vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

there is a very useful start up parameter !

start server with -checkSignatures

to find signatures that are not working

results you will find in the server rpt

Such an amazing addon helped me alot with my mods actually, but, there's one thing I'd love for you guys to do, PLEAS PLEASE PLEASE, upload your addon to the STEAM WORKSHOP that way so we can subscribe to you and get all the updates the easy way. Thank you!

if you did a thread search using steam workshop as your key words you would already have an answer to this request, and, as to why its not happening.... just wanted to point that out. try it and youll know why

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

there is a very useful start up parameter !

start server with -checkSignatures

to find signatures that are not working

results you will find in the server rpt

if your referring to the problems i and hyrdo had related to "Keys" I then ask if the "sig check" checks "keys" as well, because the name misleads me. I had to recheck the wiki but it only states it check the sigs no mention of cross reference with Key. I use the sig check on my client to test out my signatures when i first created and was testing mods on my server. however on a server that is only using a KEY to "allow" a mod ... well that doesn't have the signature of the mod, just the key.

I guess ill have to wait until i have a problem again to give it a try. unless this is true and "-checkSignatures" also checks keys as well as sigs.

Edited by Lordprimate

I never encountered a broken key

but a lot of broken signatures.

So if you have a key running on a server and the signature is broken on your client

the server will kick you !

Edited by maquez

Just reposting this here as my issue/request/hope seems to be in CBA hands.

If this is the case i would assume supporting joystick inputs for mods would be of Great Benefit not only for taskforce radio

---------- Post added at 12:55 ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 ----------

Originally Posted by Sjaba

This has been a topic before but about 150 posts ago so i would like to raise it again..

Is there ANY way to manually configure TFR to be used with Joystik PTT buttons. Or some other workaround NOT involving a third party software emulator.

The great thing now is that Arma supports more or less all joystick buttons ( even the thrustmaster hotas) but to enable use of PTT and TFR one has to emulate the keys in another software.

If that could have been avoided by TFR directly using joystick inputs it would just make the world a better place...

If the answer above is NOCANDO..anyone have a good tip for an emulator that handles thrustmaster hotas and are NOT called TARGET?

It is more question to CBA, because TFAR uses CBA's keybind system.

---------- Post added at 12:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

Getting this error in my RPT and CBA won't load all the way. JSRS and ASR_AI won't work as a result. Tried downloading the newest release. No change. Any ideas??

22:27:34 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_list
22:27:34 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpreinit
22:27:34 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listpostinit
22:27:34 Attempt to override final function - bis_functions_listrecompile
22:27:34 Error in expression <pile = true };

if (BIS_fnc_init && {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
22:27:34   Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
22:27:34   Error &&: Type code, expected Bool
22:27:34 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22
22:27:34 Error in expression <pile = true };

if (BIS_fnc_init && {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
22:27:34   Error position: <&& {!_recompile}) exitWith {};  

;

if >
22:27:34   Error Generic error in expression
22:27:34 File x\cba\addons\common\init_functionsModule.sqf, line 22
22:27:34 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missiontaskslocal
22:27:34 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionconversationslocal
22:27:34 Attempt to override final function - bis_fnc_missionflow

Found the problem.....Epoch is breaking CBA by forcing itself to load first, despite CBA being set to load first in the server startup command line. CBA runs fine when Epoch is not loaded.

Hey,

CBA seems to break mod car textures on my server. Vanilla offroaders colors get seen differently by everyone and some mod textures break completely(getting replaced by offroader texture which does not fit). I don't have any of these problems with CBA disabled.

I don't have any RPT errors.

Anyone know if it's possible to bind middle mouse button in CBA keys? Is it even possible manually edit those or do I need to go in game?

Anyone know if it's possible to bind middle mouse button in CBA keys? Is it even possible manually edit those or do I need to go in game?

Addons cannot access mouse key bindings.

Hey,

CBA seems to break mod car textures on my server. Vanilla offroaders colors get seen differently by everyone and some mod textures break completely(getting replaced by offroader texture which does not fit). I don't have any of these problems with CBA disabled.

I don't have any RPT errors.

I have the same problem.

