Greetings!

It has come time to for us to reveal our upcoming project, Tiberian Era for Arma III.

Our mod project is heavily influenced by Command & Conquer universe, especially the firts 3 games, Command & Conquer - Red Alert, Command & Conquer - Tiberian Dawn and Command & Conquer - Tiberian Sun,which we love so much and our work is our tribute to the huge and vivid universe C&C games have.

Gameplay wise we have planned RTS/Warfare styled gamemode and with the new Arma Zeus DLC we might take a shot at integrating Zeus with our content. We are making a new real life based map with carefully selected 20x20 kilometers of interesting and lore friendly terrain. We've chosen to set up the map so that it has elements from various C&C settings as our goal is to produce units, vehicles and structures with wide perspective on the timeline from Tiberian Dawn to post Tiberian Sun era. Also a single player campaign has been discussed about and we have some quite thrilling ideas on that too.

We do not aim to reproduce every unit or building as they are in the original games as certain units are somewhat flawed in a "semi realistic" environment we want to bring to you. We try to interpret the RTS elements to a very different environment with totally different aspects to balance out gameplay vise and thusly there will be differences in unit functions and some are probably cut out entirely.

Also we want to expand the arsenal with fitting real world units, but thats all in due time after the C&C units are done.

We began the project with Arma 2, but soon after A3 was announced we made the decision to finish the mod on the new updated platform as it provided an upgraded engine to work with and now that the tools are finally out, we've begun to port our assets to A3.

There is still huge amount of stuff to do, but here are some teasers to get you in the right mood!

(Note that most of our screens and videos are taken on Arma 2)

MODDB PAGE

Our ModDB page is finally up and running, hopefully we have more to show you soon and if not soon then in at least in the near future.

Progress can be followed here or there, which ever way you prefer.

Also keep in mind that what you see is still in a very rough state and needs a lot of adjusting. All due time.

We'll keep you posted!

Thanks for NodUnit for correcting me :D

Edited by HorribleGoat
ModDB IS Open

*snorts and corrects glasses* Eeeeyuh actually the first two games excluding expansions were Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert hyeh hyeh.

In all seriousness though I really like the take on the mammoth tank although the smoke launchers on the sides of the cannons look a bit large considering the size of the mammoth tank, at that they'd be about as wide as a persons head if not more. Snazzy recon bike and Wolverine, very nice attention to detail.

Needs a logo on the side...the Brotherhood is not afraid to show itself, fighting for peace and freedom for all..unlike those GDI rats who hide in the dark, commit atrocities and then say "it wasn't us".

Edited by NodUnit

That mammoth tank looks amazing! Good luck with making this!

Thanks guys! And NodUnit you got me there.. Indeed RA1 goes with the C&C Timeline no matter what some people say. I got that logo somewhere

Ahh here we go:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cjmay1ivkwphkzj/Motivation%20LOGO.avi

Added it to the folder. Thats all you need to get motivated to continue am I right!

This was the first victory on the path of Arma modding. :D Good times.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/55tykyp5yrjdr2g/Success_Part3.jpg

M1lkm8n: It's still very very very raw but im glad you like it. The technique has been test proven and it actually will work (it is not a tank btw). Just have to get my head over the animations and its gold.

We've a team of 3 C&C fans so this might take a while, but bare with us. Also we've got a MANW contest entry going on with our very own universe and content that we've been nurturing for some time.. So we balance our time between the 2 mods.

Most definately...well that and "Act on Instinct" or "We Will Stop Them".. instant motivation. I love a good show of propaganda (in games). Just remember to use the right logo to keep with the right theme :) GDI's logo in TD looks like this http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/133/2/c/cnc_td___gdi_logotype__vector_svg__by_diamond00744-d654y84.jpg and TS like this (the one you linked) http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/132/b/2/cnc_ts___gdi_logotype__vector_svg__by_diamond00744-d64zf2t.jpg

And here is a vector Nod Logo that you could use http://vector.gissen.nl/bhonod-large.png

I'd be happy to take care of your Nod apache..got a fair bit of work to do on the appropriate helo but I planned on making Nod skins for my apache's anyway.

