Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

Up Armored HMMWV Modification - Release

I was so hyped for this mod, since in hafm hmmwvees the wheels are not spinning. Well same bug here with ACRE :(

Anyway really nice work, these hmmwvees are really outstanding!

Great addon. But, here's some issues I've found that you may or may not be aware of:

• Speed-o-meter and other gauges aren't animated
  • Doesn't have animated gas pedals
  • Doesn't have an animated stick shift
  • TOW variant doesn't have a working optic
  • When in first person, gunner of the .50 cal cannot look behind himself (Not sure if intended or not)
  • Gatling gun doesn't have an optic
  • When in first person, the gatling gun gunner's character animation bobs around too much and makes it difficult to aim without crosshairs enabled or a working optic
  • None of the mounted weapons allow zeroing
  • In the variant of the vehicle that has an open bed in the back, players cannot jump in the back of it like they would for the Offroad vehicle

Jesus man.. you actually.. well.. needless to say I have already planned a proper Stryker mod. But before that.. I want to do a M3 CFV mod. We shall see ;)

Thank you mate! Lovely stuff as always!

It would be awesome if you decide to add the M3, I really miss the Bradley's family.

It would be great to see this made compatable with Zeus, I do missions for friends with Zeus a lot and these are perfect for it except I cant spawn them :S

Phronk:

Thank you for the feedback. I'll get those guages working, as for the M134, I will add some kind of optic to make it a bit easier to aim.

jcinto23:

Currently I have no plans to add the Avenger system, and that photo is a BRDM2 fake for OPFOR training usage.

Cheers

Here's a possible idea of the M134 optic :) Minigun_alex_small.jpg

Would it be possible to classify these are Cars instead of your custom class of DAR HMMWV? It would work with Tonics Virtual Vehicle Spawner.

FA Dalai LAmar, are you using AiA? I had trouble finding them because I am using it. If you look under cars next to the HAFM Humvees entry in the empty section of the editor character selection area you should find them.

Yes, right now whichever addon you load first shows and cancels the others out due to the conflict. Once I fix most of the features listed by the fine reporter then I'll upload a patch which fixes that.

Cheers

Hey Richards:

I look forward to to using these once they're complete!

My guys are reporting that the ironsights on the M2 are blocked by your hands when aiming down the sights.

Also, 7th First! ;)

the distant models are not showing up very well, It's almost about 20 feet and then certain parts like the bumpers and others disappear

I noticed this issue as well. It appears that the LOD models on some of the humvees don't include the edits you made to the stock models and so they just look like the BIS hummers from a distance. This is a really great mod Richard, I'd love if that got sorted out.

Keep up the good work!

I definitely love when addons are packed like that...

still the addon looks awesome so I supposed I'll put up with the minor hassle.

Real simple solution to the not showing up.....Rename the HMMWV_Base to DAR_HMMWV_Base. also you need to rename the anims too because the all conflict with Sudden's and HAFM HMMVs. Example HMMWV_Driver just renamed to DARH_MMWV_Driver. They all need to do this too. I told them this too because their addons conflicted with each other too. I have the corrected config if you need it bro. Love your work!

Lamar

Zeus can only spawn one tan hummwv, if you don't mind can you make it all hummwv to spawnable object for Zeus?

Hey, I'll answer a few quick questions that seem to be common quickly:

FA Dalai Lamar, thank you for your help, however I have already fixed it, I just have yet to push the patch out.

As for Zeus, I do not know at the moment what configing I need to do to make that function in the Zeus menu.. So once I figure that out I have no issue adding Zeus support.

As for The Avenger or M998, this mod really only focuses on the M1151/M1152 series of HMMWV's, but I may do a more broad mod in the future of the older variants.

Richards, to make them spawnable for Zeus, the classnames for the vehicles should be listed in the units[] section of the CfgPatches of your config.

class CfgPatches
{
  class myAddon
  {
     units[]=
     {
         "unit1",
         "unit2"
     };
     weapons[]={};
     requiredVersion=0.1;
     requiredAddons[]=
     {
         "A3_Data_F"
     };
  };
};

Richards,

First off great mod love it you did a great job. My only concern is (and maybe I'm doing something wrong) but when you look down the "sight" of the TOW there are no sights or anything for switching from narrow or wide view or night capable. Just wondering if you had any plans on adding those.