vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

I wasn't able to figure out a fix by that example either. If theres something I can just turn off the whole thing that would be great. If I have to put it in every vehicle config that will be a problem.

I believe this mod is interfering with bipod deployment somehow. I changed different keybindings but it still won't work. Does anyone else have this issue?

I wasn't able to figure out a fix by that example either. If theres something I can just turn off the whole thing that would be great. If I have to put it in every vehicle config that will be a problem.
A fix for the "texture problem" will be in the next release.
I believe this mod is interfering with bipod deployment somehow. I changed different keybindings but it still won't work. Does anyone else have this issue?
I cannot reproduce this. Bipod deployment (Using the default "C" key) works fine with A3+CBA_A3 for me.

I cannot reproduce this. Bipod deployment (Using the default "C" key) works fine with A3+CBA_A3 for me.

Confirm works fine here too with default C

You guys are right. Idk what it was but I deleted and redownloaded the mod and now it works. My bad.

can u release rc7 asap (need animals fix ;) )

A fix for the "texture problem" will be in the next release.

Sorry to quote an old message, but, i want to thank you, that's good news.

I still have a question :

Will it also be compatible with the new system for texture randomization made by BIS ?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Vehicle_Customization_%28VhC%29

This is the one I'm using for my addon and, with CBA enabled, textures are overwrited too.

Edit : If necessary, I can give an addon for repro.

Edited by Sparfell_19

Sorry to quote an old message, but, i want to thank you, that's good news.

I still have a question :

Will it also be compatible with the new system for texture randomization made by BIS ?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Vehicle_Customization_%28VhC%29

This is the one I'm using for my addon and, with CBA enabled, textures are overwrited too.

Edit : If necessary, I can give an addon for repro.

It will now, after you report. :-) See: 76268. Thanks for the heads-up!

I've been running into a very strange issue where I cannot load certain missions that use mods on a dedicated server, unless I turn on CBA RC4, despite none of the mods I'm using needing CBA. Some of the mods I've had problems with are CAF Aggressors, RHSUSAF, RHSAFRF, NATO Russian SF Weapons, and SOCOM DEVGRU

To demonstrate this, I made a mission in the editor that uses a single vanilla playable blufor rifleman and an empty M1A1 abrams from the RHSUSAF mod. This should not require CBA RC4. If I try to load the mission with only RHSUSAF loaded on the client and server, the mission will not load after pressing continue on the character selection screen. I'll get an error that says, "15:46:21 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. rhsusf_c_troops." If I simply enable CBA RC4 on the server, the mission will load just fine.

Here's the mission pbo http://pastebin.com/Bj7ipKgt

Here's the server RPT when I try to load the mission with just RHSUSAF on the server and client http://pastebin.com/SyeXdeVe

Here's the server RPT when I try to load the mission with RHSUSAF on the server and client and CBA RC4 on the server http://pastebin.com/sbL6XcRv

I've gotten this issue previously, and it seems to happen off and on. Can anyone confirm this behavior on their system? These missions load just fine without CBA RC4 in both the editor and in a listen server, it's just a dedicated server that's the problem. My server and client are on the same computer on the same hard drive in the same folder. I've tried having the server and client in separate folders, but that didn't help.

Edited by Cyprus

You're completely missing the point. The version doesn't matter. These missions should be loading without CBA. CBA is somehow being required by missions that don't use cba or any mods that are dependent on CBA. I don't know how this could possibly be happening.

sorry missed really the point :rolleyes: depends what scripts these missions do use

there can be scripts which have a requirement of CBA.

I've been running into a very strange issue where I cannot load certain missions that use mods on a dedicated server, unless I turn on CBA RC4, despite none of the mods I'm using needing CBA. Some of the mods I've had problems with are CAF Aggressors, RHSUSAF, RHSAFRF, NATO Russian SF Weapons, and SOCOM DEVGRU

To demonstrate this, I made a mission in the editor that uses a single vanilla playable blufor rifleman and an empty M1A1 abrams from the RHSUSAF mod. This should not require CBA RC4. If I try to load the mission with only RHSUSAF loaded on the client and server, the mission will not load after pressing continue on the character selection screen. I'll get an error that says, "15:46:21 Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. rhsusf_c_troops." If I simply enable CBA RC4 on the server, the mission will load just fine.

