vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Hello! I have a problem with running CBA on my computer. The game shows

Addon 'cba_xeh_a3' requires addon 'CAData'.

I hit OK. The game starts but then I cannot run any editor loaded mission - it always throws me back to editor with error message

No entry 'Config.bin/CfgPatches.CaData'.

Does anyone have the same problem?

I'm always running recent dev-build..

Thanks in advance.

Same here with Dev Branch of the game. I think that does not happen when you use Stable Branch.

Not only am I getting these errors, the game seems to crash exponentially more often when CBA is enabled. Is this related to dev branch as well?

Just a question: can you make CBA available via Steam Workshop?

It's a prerequisite for many addons/mods (including bCombat).

I think many of these will come to Steam.

Ty.

Hi!

Is is possible to put the date of the last update in the OP. I'm always wondering if it's been updated recently or I'm still up to date.

Thanks! :)

@ fabrizio_T

So far steam only allows one pbo per mod.

Hello is there a way to remove the cba message that pop up in the chat box showing if a player has cba and what version?

I have been getting an error message when starting Arma about XEH requiring CAdata. I am on the dev branch.

I tried removing all mods which didn't work. However if I start with A3MP the error message does not appear. Very strange

I have been getting an error message when starting Arma about XEH requiring CAdata. I am on the dev branch.

I tried removing all mods which didn't work. However if I start with A3MP the error message does not appear. Very strange

Hey Lee look this a link https://dev.withsix.com/issues/75080

Direct link Upload by DevWithSix https://dev.withsix.com/attachments/22163/CBA_A3_RC3_Hotfix2_v1.08.140901.7z

Edited by Synclair
Link

Hey guys. I've since set up a Linux server and it's been working quite well, but I found out what my crash problem was. I suspected it for a long time but I wasn't able to test it.

If you have a Windows virtual machine as your Arma server and it only has one CPU core, CBA will cause it to crash for some reason. I was finally able to change it to 4 cores and now the server doesn't crash a few minutes into the mission.

I hope this can provide some answers for other frustrated admins who seem to be having unexplained crashes.

Current version: 1.0.9.140907 RC4

This release adds support for some new event handlers. It has some optimizations thanks to some new commands like pushBack and some fixes to the CBA Keybinding System.

For documentation of the new CBA Keybinding System see https://dev.withsix.com/projects/cca/wiki/Keybinding.

Change Log

RC4

• FIXED: Hashes/fnc_isHash.sqf leaks local variable to global scope. (74961) - killswitch
  • FIXED: Cancel and ESC key does not revert your key assignment (74913) - Taosenai
  • FIXED: Warning Message: Addon 'cba_xeh_a3' requires addon 'CAData' in 1.29 or later - ViperMaul
  • ADDED: Warning for Duplicate Keybinds (74914) - Taosenai
  • ADDED: Support for ContainerClosed and ContainerOpened event handlers (75094) - killswitch
  • IMPROVED: Functions with the new pushBack command. (74884) - killswitch

Change Log for Release Candidate 4 - http://dev.withsix.com/versions/1632

ROADMAP for Final Release - http://dev.withsix.com/versions/1640

Hosted at the following:

Signatures are included.

Submit Bugs at https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cba-a3/issues/new

Licensed Under GPLv2

Any addon which calls CBA-defined functions need not be licensed under the GPLv2

or released under a free software license. Only if you are directly including CBA code

in your addon's binarized PBO or redistributing a modified version of CBA itself would

your work be considered derivative and therefore be legally required to be released under

the terms of the GPL. (And there's no reason to ever do either of these.)

Thanks in advance for your continued feedback!

Edited by ViperMaul
Updated Mirrors

<mods please delete>

Edited by ViperMaul
Updated Mirrors

Congrats on the new release! CBA really helps out servers a lot! Good luck on future CBA versions!

RPT report

Latest CBA just installed.

Playing WLA (Whole Lotta Altis), just standing doing nothing at that time, this error popped up 28 times:

Error in expression <eh_ar call _x }forEach((_this select 2) getVariable [sLX_XEH_STR_GetInMan,[]]) >
 Error position: <getVariable [sLX_XEH_STR_GetInMan,[]]) >
 Error getvariable: Type Number, expected Namespace,Object,Group,Control,Team member,Task,Location

I have no idea why it is showing up, what it is about or where the error could be. Can anyone shed some light on it?

Never seen this before the latest CBA release.

Noticed it a lot now.

Edited by stlassen

When I uploaded the new serverkey for the new version I couldn't join the server anymore.

I deleted the new key and went back to the rc3 hotfix key and it worked again and I could join the server.

When I use the rc4 key following messages pops up in the log:

2014/10/03, 17:44:39 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1575350220): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

2014/10/03, 17:45:05 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1673667348): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

2014/10/03, 17:46:01 NetServer::finishDestroyPlayer(1740646454): DESTROY immediately after CREATE, both cancelled

Guys, I seriously suspect CBA to break the "killed" eventhandler with the last update.

Working on my mission I recently noticed the "killed" eventhandler is not reliably giving back the correct _killer. Interestingly it gives back the same value as _victim (so both values of the array have the same value). This happens after few seconds into the mission, before it works OK (which I only happen to see, if I place enemy AI next to each other, so they shoot instantly).

After hours of fiddling and nail biting I disabled CBA and suddenly it works correctly! BI wiki says " Object that killed the unit Contains the unit itself in case of collisions", whatever that means.

Well I was mistaken. Doesnt work with CBA disabled also, but doesnt work another way :mad: :rolleyes:

Edited by nomisum

EDIT: Error was on my script and not on CBA and it has been fixed now :)

Edited by nikolauska

Hi, I've been using CBA for ARMA 3 for quite some time, lately I've re-installed ARMA 3 and put in a lot of mods, which I placed in quite a few mod files, CBA_A3 is one of them and it has only CBA in it.

Today, after toying with mods in the editor I've noticed that I can't load a game that I save, for example I make a rudimentary mission, save it and hit preview to try it out. In the mission I save the game and then play, inevitably after some time I get killed, I attempt to load the save game but it doesn't work. What I get is end mission screen and the only way to go forward from there is to restart the whole mission or to exit back to the editor.

I've then tried to play a couple of campaign missions and tried using the save games in them, same problem there. Saved games are unusable.

To eliminate a possibility of a faulty installation I then run the game completely Vanilla and everything work's perfectly.

Knowing therefor that the problem is one of the mods or one of the addons within them I start running the game while disabling one mod at a time, thinking how since CBA has only CBA stuff in it I disabled it last, ran the game without it and tried as with all other attempts to load a save game from a custom mission in the editor. The save game loads perfectly. Hence the problem is apparently with CBA, I've installed this last version sometime early morning today and after a couple of re-downloads and repeated attempts I have to say that this version of CBA for ARMA 3 which is (just to be exact): 1.0.9.140907 RC4 , doesn't allow me to load save games when playing ARMA 3.

That is all I guess, I've never had this issue with CBA before, I can live without loading save games for a while waiting for the new version, I just wanted to let you guys know about this, especially since I found somewhere on the forums that some time ago other ppl had similar if not same issues.

Best regards.

when using CBA 1.09 I get these messages in client and server rpt :-

Cannot delete class Eventhandlers, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).

Cannot delete class Eventhandlers, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).

Cannot delete class EventHandlers, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).

Cannot delete class EventHandlers, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).

Do not know if this is an issue just reporting it.

Just a little update I've determined that the file making me unable to load saved games is "cba_common.pbo"