So you can decide yay or nay http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/graphics/ah64al_arma2_o1.jpg

Awesome. Just, Awesome. I'm Speechless.

But seriously, if you need help with textures feel free to contact me. :D

I'd be happy to take care of your Nod apache..got a fair bit of work to do on the appropriate helo but I planned on making Nod skins for my apache's anyway.

So you can decide yay or nay http://mechmodels.com/mas/downloads/ah64v2/manual/graphics/ah64al_arma2_o1.jpg

Thanks NodUnit! I'll remember you if I never get to model the Apache! I've wanted to do one for a long time tough, so might be that I do one myself too as it happens to be one of my favourite attack helos! :D

Ahaha this is great, maybe when you get original series done you can do a generals expansion.

Glad you like it but Generals really went far off what we think to be canon Command & Conquer and thusly isn't in our list of reference.

Also added a couple lines to the first post to explain our perspective with to Arma + C&C equation. Some things will most definitely be different from the RTS.

Edited by HorribleGoat

Thanks NodUnit! I'll remember you if I never get to model the Apache! I've wanted to do one for a long time tough, so might be that I do one myself too as it happens to be one of my favourite attack helos! :D

Oh? In that case go for it, always better to gain some experience with your own work, and if you need it I'll be on side as an advisor and ready to share my resources with you.

Oh? In that case go for it, always better to gain some experience with your own work, and if you need it I'll be on side as an advisor and ready to share my resources with you.

Thanks, your Apache looks brilliant and has some pretty badass functionality but as you said we do want learn to do amazing things like that ourselves too. We are most grateful for your support!

MODDB PAGE

Our ModDB page is finally up and running, hopefully we have more to show you soon and if not soon then in at least in the near future.

Progress can be followed here or there, which ever way you prefer.

Good job, looking forward to it. ArmA 3 could benefit from Titans greatly :-D

Is this still happening?? I looks like it's stilling going through on that MOD DB page but theres still now videos of it in Arma 3!

It is! We have really been caught up with the MANW contest and had not much time to work with the Tiberian Era! The Mammoth and Orca are already ported to A3 although they need some tweaking.

After the contest we needed a little break to recover and also we all had an increase in our workload and have had much less time for modding. We're continuing with both mods though so don't worry! :D

It'd be really interesting to see Tiberian Sun units, especially. Besides the most advanced hardware, the battles in Tiberian Dawn were mostly fought between M113s and Bradelys (or at least something very similar, used as a light tank). :) Tiberian Sun, on the other hand, ran a whole gamut of interesting machines. How are you going to handle Nod drillers?

It'd be really interesting to see Tiberian Sun units, especially. Besides the most advanced hardware, the battles in Tiberian Dawn were mostly fought between M113s and Bradelys (or at least something very similar, used as a light tank). :) Tiberian Sun, on the other hand, ran a whole gamut of interesting machines. How are you going to handle Nod drillers?

We've discussed a couple of different approaches on how it would be done and have some solutions brewing. I think we do want to give the drill a touch of armalized-semi-realism as with all other units so that it will be in cohesion with the other units. It will be coming though.

And you're still looking to make this an RTS style too right?

There will be a post (maybe by vote) for a commander with overall situation control and main access to the base construction system, base defenses and other systems and of course command of AI units. (something like zeus perhaps)

Depending to the tech level the commander has to sit in the construction yard or the communications center on the command console or with increased tech level there will be mobile command vehicles and in the top end advanced commander combat armor with all required datalinks for the commander to operate anywhere on the battlefield.

Edited by HorribleGoat

I see, well hopefully all goes good! I was just hoping. To play alone and my be make some custom missions. You guys need to get together with the getTacticle mod! That would be a dream!

Im quite sure you get a chance to do that! We also have planned quite a long singleplayer/coop campaign spanning over the C&C timeline.

have you considered a more "open" development plan? So often I seen cool stuff but they never reach release.

I would be happy to just get the RTS interface and standard arma3 units as placeholders and then get a new unit once in a while. While enable other mission editors to improve on the RTS factor of the game.