Here's the mission pbo http://pastebin.com/Bj7ipKgt

Here's the server RPT when I try to load the mission with just RHSUSAF on the server and client http://pastebin.com/SyeXdeVe

Here's the server RPT when I try to load the mission with RHSUSAF on the server and client and CBA RC4 on the server http://pastebin.com/sbL6XcRv

I've gotten this issue previously, and it seems to happen off and on. Can anyone confirm this behavior on their system? These missions load just fine without CBA RC4 in both the editor and in a listen server, it's just a dedicated server that's the problem. My server and client are on the same computer on the same hard drive in the same folder. I've tried having the server and client in separate folders, but that didn't help.

Your problem is an indication of a bug with the config of the RHS M1A1 addon. It has an insufficient(*) set of required addons declared in its config, which is causing the problem.

(*) Specifically, it is missing a dependency on rhsusf_c_troops which is the addon where the crewmen of the RHS M1A1 are defined.

Edited by Killswitch

No need. BIS has already fixed it in the Dev Build. Might as well wait for the Main Branch release. ;)

Any idea when this might be???

Your problem is an indication of a bug with the config of the RHS M1A1 addon. It has an insufficient(*) set of required addons declared in its config, which is causing the problem.

(*) Specifically, it is missing a dependency on rhsusf_c_troops which is the addon where the crewmen of the RHS M1A1 are defined.

If that is the case why does enabling CBA (only on the dedicated server, I've tested and running it on the client is not necessary) fix the issue and allow missions with certain mods to load? I'm getting this issue with more than just RHSUSAF, as I've mentioned before.

Because of CBA's automagic addon healing powers.

// Process all CfgPatches
_addons = [];
for "_i" from 0 to (_c - 1) do {
_entry = _cfg select _i;
if (isClass _entry) then {
	PUSH(_addons,configName _entry);
};
};

// Activate all CfgPatches
activateAddons _addons;

Say thank you, CBA :)

Note that until RC7 rolls out VhC (vehicle customization) won't work by itself, aka trying to use like describe in the wiki or sample mission.

To be able to use it you need to call the function bis_fnc_initVehicle outside of an init field.

Because of CBA's automagic addon healing powers.

// Process all CfgPatches
_addons = [];
for "_i" from 0 to (_c - 1) do {
_entry = _cfg select _i;
if (isClass _entry) then {
	PUSH(_addons,configName _entry);
};
};

// Activate all CfgPatches
activateAddons _addons;

Say thank you, CBA :)

That's actually very interesting. That makes some sense, but that doesn't quite explain why it only happens when I try to run one of these missions on a dedicated server. I get no problems on a listen server or in the editor when I run them without CBA. Can you run my test mission without CBA on a dedicated server? Here it is again http://pastebin.com/Bj7ipKgt

This release brings with it bug fixes and server improvements.

We will also attempt to maintain simply named bikey with the intent to minimize server killing impact reported by this issue

0022133: Some .bikey file combinations prevent dedicated server from loading

NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM WORKSHOP

RC7

CHANGED: Make the CBA per-frame handlers work during mission briefing (76243) - Killswitch

IMPROVED: Server performance (76242) - Killswitch

IMPROVED: CBA_fnc_split fails on char count > 10000 (76263) - Pabst Mirror

FIXED: CBA is overwriting textures of the offroad vehicle (75924) - Killswitch

FIXED: Animals from the Misc-Animals module are invisible (76205) - Killswitch

FIXED: CBA uses old vehicle customization init event handlers (76268) - Killswitch

FIXED: CBA_fnc_addPlayerAction is broken in latest CBA DEV 150425 (76206) - ViperMaul

FIXED: Improper handling of key press timings (76228) - ViperMaul

FIXED: Using R.Ctrl as a modifier while binding a key combination always ends up becoming R.Ctrl+Ctrl (76175) - ViperMaul

Change Log for Release Candidate 7 - http://dev.withsix.com/versions/1690

Hosted at the following:

Edited by ViperMaul
Update Steam Link