Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

Up Armored HMMWV Modification - Release

The glass of the windows seems impenetrable. Not sure if that was intended.

Richads,

In agreement with Alex's post earlier about the 1151's blowing up with 7.62, my clan and I have been conducting testing with the addon. Recently, we were conducting a COOP missions and virtually all of our trucks were destroyed by riflemen. After the mission was over we tried to conduct some controlled testing and here's what we found: (note: the stats are a little bit swagged, but you'll get the picture)

Using a ballistics mod called "bullet_hits_value", the 1151's were being destroyed using 5.56 STANAG mags in less than 4 magazines. That's in the ballpark of 120 rounds. We did some digging and found out that the ballistics mod was not very realistic and had significantly buffed rifle damage.

Using a ballistics mod called LKR_ammo, the 1151's were being destroyed using 5.56 STANAG mags in around 11 mags, or around 360 rounds or so. Again, doing some digging into the ballistic modifications and it only slightly buffed the damage of the 5.56.

Using no additionaly ballistics mods, the 1151's were being destroyed using vanilla 5.56 STANAG mags in around 14 mags, which is in the ballpark of 420 rounds.

Because of how we conduct our missions, your mod is a non-negotiable must have item in our modpack. The amount of damage these 1151's can take is just something we'll have to deal with right now. As a medium to the testing, we attempted the same damage on the hunter, but got bored after 2400 rounds of 5.56. And it practically took zero damage as far as we could tell. I would recommend increasing the armor of these vehicles, as their current values are a little low. Otherwise, fantastic mod and please, keep up the awesome work.

Hello: I'll increase the armor, in both value and thickness.

Phronk: Yes, the glass is absolutely massively thick, should be basically bullet proof.

As for the wheels, no I cannot make them indestructible, But I can increase their armor.

like I said, it pains me to see wheels pop at a slightest bump. I'd much rather have them be indestructible so I don't have to worry about driving bushes over without breaking my vehicle

Makes sense. Just watched a video where a HMMWV deflected a sniper round.

like I said, it pains me to see wheels pop at a slightest bump. I'd much rather have them be indestructible so I don't have to worry about driving bushes over without breaking my vehicle

That would absolutely be no reason to make them indestructible but to increase their armour.

Whoops, he already said that he wanted to increase the armour, didn't saw that.

Alright. Releasing a patch now which adds more armor to the vehicle, and to the tires. I did some testing previously and it could take many magazines of 5.56mm, although I actually even further increased the armor to be in line with the MRAP M-ATV, so it should be even more. I have also replaced the Yellow Trace with Green as per NATO Standard. Finally, I added another line for TFAR so it should work properly now. The MEGA Link is updated, I've sent it to Six/Armaholic which will be update whenever they have a chance.

Cheers

This sounds like an excellent update, Richards! I have to agree that the armor values pre-patch were mighty low and not inline with what they should be. Can't wait to try it out!

This mod sure looks pretty!! I just wanted to ask, will the maneuverability of the HMMWV be decreased? It just feels a bit too fast and maneuverable right now...

Would it be possible to replace A2's Eotech scopes on miniguns with A3 ones? Better texture and the reticle isn't actually painted on glass unlike the old scope.

Hello:

No, Unless that Eotech sight is a proxy I can use, then there is not really a way for me to use A3 content.

Johnathan:

No, currently I have no plans to reduce the maneuverability, although the speed and acceleration may be changed.

Richards

Also I've got one more question, will a ambulance/medvac version be included in a later version? That would be a great addition to this mod!

Thank you very much for the headsup about the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have also replaced the Yellow Trace with Green as per NATO Standard.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't it be red?

Thanks for the extra armour though :D

I think standard NATO 5.56 and 7.62 tracers are red, as autumn says. Only green tracers I know of are 5.45, though people yell me that it's Pact-standard to have them green.

in Armaverse BLUFOR has red tracers and OPFOR has green. but it doesn't mean we should follow this rule ;)

Oh epic failure! Yes, yes, it is red trace :mad:.

Well.. in that case, new update in bound soon.. oh horrible fail indeed.

Richards

Also, I do not plan to make any M998 variants of these vehicles, but I will most likely do more variants, but this mod only focuses on the M1151 and M1152 Up Armored Armament Carrier series.

I keep having this problem when using your mod:

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Car_F/Turrets/ViewOptics.primaryObserver'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Car_F/Turrets/ViewOptics.Turrets'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Car_F/Turrets/ViewOptics.primaryObserver'.
Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Car_F/Turrets/ViewOptics.Turrets'.

Am i the only one?

I'm also using other mods but this problem happens only when yours is loaded.

Hi, your vehicle is awesome. Textures are great. One thing I would suggest is adding some dust and mud to the wheels. They are so clean that they look like toys.

Thank you for doing this!

Cheers!

I'm still working on the M134's, but I was wondering if you could retexture the unarmed woodland hmmwv so that it has a desert variant as well.