Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

International MaxxPro - Deja Vu?

lol yep it was started by the infamous "lincolnlou", banned because he kept breaking rules over and over such as repeatedly asking for a release date/progress on certain mods as well as insulting/being disrespectful‎ towards others. On the other hand, really nice model you got going here!

Hey Mike:

Neg on dev. After a few hrs of messing w/ it, I have managed to fix the float-i-ness, I think it was the result of a poor Friction vs. Slip line and bad weighting. Seems all clear at this point.

Cheers

RichardsD,

Just wanting to agree with everyone else and tell you thanks for doing this for the community. Keep up the great work, looking forward to the release.

Ky

Hello:

I have a slight issue with the PiP RCWS variant. For some reason, the gunners head is snapped to the front when it needs to look sideways as the whole proxy is.

If anyone knows.. please let me know.

Richards

Problem.png

Hey RichardsD!

I haven't seen this project before ( I don't know how ), and I wanted to say that I've followed your previous projects ( trucks & hummves ) and you seem to be a really outstanding modeler ( and you work really fast! ). :)

I must apologise because I'm gonna be a bit picky and rude ( specially having in mind that I'm awful at modding ), judging from your previous addons, maybe you could give a bit more love to your texture work. I hate to give that kind of feedback, but is that your models are so good, that with some improvement in the textures they would be top noch. Again my apologies.

Hahaha no need to apologize. I am awful at textures.. although I feel this interior one is a bit better, but by no means outstanding.

Hahaha no need to apologize. I am awful at textures.. although I feel this interior one is a bit better, but by no means outstanding.

Sounds promising :)

If I may add a suggestion: I don't know if you have give any thought on this, but you could join or collaborate with the Red Hammer team that is working with the US Army Mod. They are one of the best teams in the Arma Community in terms of quality, and IMO your models could perfectly fit there. And they could give a hand with the texturing part.

Hahaha, that is rather kind although I do not believe feasible. My modeling skills are limited to creating objects that are rather simple in nature.. I hope to properly learn 3DS soon and make some original content, as building off of pre-existing content is fine, but I mean.. a Leopard 1A4 would be nice and all.

One day.. one day.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-06-17%2000-23-48-66.png (2982 kB)

Anyways, for now this is my update. A few small issues, but progressing rather nicely. The other odd looking vehicle is the Maxxpro Dash DXM 6x6, a really cool.. MRAP Logistics Truck combination.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-06-17%2000-23-48-66.png (2982 kB)

Anyways, for now this is my update. A few small issues, but progressing rather nicely. The other odd looking vehicle is the Maxxpro Dash DXM 6x6, a really cool.. MRAP Logistics Truck combination.

Sir, that 6x6 Maxxpro is amazing.

Great job, keep up the good work, can't wait to use it in game.

Hahaha, that is rather kind although I do not believe feasible. My modeling skills are limited to creating objects that are rather simple in nature.. I hope to properly learn 3DS soon and make some original content, as building off of pre-existing content is fine, but I mean.. a Leopard 1A4 would be nice and all.

I'm sure you will :)

BTW If you accept vehicle suggestions, you could adapt the Bradley or M113 from the Arma 2 open files, they have lots of variations that have never been added to the Arma series ( mortar, recon, cavalry, TOW, etc. ).

Or if you want something a bit more tricky: the new Growler.

BTW a pack including all your vehicles could be nice ( to give people a single link ) :)

Bradley's and M113's would be most excellent!

Anyways great work on the Maxxpro as usual Richard, I was wondering If you have considered possibly making a variant with the dual rear tires?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/US_Army_50962_Mine_Resistant_Ambush_Protected_Expedient_Armor_Program_Add-on-Armor_Kit.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LaPDuIJmjlI/Sqf55aew_BI/AAAAAAAAAcE/Dn18uYaPF8s/s1600-h/maxxpro_ambulance2.jpg

Might be cool to add to more variations eh? Anyways great work I look forward to yet again another excellent mod from you!

Bradley's and M113's would be most excellent!

Anyways great work on the Maxxpro as usual Richard, I was wondering If you have considered possibly making a variant with the dual rear tires?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a4/US_Army_50962_Mine_Resistant_Ambush_Protected_Expedient_Armor_Program_Add-on-Armor_Kit.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LaPDuIJmjlI/Sqf55aew_BI/AAAAAAAAAcE/Dn18uYaPF8s/s1600-h/maxxpro_ambulance2.jpg

Might be cool to add to more variations eh? Anyways great work I look forward to yet again another excellent mod from you!

I second that! Awesome work as always RichardsD, you´re the guy who turns dreams into reality, Arma 3 reality :D

Alright, so rear dulies is of course possible, but more work than you may think. Why? Well the vehicle I am building is the International/Navistar MaxxPro. That variant as actually called the MaxxPro Dash, which actually has much larger wheels, much beefier suspension, and other changes. I may do that vehicle as well.

Richards

Alright, I need help, this is rather serious and to say the least, I am very very displeased about this situation. So, the updated A3 Tools Addon Builder seems to have done:

A. Moved my MaxxPro Addon to the C\ Temp Folder, and bloody binarized it. I am left with now a .P3D file which immediately crashes the client and a .dep file of the same name. If any one knows, please tell, as losing ALL this work due to a bloody update which broke the tools would be.. absolutely infuriating to say the least.

Richards

I heard some guy said if you search "armaworks" on your HDD in windows search or somthing, it brings up some of your old folders they are just like hidden or somthing.

This isn't realiable I barley remember, but worth a shot.

-MikeTim

To prevent situations like that I encourage you to always make backups, and if possible keep them in different devices and locations ( I have always a triple,backup of all my work ).

Alright, I'll do a quick update here so you know where it stands. Some time between 12PM EST June 18th and early this morning, June 19th, the DAR_MaxxPro folder in P:\ disappeared. This is starting like a bloody CSI episode eh? Anyways. The main issue here is that this folder was not in recycle bin, which had not been emptied, and was not on any of my HDDs. So, after hours of searching, trying backups, I can safely say that the original source folder has been lost. I beleive this is due to odd behavior of the recently updated addon builder, but I work late in the night and could have made a stupid mistake, although I can not find any records of the files being deleted. What appears to have happened is Addon Builder moved my source folder from P:\ on my D:\ drive to my Temp folder on my C:\ drive, and then binarized it. No one else has reported a similar issue, but this is a lesson, to do bloody backups. As for the vehicle, it uses a lot of original 3d content I modeled, which along with textures and configs are in a separate folder on a separate drive. So, really, I still have the A2 models, I still have the new textures, config, and my 3ds files.. so really it is just a matter of doing the oxygen mem lod placement.. tweaking and so forth again. A pain.. but really is not the end of the world, and I have no plans to cancel the project as I can easily continue and complete it. Well, if I have learned anything.. backup.

Richards

Edit

I've been thinking, and I'd rather even extend this to do it right, and see if I can model a much better hood, as the current one is really quite.. basic. So I'll actually work on that which will delay it further, but I think will be much better.

Edited by RichardsD

Richards, I have like alot of your addons and such, but in your vehicles I think there is always one thing missing.

When I used the Humvee and MTVR packs, honestly with your textures, they are not bad, they are actually fine, but I feel like they have no real "metal" quality or feeling to them,

maybe you don't use any specular map or shine or something?

I don't really think some dusty military truck should be shiny, but something feels unshaded and papery about them.

The maxxpro looks better in this respect, it seems to have much better textures and such, maybe somthing is behind this.

I hope maybe you can understand or point out to me what does this or what might give this effect.