Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

Up Armored HMMWV Modification - Release

RichardsLogo.png

The Up Armored HMMWV Modification

Hello!

So, if you've been following the WIP thread on the forums, we've been making great progress and I managed to get this completed quickly due to not much work and the end of my classes for the year. As such, I am very pleased to release my new Up Armored HMMWV or "Humvee" modification. This modification is a release of the base Arma 2 models equipped with my own Frag 5 Armor Protection Kit, and some elements of the Frag 6 Armor Protection Kit. In the "credits" section I shall list many of the awesome people who lended their time and in one case, some assets to really flesh out some variants and make this possible.

1. Background

So, I'll start with a quick historical abstract, very dirty, no references etc of the HMMWV. So towards the end of the 1980s it was clear to the United States Armed Forces that the M15 "Jeep" would not be sufficient any longer. It suffered from a few issues that were mostly the result of the overall design. Firstly, being so small limited what it could carry, and how much power it could produce. Secondly, the suspension was quite poor and at high speed was prone to flipping due to a fairly high center of gravity. So, research began on a vehicle that could be much faster, could carry more, and be more versatile. The first major step was the Gamma Goat, which although had remarkable off road ability, was incredibly slow, and extremely loud, two features that made it highly unsuited for service. So, AM General proposed the "Humvee" or High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV). This was a far cry from the M15, it was massive in comparison, and instead of sitting over the engine and drive train, the body molded around it affording it massive ground clearance and was extremely roomy inside. This was a reconnaissance, logistics and troop carrier, not meant to fight on the front, but to perform other auxiliary tasks and as such had no armor.

Fast forward again to 2003, the Invaison of Iraq. The initial fighting spawned an insurgency for which the HMMWV would not be suited for. This vehicle, primarily designed for roles outside of the front lines was in need of proper armor protection. Thus, the "Armor Protection Kit" was designed, which included armor doors, windshield, roof, and gunners protection, similar to in Vietnam. These APKs for short evolved over the conflict in Iraq in Afghanistan as they became much heavier and more advanced. This modification features primarily vehicles equipped with the Frag Kit 5, and has vehicles such as the M1151 and M1152.

2. Features and Variants

Like any A3 modification, this features most things you would expect which take advantage of the new engine features, including:

• Phys-x Compatibility
  • PIP Mirrors
  • Proper Animations for Gunner and Driver
  • A3 Lighting

This modification includes both Desert and Woodland variants, although not every model is availible in both camouflage schemes.

Desert

• M1151 - M2HB
  • M1151 - Mk. 19 GMG
  • M1151 - M2HB Deployment
  • M1167 TOW Up Armor
  • M1152 Extended Cargo Vehicle
  • M1165 Based Ground Mobility Vehicle (SOV)

Woodland

• M1151 - M2HB
  • M1151 - Mk. 19 GMG
  • M1167 TOW Up Armor
  • M1152 Extended Cargo Vehicle
  • M1151 Unarmed

Credits

I would like to thank Stiltman on the forums who offered me full access to his amazing USMC 2004 HMMWV pack, for which many of the assets used on this pack come from. He also provided me excellent assistance in doing the Config for the M134 equipped GMV.

I would like to thank Aplion for his Model.CFG for which this is based off of, and his Phy-X config which works flawlessly.

Bohemia Interactive, for the amazing base models for which these vehicles are based upon.

Known Issues

• Speedometer not working

Changelog

v0.5 - Release

v0.6 - Fixed many graphical errors, texture missing popup errors.

v0.7 - Fixes config conflict issue, M134 Aiming.

v0.8 - Fixed Range LODs, Geometry, Window Issues, TFAR Support Added

v0.81 - Signage Fixed

v0.9 - TFAR should work correctly now. Green Tracer ammo added. Improved armor.

v1.0 - Zero Added, Red Tracers

Screenshots

M1151:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-05-21%2015-43-35-67.png (2035 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-05-21%2015-47-58-34.png (2014 kB)

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/sazleq/arma32014-05-2215-55-45-54.png (792 kB)

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/sazleq/arma32014-05-2215-56-01-99.png (695 kB)

Woodland:

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/sazleq/arma32014-05-2412-00-28-37.png (906 kB)

Desert:

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/sazleq/arma32014-05-2411-59-55-11.png (830 kB)

GMV (M134)

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/sazleq/arma32014-05-2318-46-27-94.png (909 kB)

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad204/sazleq/arma32014-05-2318-46-12-88.png (742 kB)

Thank you for your interest, and I hope you enjoy it!

Addon Links

Mega CO NZ:

https://mega.co.nz/#!UMwmBJQB!WV2Y8dm6cosCHWA5R1CgnVUJn5QtqxYBwEYQsPvPojw

Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25754

Six:

Richards

Edited by RichardsD
Update

Congrats on the release, man. Downloading.

Seems the TOW woodland has the same texture on the turret as the desert version. Would be nice if that was woodland too. Otherwise a very nice pack.

ho-ly shi-et... a GMV with a M134, I'm speechless, this is so awesome

Wow. I've been following your wip thread from day one--which was like three days ago...! I can't believe that you've reached a finished state already, very impressive and I can't wait to start using these!! These combined with your other heavy trucks you released will provide lots of awesome mission making opportunities. Thanks for your hard work and time.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Hey Richards, I can´t find your armoured HMMWVs on Editor, neither spawn them with MCC nor VVS... could they be conflicting with HAFM HMMWVs or Suddens or GranQ´s???? I can see and spawn your MTVR trucks thou...

[edit] OK, apparently, some of the other ported HMMWVs mods are (or is) conflicting with yours, Richards... gotta find out which one =/ (when I´ve loaded ArmA3 with minimun addons, your DAR HMMWVs class was available for spawn in Editor and MCC... I bet it is HAFM HMMWV pack - as you´ve used his CFG as base =/

[edit 2] BINGO! HAFM (aplion´s) US HMMWVs were conflicting and disabling your addon, Richards, just a headsup! (Gliptal, if you want to add to your conflict list: HAFM US HMMWV conflicts with DAR HMMWVs - the presence of one disables the other)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Hmm..

They should be under empty - DAR HMMWV

or BLUF - DAR HMMWV

Wheels won´t spin if ACRE is activated, that´s an old bug reported with HAFM HMMWVs (nobody has a clue why thou...), otherwise they´re fine...

Speaking of HAFM HMMWVs, if they´re activated, Richards up Armoured HMMWVs are automatic disabled, you can´t have both activated at the same time (config conflicts)

cheers!

oh fascinating. That makes little sense to me, they are completely differently configed.. I will look into that..

Negative acre and removed the error persists

---------- Post added at 18:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

must talk to granQ

when using the hellenic armed forces mod these end up in the hellas faction for some reason

Hey Richard! Once again you have made yet another excellent mod! It's already a must have for my Cavalry division, But one thing we was all noticing after trying them the distant models are not showing up very well, It's almost about 20 feet and then certain parts like the bumpers and others disappear which Is a little akward, If you could up the view distance on the LOD model that would be awesome.

Once again, Great mod!

Thank you very much for the headsup about the updated version :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Yes, I've spoken with Stiltman and he showed me the error in the config. It is a conflict, it is now fixed and I'm just making some tweaks to the penetration before I upload the patch.

Cheers

you are the man

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

we could dream with stryker in the next mod?

... LOL.

Jesus man.. you actually.. well.. needless to say I have already planned a proper Stryker mod. But before that.. I want to do a M3 CFV mod. We shall see ;)