poweruser

PowerServer & OFPMonitor: Multiplayer without Gamespy

Why don't you try hosting on a different computer and different internet connection to isolate the problem

I hope this is only temporary. 😱

OFP Monitor is what kept MP play going for so long.

Maybe Rozek can help with a new Master Server?

I see that master.ofpisnotdead.com is responding, so probably crisis averted.

2UdFGlx.png

However, in case of emergency @mcslavko of [PR] Polish Resistance, had set up a second Master Server at 185.102.190.8

It is hosted on the same server as PR game server, so it should run 24/7.

If you're a game server admin and want your server to report to [PR] Master Server, change following value in your server.cfg

reportingIP="185.102.190.8";

If you're player and want to see servers reporting to [PR] Master Server, open OFP Monitor settings dialog, go to Master servers tab, and click "Add new server domain" (top button). Type 185.102.190.8 and click "OK". After closing settings window press [F5] on keyboard - after few seconds you should see servers reporting to [PR] Master Server, and any other Master Server you have in OFP Monitor list.

@poweruser if you see this, you can update your master server list on GitHub.

• Like 2

On 10/15/2020 at 5:43 PM, zulu1 said:

Maybe Rozek can help with a new Master Server?

Zulu we miss you...back to game. Download fwatch faguss made a great job and you can download many things just with mods menu

On 10/15/2020 at 10:43 PM, zulu1 said:

Server crashed and did not restarted. Feel free to ping me directly when it happens again. I got email from LP to inform me about the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

ℹ️PowerServer 1.3.0 was released at https://github.com/simi/PowerServer/releases/tag/1.3.0.

- now it can dump all active servers to text file

- for master.ofpisnotdead.com, this file is exposed at https://master.ofpisnotdead.com/servers.txt and updated each 5 minutes

- that means no more GameSpy protocol to get serverlist

I'll work on more enhancements soon. Stay tuned!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I recently created a server based on: ColdWarAssault_Server.exe the config file is set up correctly as it seems to me. TCP / UDP ports open: 2302 - 2306 I raised the server for Arma 2, everything worked for me and the players saw my server, but the time came and I decided to move to Arma: Cold War Assault. Can you please give concise instructions on how to add my server to the OFP Monitor list. Or you need to use a different kernel to create the server beside: ColdWarAssault_Server.exe
P.S sorry for my eglish. There is so much discussion on the forum that I didn't understand much.

Edited by HCoder

@HCoder as mentioned in first post of this thread, you need to add

reportingIP="master.ofpisnotdead.com";

to your server config file (that one where you put server name, password, ...).

If you'll have problems, feel free to join https://discord.gg/agh3nnce, I'm in there with another OFP players and we can help you in there.

o well i got problem i dont know how to port foward since im beginner of Server hosting i wanna know how to port foward so i can host a server in reportingIP="master.ofpisnotdead.com"

Hi,

There was a good tutorial on the web, but it's gone I guess. You'll need to be able to log into your router via a browser.

Link  Check this site it seems to cover the basics. You basicly need to open some TCP and UDP ports that the game uses to communicate through.

I've set up a temporary back up, until retro gets around to check what's wrong.

Update: Main server is back up. Shutting down the backup

• Like 1

@poweruser sadly I was on holidays when the problem occurred. Feel free to ping me if you would like to get access as well to the server.

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions that are probably idiotic to the majority of you, but I am stuck, and I need someone to lend me a hand.

Recently I've been trying to set up a server Arma CWC (steam version), for me and a few friends, but to no avail.

So the questions are:

•  To use the master server, do I need to have my ports forwarded?
  • Where do I find the server files? (In root folder of the game I found dedicated server but server.cfg is empty)
  • Can I get an invitation to someone's discord who could lend me a hand, since I have no idea what I am doing.

Sorry for wasting your time here.