I'm trying to edit my key binds for TFR but once I load up CBA, TFR doesn't show. Please help

I've reinstalled both CBA and TFR

So, I am curious about the claim that one of Sa-Matra's devs has made against the use of CBA A3 on their Wasteland servers. Inch (dev) claims that CBA broadcasts network functions insecurely. I have yet to receive a more detailed example but I am curious if this is true and if it is, can it be fixed? I had made the suggestion that they implement Task Force Arrowhead Radio on some servers to resolve some comms issues and make it more interesting. They said Mods that require CBA would not be used as long as CBA broadcasts functions insecurely.

CBA A3 causes Arma to crash when running command:

(findDisplay 46) displayRemoveAllEventHandlers "KeyUp";

CBA A3 with latest arma3 update makes the hatchback sport into a normal hatchback o_O

Hi,

Will CBA's Fired XEH be updated to retrive and pass the information about the area the weapon is fired on ie give of the "SoundTails" information such as Forest, Houses, Meadows etc ?

I'm also having trouble with the sport hatchback performing like a normal hatchback when CBA RC4 is loaded.

Hi,

I used CBA_fnc_taskPatrol function, on a group :

_grp1 = createGroup east;
_grp1 = [getMarkerPos posMission, east, (configfile >> "CfgGroups" >> "East" >> "OPF_F" >> "Infantry" >>  eniMission )] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
[_grp1, posMission, 200, 6, "MOVE", "SAFE", "WHITE", "LIMITED", "WEDGE", [5,10,20]] call CBA_fnc_taskPatrol;

it's work, but i have this error message in my console dedicated server :

0:11:38 Error in expression <nt < 9) exitWith {_waypoint}; _waypoint setWaypointStatements ["TRUE", (_this se>  
0:11:38 Error position: <setWaypointStatements ["TRUE", (_this se>  
0:11:38 Error Type Array, expected String  0:11:38 File x\cba\addons\ai\fnc_addWaypoint.sqf, line 55

CBA Version : 1.0.9.140907 on client and server

Thank ;)

Hi guys. With the latest A3 dev builds I'm getting the following popup on game start:

script variables \fn_undefcheck.sqf not found

Seeing it with CBA 1.0.9.140907, no other mods.

Same here as tpw said script variables not found with or without my other mod paramaters.

might be a stupid question, but where exactly is all the documentation for cba? the wiki doesn't seem to have been updated in years and i can't find any information. for example, the page on extended event handlers only talks about new features but doesn't actually list any examples or references. the only concrete piece of info i've been able to find is the functions index

Hi,

Will CBA's Fired XEH be updated to retrive and pass the information about the area the weapon is fired on ie give of the "SoundTails" information such as Forest, Houses, Meadows etc ?

In short: no - CBA XEH extends the stock BIS event handling system, and the fired event does not pass such information, as far as I can tell.

---------- Post added at 14:16 ---------- Previous post was at 14:11 ----------

might be a stupid question, but where exactly is all the documentation for cba?

CBA wiki

the wiki doesn't seem to have been updated in years
Unfortunately, that's true...
..and i can't find any information. for example, the page on extended event handlers only talks about new features but doesn't actually list any examples or references.

There are a few examples of how to create and use extended event handlers on this page: CBA wiki: Extended Event Handlers

the only concrete piece of info i've been able to find is the functions index
Yep: CBA functions index. Will be updated soon...

---------- Post added at 14:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:16 ----------

I'm also having trouble with the sport hatchback performing like a normal hatchback when CBA RC4 is loaded.

Known issue that affects the pickup trucks aswell, a possible workaround for addon authors and/or mission makers is shown here: Bug #75924: CBA is overwriting the textures of the offroad vehicle

Edited by Killswitch

Hi guys. With the latest A3 dev builds I'm getting the following popup on game start:

script variables \fn_undefcheck.sqf not found

Seeing it with CBA 1.0.9.140907, no other mods.

Same here as tpw said script variables not found with or without my other mod paramaters.

Yep we saw that too. Fixed in next release.

if im not mistaken, the post-init extended event handler runs once init.sqf finishes. are there any plans to update this(and other functions) for the new arma 3 event scripts, such as initServer, and initPlayerLocal? init.sqf is essentially deprecated now, but cba and all associated mods still rely on it

ALERT! SIGNIFICANT CHANGES COMING WILL IMPACT EVERYONE

We have been discussing many of the limitations of the great CBA Keybinding system, how to fix and how to explain. There were some key problems that we discovered that needed to be addressed.

• Performance

• Localization

• Scalability

• General need for refactoring

This next release has significant improvements in speed and some added features.

