vipermaul

CBA - Community Base Addons - ARMA 3

Post the server rpt when running with TADST and without please.

Are you also aware that 1.26 and 1.28 are crashing a lot in general in MP?

Plus you should forward crash logs always (also) to BI via the feedback tracker.

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

I am aware that they are causing crashes, but we've tried running other mods and even no mods and the server never crashed.

Here's an RPT from the server starting through TADST but not running mods. It crashed because I (the client) was running CBA.

http://pastebin.com/VUysLFBs

Here's an RPT from when I just double-clicked arma3server.exe and played the same mission on it. I was still running CBA on my own client, but the server was vanilla. It didn't crash here

http://pastebin.com/GwMA5yDe

If there's anything else I can do, let me know. Thank you so much

Also, by crash logs, do you mean the RPT files or the minidump files mentioned in the RPTs?

Thanks!

Ref crash logs:

http://feedback.arma3.com/how-to-user.html

http://feedback.arma3.com

Unrelated but when/how does this happen?

Missing addons detected:

aia_provinggrounds_pmc_config

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.aia_provinggrounds_pmc_config

These are faulty and remove them:

-pid=pid -ranking=ranking

Other than that you could try to remove the other parameters one by one.

Another thing to try is to run either older CBA versions, or just the XEH pbos of it (cba_xeh.pbo and cba_xeh_a3.pbo but no other CBA pbo).

Is your server running dev branch?

What you can try is to extract the xeh_a3.pbo, remove the "CAData", string from requiredAddons and repack it.

If you just replace it on the server, it should be enough (and no problem with the signature system).

I'm back with more information about my issues.

I've just tried to run the server without TADST. I thought that TADST was causing the crash, but it seems to be something within the server configuration combined with CBA. I was completely dismayed when I saw that the server crashed after I set up a separate configuration through a .bat file. Here's the RPT from that crash. I hope someone more knowledgeable can help me get closer to fixing this horrible issue, because at this point I'm close to giving up on arma for a while.

http://pastebin.com/QqZSwptL

This RPT contains no mods running, but CBA was running on the client machine that connected to the server. It crashed, as usual, a few minutes into the mission.

Here's another with CBA running through TADST, and CBA was also running on the client machine. The crash would happen if CBA was running on the server with the client running fully vanilla as well:

http://pastebin.com/u1k1Nv11

@ GDent

You expect too much - in general crashes can only be analyzed by BI itself.

In few cases the rpt can give some indicating and it helps to understand the overall situation (mods used, startup params, etc), but thats it.

So please do as said in #103.

1) Report the crash to BI

2) If you still have the energy, remove the params set in TADST one by way to narrow it down

PS: You should at least disable JSRS and others mods (aside from CBA) during your tests.

I've decided it's the windows server itself that's the problem and will attempt to either reboot or reinstall it later today, unless I can get a linux server running (getting close)

Apologies for the double post, but if this can be analyzed by anyone I think it might be of some importance.

I won't ask for help or anything like that after this, because I guess I really am asking for too much. But I completely installed a clean version of Windows Server 2012 on my server and the crash is still occuring with only CBA running. I made a private ticket on the Arma 3 feedback tracker for BI, but after searching around the other tickets they're asking people to remove all the mods running to see if it still crashes. It seems they don't care about mods, just game itself.

In case they decide not to acknowledge my ticket for the reasons above, I decided to look a bit further into my problem to report back here.

It seems that something about engaging enemy AI combined with CBA is causing the server to crash. Again, this happened on two different Windows installs with clean versions of the game. I've concluded this because I tried running missions with no enemies and they did not crash. If CBA is running and a mission with enemies is loaded, the server will crash.

I've uploaded an RPT (along with an mdmp and bidmp, but I know you can't read those, this is what I gave BI) here: https://mega.co.nz/#!y8dixKKA!fgAkcWxw581T94nnhLwEZaVbNrE5GwgW47I-zLkCUA0

I really don't know if this information is significant to CBA devs, but I decided to post about it anyway. I hope I can get this issue resolved; I've been through several days of fighting and struggling against this and have turned up entirely, utterly defeated. If I can't get my current issue with the Linux server resolved, I will likely quit Arma for a few months and check back at every CBA or game update. It's the only thing I can do.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you GDent for the research! Can you upload your test mission please?

We have forwarded the crash to BI. Still would recommend you to make a report in the A3 feedback tracker yourself too.

I did create a private report on the feedback tracker, so I'm just waiting for BI's reply now. Here's the sample mission I used; it's just a simple mission made with no mods for a few players on Stratis where you and some opfor run into town to kill each other.

https://mega.co.nz/#!u8dgAYZb!ctQEoh59eQc4EzpXhONB1XCeDGwJZRgWyZvwI8xyCls

This mission seems to crash the server only after engaging the enemies, but I could be wrong. It may or may not be possible to just sit there and never see the enemies and it will crash. I think I once tried that and it didn't crash in 25 minutes, but I'm not sure. Another mission my friend made with a few mods will crash the mission even if you just sit there. That one was made with CAF Aggressors, ARP2, and AiATP (on Zargabad).

I'm really grateful you're looking into this. I've enjoyed learning Linux but I'd rather be on a Windows server for familiarity.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out that the server does crash with the Escape from Stratis mission, so any mission will crash as long as (I'm mostly sure) there's enemy AI and CBA is running on either the client or server (or both)

Edited by GDent

Great, let me know if you have any suggestions and keep me posted if you find anything out. In the meantime I'll see what I can do with Linux.

Hi all!

I currently am away from my A3 machine, but the last time I played A3, I had the same error Kydoimos posted

Having some issues with the CBA Addon on one of my missions - basically, when fading in from black, nothing happens. Players are stuck with a blank screen. Also, having issues with game loads. Player is ending up at sea! Apparently, when the CBA Addon is disabled, these problems go away. Any ideas?
Has this already been adressed? sorry if I sound like an idiot, but as I said, I am currently unable to test it.

thanks in advance :)

Please provide a (simple) demo with specific reproduction steps. Thanks!

Well,

it is very easy to reproduce: disable all addons appart from CBA, play a single player scenario, save the game and then try to load it. The savegame won't load and instead will show a picture of the sea.

I am running on the current BI stable build if that helps.

Well,

it is very easy to reproduce: disable all addons appart from CBA, play a single player scenario, save the game and then try to load it. The savegame won't load and instead will show a picture of the sea.

I am running on the current BI stable build if that helps.

Unable to reproduce (so far). I can run the single-player showcase "Infantry" with CBA_A3 loaded and save/load/resume just fine. (A3 stable 1.28.127008)

@ FLv*VeNoM*

Please post the rpt log file for a session with this issue.

Hi .kju,

will do so! But I won't be able to for at least another week, since I'm not at my A3 machine.

@Killswitch: That's strange, because it is the exact scenario that I used to pinpoint CBA as the source of the problem...are you using the latest version of CBA? 'RC3 Hotfix'?

many thanks to all of you for your replies so far and have a nice weekend :)

@Killswitch: That's strange, because it is the exact scenario that I used to pinpoint CBA as the source of the problem...are you using the latest version of CBA? 'RC3 Hotfix'?
Yep, RC3 hotfix, so I'm scratching my head here as to what the problem might be.

I have a quick question about my server problem.

I tried running the Arma 3 server with only CBA running on both my computer and the server, and it crashes only on the server. Never crashes on my home machine.

But I realized something possibly important: The server is a virtual machine. Would this have any effect on it crashing with CBA? I can't imagine why, but maybe this has something to do with it.