poweruser

PowerServer & OFPMonitor: Multiplayer without Gamespy

Hey poweruser . i see u doing very good job buti cant connect to server i dont uderstand why i live in azerbaijan maybe u didnt put acces to my country pls can u fix it?

You need to be a bit more specific about what exactly is not working. To what server are you trying to connect and with/through what program? Provide a screenshot, if you have trouble explaining it.

maybe u didnt put acces to my country

That should not be the problem, unless your Internet service provider and/or government is restricting certain types of internet connections

You need to be a bit more specific about what exactly is not working. To what server are you trying to connect and with/through what program? Provide a screenshot, if you have trouble explaining it.

That should not be the problem, unless your Internet service provider and/or government is restricting certain types of internet connections

Roger

Coming in few sec

---------- Post added at 12:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 ----------

first when i press multiplayer it will open slow like when u dont have a network connection. then i dont see any server but i still see the gamespy at the corner. i use original ofp 1.96(with no mods or anything)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRr2WERDagM&feature=youtu.be

.i still dont understand what is the problem. Edited by Prototype1479

Your game does not find any servers, because GameSpy has shutdown. GameSpy was the service that served the server addresses to the game.

The problem you are showing here is the very reason for my work and this topic.

Download my program OFPMonitor: https://github.com/Poweruser/OFPMonitor/releases

You can either use it to connect to the game servers. Or enable these settings:

AutomationAndInGameBrowser.png

and your ingame browser will work again. (OFPMonitor has to be running at the same time as the game)

i know gamespy shut down but how about that guy showed on the screenshot. it says gamespy on the corner and servers are enabled.

(oh btw thanks for the ofp monitor option)

Horus had changed the master server address inside the game's exe file. OFPMonitor instead does not change the exe file, but writes into the game's process memory

Another option would be to edit the Windows hosts file to redirect Gamespy to Powerserver.

It's a working option but it's not recommended if you play other games based on GameSpy like Battlefield 2 which the community's solution is just based on the Windows host file. It would make an enormous mess in these games.

Horus had changed the master server address inside the game's exe file. OFPMonitor instead does not change the exe file, but writes into the game's process memory

No I just edit host file.

213.92.154.12 master.gamespy.com

@Poweruser

Is there any chance in the future to PowerServer support ArmA 1 and/or A2:CO?

Maybe, but I won't do it all by myself. I'd prefer a bit of assistance/help there or at least someone providing a full documentation about the used GameSpy protocols.

I'm a bit tired of having to analyze network traffic in order to find the details of the protocol that I require. And with the master servers gone, it has become quite difficult as I can't get any example replies from them anymore.

Also I don't play enough ArmA1/2, if at all, to be motivated enough for this task.

So don't expect me to work towards that, like I did in the last 3 months for OFP.

This guy rocks. I owe quite some tribute to him as I'm using some of his GameSpy related work in my two programs here

Giuys what you think its a chance that BI will update CWA on steam so CWA will use master server(s) IP from Poweruser?

How to contact BI and ask them about that?

P.S. Sorry for my very bad english ;)

so CWA will use master server(s) IP

Hardcoding any IP address is not a reliable method (as the example of GameSpy shows). Anyway, there's abundance of solutions:

Hardcoding any IP address is not a reliable method (as the example of GameSpy shows). Anyway, there's abundance of solutions:

And you think all CWA steam users know where find this?

No they just simply run CWA and when Multiplayer option not working, they exit from CWA...

The master server at operationflashpoint.be is currently offline (not just the master server, but the whole host), you may use the other one in the mean time. I don't know what the situation there is, I've sent an email but didn't get a reply yet.

Edit: Got a reply. It's planned to continue the service, but may take a little time until the server comes back online

Edited by Poweruser

The remaining master server hosted by PFC is currently offline too.

I haven't received any notice from Rozek, so I guess this downtime was not planned or could not have been forseen.

Edit: Everything's back up

Edited by Poweruser

Edit: It is back online

PFC's master server seems to be not reachable at the moment.

I've set up temporary master server at poweruser.no-ip.org which you may use to get the ingame serverlist to work again.

In OFPMonitor you've got to change a little setting for that:

tempMasterServer.png

Edited by Poweruser

Yes it does work with mods (or rather: mod folders), though I am not sure what you specifically mean with "this".

The master server application (PowerServer) is merely managing server addresses, it does not care what mods the servers are running.

And OFPMonitor let's you create start-up/mod configurations for your selected games (each one got its own) in the lower part of the settings tab "Mod configurations" (Main menu -> Settings -> Mod configurations).

These startup configurations are then selectable when starting a local game (Main menu -> Local game), or when joining a server (Right click on a server in the list -> Join)

Edited by Poweruser
fixed typo

This server requires several things:

1. Game version 1.99 (Arma:Cold War Assault)

2. you have to start your game with the same modfolder as the server: @xrofp Download link (The setting "equal Mods required" is enabled on this server)

3. You need to join in time when everyone is waiting/setting up the teams. During a game this server is usually locked

a) to prevent lag, caused by the players that connect during the game

b) a few of the crCTI mission scripts do not work correctly anymore when players are in the lobby/not in game (specifically the town group spawn scripts fail then)

Edited by Poweruser