vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Today, after toying with mods in the editor I've noticed that I can't load a game that I save.

I've then tried to play a couple of campaign missions and tried using the save games in them, same problem there. Saved games are unusable.

I have come across this problem as well. Since the start I have had @CBA_A3 in the My Documents/Arma 3 folder with no problems until I updated CBA recently. I see that the installation instructions require it to be installed in the SteamApps/Arma 3 folder. I have installed the latest version in there and I can save and load games as normal now, and without other error messages popping up either.

OK, not quite clear here. Is this the only release of CBA for ArmA 3, or should I be using some other stable version of CBA for ArmA 3 before this release candidate is finished ?

Getting the following error:

cba_ai.pbo.cba_a3_rc4.bisign Test FAILED

RPT report

Latest CBA just installed.

Playing WLA (Whole Lotta Altis), just standing doing nothing at that time, this error popped up 28 times:

Error in expression <eh_ar call _x }forEach((_this select 2) getVariable [sLX_XEH_STR_GetInMan,[]]) >
 Error position: <getVariable [sLX_XEH_STR_GetInMan,[]]) >
 Error getvariable: Type Number, expected Namespace,Object,Group,Control,Team member,Task,Location

I have no idea why it is showing up, what it is about or where the error could be. Can anyone shed some light on it?

Never seen this before the latest CBA release.

Noticed it a lot now.

Which specific variant of WLA is it? (There are four)

Which specific variant of WLA is it? (There are four)

The one where I manually download it from his dropbox and install it myself.

And it is the SP.

The one where I manually download it from his dropbox and install it myself.

And it is the SP.

Thanks, single-player it is then.

Please describe how to reproduce the problem. Please tell us the exact steps from the time you start/restart the scenario from the game's main menu.

Thanks, single-player it is then.

Please describe how to reproduce the problem. Please tell us the exact steps from the time you start/restart the scenario from the game's main menu.

I wish I could, but that is impossible. I had been playing for a few hours and have just captured an airfield not long before.

At that exact moment I was just standing idle, flipping in and out of the map deciding what to do next.

As I said, I have no idea why it showed up. I couldn't find any clues in what I did that could have explained it or given any clues.

Also I have only seen that error once. Never before that CBA update. After that error, I haven't been playing that much, but I haven't seen it since either.

Might have been a one time thing.

I'm not even sure what those lines represent, in what cases they can get called. If I knew that, I might be able to come up with some scenario.

Otherwise, if I see it again, I will try and see if I can find some way to reproduce it.

Guys is there any hope for a fix? Addons that rely on CBA stop working when a SP saved game is loaded. I think it has been this way since Arma 1.

Is CBA available in Steam Workshop? If not, could it be made available there? I've seen addons there that require CBA (Action Button Mod being the top one on my list), and having Steam taking care of (automatically?) distributing CBA updates would be a great bonus.

The issue with CBA is that it's not one PBO, unless they took the time to make it one...

Hi. What exactly is Community Based Addons? How can CBA benefit my missions and workflow? Forgive my ignorance. I may have mis-read the original post. Thanks.

3200+ posts without knowing what is CBA? I'm impressed, Iceman! ^^'

Besides the new eventhandlers, it offers more functions (like an alternative patrol script, search building script etc), new ways to initialise your addon on start-up, a new key binding system and more.

You should have a look at the doc on their website if you want a good idea of the ressources it has to offer.

Oh thankyou very much. I never had any call for "utility" type addons (aside from some addon reqs). As far as scripting I actually have used cba once ages ago for some function or another I can't remember. Think it was some mapGridPos to worldPos function or the like. Anyhow seems it does much more too. The "new" eventhandlers you talk about seem like something worth a look. Ofcourse functions are always nice too. Cheers.

Guys is there any hope for a fix? Addons that rely on CBA stop working when a SP saved game is loaded. I think it has been this way since Arma 1.
Needed: example of an addon which combined with CBA suffers from the SP savegame problem. We need reproduction steps to have any hope of fixing problems.

---------- Post added at 19:13 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

Hi, I've been using CBA for ARMA 3 for quite some time, lately I've re-installed ARMA 3 and put in a lot of mods, which I placed in quite a few mod files, CBA_A3 is one of them and it has only CBA in it.

Today, after toying with mods in the editor I've noticed that I can't load a game that I save, for example I make a rudimentary mission, save it and hit preview to try it out. In the mission I save the game and then play, inevitably after some time I get killed, I attempt to load the save game but it doesn't work. What I get is end mission screen and the only way to go forward from there is to restart the whole mission or to exit back to the editor.

I've then tried to play a couple of campaign missions and tried using the save games in them, same problem there. Saved games are unusable.

To eliminate a possibility of a faulty installation I then run the game completely Vanilla and everything work's perfectly.

