Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

International MaxxPro - Deja Vu?

Hello:

So, currently my projects are refining my released HMMWV and MTVR addons. But I was contacted to see if I was interested in porting the International MaxxPro Class 1 MRAP to Arma 3. Now, this was started by someone who appears to be removed from the forums, and as far as I can tell, I was able to download the MLODs of this project freely and read up a few old topics which appear to show that he did infact release these to the public, to do as we wish. Regardless, Nanm will be fully credited with what is a really nice original addon. But I wouldn't just do a straight port, in my mind you need to add value, in the spirit of good old John Locke eh? So, this will be a more long term project, to really improve the MaxxPro to a level where I feel it would be much better suited to Arma 3. This original model is very nice, it is just saving poly's wherever possible.. and in Arma 3 that doesn't really concern me, so I'm going to really try to improve the model. I've posted a photo below outlining what I plan to do in comparison with a reference photo. So, really there is no timeline on this, it will be a slow process as I focus on refining my current addons rather than springing right into a cheap port which really won't do the A3 engine justice in my opinion. This is of course, no disrespect to the original maker, he did a fine job, I just see some room for improvement.

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/sazleq/MaxxProTransition.png (590 kB)

Yes, the MaxxPro is open to be worked on. I've got a bunch of the assets myself on my HD, but a little short on time and talent to see it through.

I'm looking forward to this getting done, and it will be a welcome addition. I might be greedy, but I'd recommend a serviceable version be released as soon as you can, and your enhanced version later when it's ready.

I'd like to see full HD interiors, nothing worse on community ports than low detail interiors

You're awesome Richard. Looking forward for this addon. :D

I'll be waiting patiently. Your HMMWVs need a big brother.

I'd like to see full HD interiors, nothing worse on community ports than low detail interiors

Yeah, I only posted a photo of the exterior modifications. The interior mod will be... well actually make an interior lol. It is to say the least.. rather basic indeed.

Good looking!Try to make it looking a unified as possible.

Alright, a quick update. Most of the exterior is now complete, the interior will be the next project. The vehicle has many new exterior details, completely remodeled components such as the Hood, Side AC Areas, the Fuel Tanks, the Front Ram Guard and so forth.

Also has new exterior texturing, Normal Maps and Rvmats, has less of the slightly dark and weirdly scratched paint and now fits more with a lighter and more weathered scheme.

Screenshot:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-06-09%2014-56-35-83.png (2031 kB)

Richards

Looks extremely good man, I'm really glad that your doing this. Keep at It!

Dear lord it's a whole new beast. Love it! I can't wait to be driving this straight into some firefights. Keep up the great work man!

Alright, another quick update. I have been doing a lot of modeling on the interior and have finished the untextured models of my new interior. The original model had the dash from a Ural Transport Truck, and that was basically it. I feel that does not do it justice, So I decided to scratch model a more accurate interior.

Here are a few renders:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/20140610000551_16s.png (1464 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/20140610001048_17s.png (1334 kB)

Looking forward to it, those are some promising screenshots, good job!

Very nice work!

First link doesn't work.

The dropbox links people always post are constantly broken (Probably not your fault, idk why it always does), a friendly suggestion: Use imgur if you can

Nice work though, can Units sit in that back part?

(or will they be able to?)

I remember (maybe i'm wrong) this vehicle having seats or benches in the back

Edited by MikeTim
bad spelings

Hey Mike:

Yes, those renders have no seating, the finished vehicle has 6 rear seats and a commanders seat next to the drive for a total of 8 pers including the driver and vehicle commander.

I know this must be a pesky question, but do you have a rough ETA for those vehicles?

Hmm, not really sure tbh. Doing some interior work, I still want to make some more custom exterior eye candy for another variant, but I would say it is going rather well and is mostly complete.

Richards

Great work so far RichardsD - Could you possibly make them tougher than the Hunters? As we all know the vanilla Hunters are made of tinfoil apparently and they blow up way too easily.

nice job would like to see a replacement conf for that and one with the remote turret to that would be nice

Alright, just doing some drive testing, and right now the issue I am having is that the driving is extremely floaty. Past 60km/h, I just lose grip on the road and slide everywhere like a 13 year old driving a bloody Supra or something. Anyone know which Physx values directly affect the grip, or is it only the friction vs. slip graph?

Richards

Are you using the latest dev build? If so don't.

I hear the dev build itself has caused a bunch of friction/grip issues in driving, so if your using that maybe its not even your fault its doing it.

Hopefully :)