-intract with the update, but at least all military units do....

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

I always thought CBA was made to support binding of 3rd party addon keys but lately I learned that it is FAR more complex than that.

It would be cool if you add a short list of features/purposes of CBA to the original post.

I always thought CBA was made to support binding of 3rd party addon keys but lately I learned that it is FAR more complex than that.

It would be cool if you add a short list of features/purposes of CBA to the original post.

Here goes : https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cca/wiki/CBA

;2943308']I´ve just tested on the first mission of Win' date=' and I was able to tap shoulders, give medical aid to others, but couldn´t self-interact...[/quote']

You made this post before I released a hotfix for testing purposes. The first Prologue campaign self-interaction worked for me just fine. But you say yours did not. This means you have a different mod set than I do and probably means one of your mods is not configured properly to be compatible with other mods. We won't be able to find the truth unless you post a full RPT that shows us what mods you are running. I am only running CBA and ACE3.

;2944027']That´s bizarre... as BadLucky1776 said' date=' the vanilla campaign is fixed, but MERCS and Dying Ember isn´t, so I guess it isn´t still working with civilians... OPFOR works (palyed Bardosi´s Persian Tale, and all OPFOR CSATs had self interaction), so I´m tunneling down to civilians... but Clydefrog said his civilians are OK, so I´ll try to find a civilian on those said campaigns and see if they interact (so far I can´t self interact with civilian/guerrila units nor interact with other civilians...)

At least the vanilla campaign is fine lol

[EDIT'] yeah, none civilians interact/self-intract with the update, but at least all military units do....

cheers!

It sounds like you are saying none of the civilians can interact or self-interact. Please provide an RPT file. And tell me which mission or campaign you are running where the civilians are problems.

I haven't found a Civ that didn't work using only CBA and ACE.

CBA RC7 breaks all interaction with units.

tested with ALiVE_Insurgency_Redux and a mission I have in development, interaction with civilians broken with RC7.

tested after more missions so far all of them with included interaction with units in some way, CBA RC7 will break them.

reverting back to RC6hotfix solves problem.

regards

maquez [Q-Net]

Edited by maquez