Knowing therefor that the problem is one of the mods or one of the addons within them I start running the game while disabling one mod at a time, thinking how since CBA has only CBA stuff in it I disabled it last, ran the game without it and tried as with all other attempts to load a save game from a custom mission in the editor. The save game loads perfectly. Hence the problem is apparently with CBA, I've installed this last version sometime early morning today and after a couple of re-downloads and repeated attempts I have to say that this version of CBA for ARMA 3 which is (just to be exact): 1.0.9.140907 RC4 , doesn't allow me to load save games when playing ARMA 3.

That is all I guess, I've never had this issue with CBA before, I can live without loading save games for a while waiting for the new version, I just wanted to let you guys know about this, especially since I found somewhere on the forums that some time ago other ppl had similar if not same issues.

Best regards.

Same thing here - we need a description of how to reproduce the problem.

I can run the current Arma 3 1.34.128075 with CBA_A3 1.0.9.140907 (aka CBA_A3 RC4), play the SP Showcase "Infantry" and save/reload/resume just fine.

Needed: example of an addon which combined with CBA suffers from the SP savegame problem. We need reproduction steps to have any hope of fixing problems.

MagRepack won't work after a save game is loaded, or any other addon that requires CBA. More examples:

FHQ debug console

FHQ Map Draw

MagRepack won't work after a save game is loaded, or any other addon that requires CBA. More examples:

FHQ debug console

FHQ Map Draw

At least for the debug console, I know that the problem is that I search for the main game display, and while it works when I start normally via CBA, it won't find the display anymore after loading a game and will wait indefinitely for the display...

FHQ debug console

FHQ Map Draw

All of these three addons have problems after reload/resume but the problems are not caused by CBA. It is a general problem with running scripts that manage UI resources.

For the Mag Repack addon, the actual root cause and a hint at a solution to the problem was provided back in February in post 95: Mag Repack, page 10

The solution is to monitor UI scripts and restart them if/when they exit (which they do when a game is "save & exited"). Later, when the mission is resumed, the UI thread will no longer be running.

I have already presented a solution to this problem for the Status Hud addon here

These three addons can be reworked in a similar way - run the UI bits in a separate "thread" and restart the thread when/if it exits.

TL;DR: the savegame problem with these three addons is not a CBA bug.

Edited by Killswitch

FHQ debug console

FHQ Map Draw

You should use the mod "Moduload". This mod reinitializes mods when loading a saved game. I know that it works for the debug Console, i use the console myself

Please Update the cba according to the new arma III update v1.36

are you having issues? rpt spam? etc?

are you having issues? rpt spam? etc?

Getting kicked from my dedicated server that the mods are depended on CBA, and if i launch only with cba i getting same message.

hmmm,, and i say hmmm, because i have a dedicated server as well .. and its running no problems.

I can guarantee you that its not CBA and probably another mod's key..

i had to remove ALL my KEYS from my servers KEYS folder, as the updated didnt play nice with one of the keys.. "i never figured out what key it was"

However, I have cba, AiA TP and a whole load of other maps on my server and its starts and runs fine...

First step is to remove all the keys from your keys folder and launch with out any mods, then add the key for cba and launch cba... this of course after you delete and reinstall CBA to make sure you have the correct version..

these are all just suggestions however, im sure cba is not the issue as i am using it on my server and clients just fine and can join an play on my or any server.

Hey ViperMaul, I´ve noticed a strange behavior of CBA while trying to host a listen server of ArmA3 to play with my buddy: I was on CBA v1.09 (RC4) and everytime I´ve tried to create an internet MP game (LAN worked fine, so I´ve never suspected it till the last itme) my game would freeze... I though arma was freezing due to lack of Gamespy support, but then I´ve loaded arma3 with CBA v1.05 and it worked (not as a charm cus recent mod CBA dependant sometimes didn´t work and I had other dependancies errors) and I was able to host and play with my buddy... then I´ve tried again with v1.09 form another source or even 1.08, bamf - freeze...

Then I´ve tried loading v1.05 + 1.09 and now it works as a charm (everything works, I can save MP games and reert, all mods works etc etc) so could the freezing be caused by some MP eventhandler that was present on v1.05 and absent on .09 RC4??? Or the update was intended to be over-writing older versions? (I should have merged v1.05 with 1.09 before anyway?)

I can post a rpt of the freezing if you need it...

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

hmmm,, and i say hmmm, because i have a dedicated server as well .. and its running no problems.

I can guarantee you that its not CBA and probably another mod's key..

i had to remove ALL my KEYS from my servers KEYS folder, as the updated didnt play nice with one of the keys.. "i never figured out what key it was"

However, I have cba, AiA TP and a whole load of other maps on my server and its starts and runs fine...

First step is to remove all the keys from your keys folder and launch with out any mods, then add the key for cba and launch cba... this of course after you delete and reinstall CBA to make sure you have the correct version..

these are all just suggestions however, im sure cba is not the issue as i am using it on my server and clients just fine and can join an play on my or any server.

As you said it was the keys problem' sorry for interrupting.. Thanks

Such an amazing addon helped me alot with my mods actually, but, there's one thing I'd love for you guys to do, PLEAS PLEASE PLEASE, upload your addon to the STEAM WORKSHOP that way so we can subscribe to you and get all the updates the easy way. Thank you!