However there are unfortunately API changes that had to be made.

Therefore there are significant changes that impacts the Players and Developers.

We plan to release this new CBA shortly after the next DLC scheduled for April 8th.

The following points needs to communicated about the next release of CBA:

• DEVS: New APIs must be used for registering your default keybinds.

• DEVS: Old APIs for keybinding now have limited support.

• PLAYERS: All Keys will revert to defaults keybind for the mod. This does NOT include the keys that BI maintains.

• PLAYERS: If the mod is not using the new APIs the keys will not show up in the Configure Addons dialog box preventing you from being able to change them. Why does this happen? See below.

QUESTIONS:

Q: Why change the APIs now at this stage?

A: It gives us an easy way to give a limited backwards compatibility with the old key system. The keys are reverted to their defaults so you can still use them until the mod comes out with an update using the new system.

Q: Why can’t my custom keys automatically be converted to the new format?

A: There were significant changes to how the keybinds are stored. The new system uses a unique key for the hash. And to start new means the promise for a clean database.

Q: How come I do not see any keys in the Configure Addons dialog for my mod?

A: This mod is using the old CBA API for keybind registration. A new updated mod that uses the new CBA API for keybinds is needed. If unavailable contact the deverloper of the mod and encourage them to update their mod.

Q: When will we see the official release on PWS?

A: Within days of the Arma Marksmen DLC release.

DEVELOPERS! DOWNLOAD THIS AND UPDATE YOUR MOD IF YOU USE CBA KEYBINDS.

EXAMPLE OF THE API CHANGED

OLD METHOD

["ACRE2", "Volume Control", { _this call FUNC(onVolumeControlKeyPressUp) }, [15, [false, false, false]], false, "keyup"] call cba_fnc_registerKeybind;

NEW METHOD

["ACRE2", "VolumeControl", ["Volume Control", "Tool Tip"], { _this call FUNC(onVolumeControlKeyPress) }, { _this call FUNC(onVolumeControlKeyPressUp) }, [15, [false, false, false]]] call cba_fnc_addKeybind;

Parameter Description for the new API cba_fnc_addKeybind

_modName Name of the registering mod [string]

_actionId Id of the key action. [string]

_displayName Pretty name, or an array of strings for the pretty name and a tool tip [string]

_downCode Code for down event, empty string for no code.

_upCode Code for up event, empty string for no code. [Code]

Optional:

_defaultKeybind The keybinding data in the format [DIK, [shift, ctrl, alt]] [Array]

_holdKey Will the key fire every frame while down [bool]

_holdDelay How long after keydown will the key start firing every frame, in seconds. [Float]

_overwrite Overwrite any previously stored default keybind [bool]

RETURN VALUE

Returns the current keybind for the action in the format [DIK, [shift, ctrl, alt]] [Array]

[b]

WARNING!! - DO NOT DISTRUBTE WITH playWithSix. To Do So will prematurely revert everyones keybinds to default without giving the developers a chance to update their mods[/b]

**PRE-RELEASE** Developer Build of CBA v1.20.50327 **PRE-RELEASE**

CHANGE LOG

* Keybind supports keyup

* New keybind API CBA_fnc_addKeybind.sqf

* Keybind support for ACER keyboards.

* Keybind optimizations. PerFrameHandler support. Must faster.

* Keybind improved localization support.

* The old keybinds will revert to their defaults

* These old keybinds defaults will be locked and cannot be changed.

* So they will work however there will be warnings in the RPT to change to the new API so players can change their keys.

* EH FireBIS fixes

* String Functions Optimizations. Much faster.

* Fixed RPT Errors with Updating Base Class and Cannot Delete....

* Improved Hashes

* XEH Support for "ReammoBox_F" enabled.

* Improved Strings Functions with added Private declarations

* Fixed the inability to return to default keybinds after starting a new mission.

* Caching Changes. Ask Nou.

* ADDED holdkey feature for Keybinds. - Nou

* FIXED Arma 3 v1.42 RC Issue - Updating Base Classes

* FIXED Arma 3 v142 RC Issue - fn_undefCheck.sqf not found

* ADDED CBA Debug Enhancement - Nou -

Developers Download:

PRE-RELEASE Developer Build of CBA_A3 v1.1.20.150327

Mega - http://bit.ly/1Facs1x

Edited by ViperMaul
Fixed Build Number