Sign in to follow this  
laxemann

LOSounds2 - A Hyper Funny Sound Mod For ArmA3

This is the best mod that has ever surfaced the modding community, and I mean that with 100% jipper.

If you replace every single sound in the game with beatboxing, or mouth sounds, you have a total conversion. Go win all the moniessssssss from MANW! xD

I had the joy of discovering this on the "Make Arma Not War" entries page, so as not to have the lead-in spoiled by the title change in this thread. While I wouldn't seriously vote for you, you certainly made my morning. :)

Honesty is the best policy... except in the case of spoof/satire/parody... especially when the target of the satire is people who knee jerk against anything not positive enough towards their "team".

Just pressing play on the trailer and watching it unfold was what actually made it funny. (For me) it wouldn't have had the same effect had I discovered it through this thread. The first 30 seconds was *the setup*. Glad I got to see it as it was intended. Anyway... thanks for bringing some humor to my morning, and... good luck with your entry? :)

Glad I could make you giggle a bit, haha! :D

Oh, almost forgot, the mod still isn't released as you might have noticed, this is because I've been to lazy to set up the sounds for the new sound configs. Takes 10 mins but damn... I'll do it today... or tomorrow... argh :P

wow alot of people with no sense of humor here...

Personally i literally almost wet myself laughing when i watched the video. This is amazing.

I wont use it. Obviously, but as an exercise in novelty its brilliant. Obviously the hyper realism title is intended ironically, people need to lighten up.

Well done on a really funny idea executed well :)

This is sound mod is most excellent. Although if I were to make a suggestion on the improvement of sound quality, I would ask that there be at least an optional config to make the tank tread sound "Tankity-Tankity-Tankity-Tank"

As per: http://flanaess.yuku.com/topic/5952/An-Army-Joke#.U_RRmfmSxvA (I first saw the joke on an arrse thread, but alas, I can't find the link.)

I have to say I think this is possible the best sound mod ever!

I will definitely be downloading and using it on release!

LOL! Best Mod releasing ever! :cool:

I just can't believe this mod has become viral, plus a high-popular discussion thread :rofl:

Are ylu planning to include the arma 3 theme you made at the end of the video btw this made my day. Can't wait for this

Edited by Jelskipro

couldn't stop laughing

Since every good game/product needs a leak before it's released nowadays, we decided to leak some stuff of LOSounds2 aswell.

So, here we go, you can download a totally non-official leak here.

It seems to be a part of the hyper-realistic environment recording since you can clearly hear a bird.

Bringing Altis' nature back to life!

Am I the only one thinking of a fun aliens mod to go with this? Arma needs more lazers and pew pew.

Holy sh*t we actually made it into the promoted stuff without doing anything... now I actually have to up...

... I mean,

dear supporters, thank you for your support and believing in us - just as much as we believe in ourselves.

To clear some things up:

• I said "we'll never reach the 100 votes anyway" so now I actually have to put that stuff up, dayum

• The "voice" actor is JeremiahRose (former Odium, therefore LAxemann Odium Sounds), a rather well-known ArmA guy in Germany.

He also is a long-known buddy, clan leader and douchebag of mine. Much love.

• We pretty much didn't do sh*t with the mod for around 2 or 3 months and now, two weeks before the closing date, some stuff doesn't work anymore... which is weird, but you know, you get used to it.

As a consequence, we had to remove some stuff.

Here, however, is a list of the sounds that will make it into the "submission version":

-*** Handguns ***-

• MX + Variants

• Rahim

• GM6 Lynx

• Khaybar

• M200

• Mk20

• Zafir

• EBR

• SDAR

• Rook40

• M320

• ACPC2

• P07

• Some launchers

-*** Vehicle Weapons ***-

• 120mm Cannon

• Gau8 (Wipeout Jet)... now renamed to "thunderfart" for higher reasons

• HMG

• DAR rockets

-*** Explosions ***-

Yes, there are some explosions, too

-*** Weapon Systems ***-

• Mortar

-*** Helicopters ***-

!!!!!HELICOPTERS ARE DISABLED FOR NOW!!!!

• MH-9 "Hummingbird"

• AH-9 "Pawnee"

-*** Jets ***-

• A10 (A164 Wipeout)

-*** Wheeled ***-

• Hunter

• Marshall

-*** Tracked ***-

• Slammer

• Kuma

• Varsuk

-*** Environment Sounds ***-

• Custom Beach Sounds

• Custom Sea Sounds

• Custom environmental sounds in general

• Custom random Samples

-*** Character Sounds ***-

• Custom gear sounds

• Custom suit sounds

• Custom rebreather sounds

• Custom freefall sounds

• Custom footstep sounds

• Custom crawling sounds

• Custom "burning" sounds

• Basically, most of the character sounds have been reworked

-*** Misc ***-

• Sonic cracks

So, if you still believe in us and our quality, hyper realistic work, don't hesistate to check out our MANW Page.

A first public release will take place around the closing date of the contest. :)

Cheers,

LAxe

Thanks for your feedback, guys!

We've also composed our own music - A new interpretation of the ArmA3 main theme/menu theme.

The track will be heard in the main menu and we didn't spare any expense when it came to the huge orchestra that

played it for us.

The track can also be downloaded HERE

LAxe