Sign in to follow this  
laxemann

LOSounds2 - A Hyper Funny Sound Mod For ArmA3

*honest disappointment*

My very apologies to you then, there simply are (fortunately) so many kinds of humor out there, mine might be weird, but I didn't intend to disappoint anyone.

Since I feel a bit uncomfortable now due to the aggressive response, I'd like to say that I'm planing to polish the

and release

them as a JSRS-compatible replacement pack for the vanilla weapons, for the guys that liked the sounds out there.

But keep in mind that these sounds will be far more boring und less hyper-realistic than the LOSounds2 ;)

And as a side note, I'd like to point out that I love the term hyper realism when it comes to ArmA, Jarhead, Psycho and tpw did a very great job on their mods and obviously know what they are doing, but then reading posts of people that

want more and more "features" because they heard it in a video... acoustic simulation is an art for itself and unless someone would generate a system that dynamically generates the gun reverb based on the surroundings, humidity and thousands of other factors,

we'll never be able to recreate "hyper realism". So appreciate what these people did. :)

Wrong announcement?

You announced a "Hyper Realism Sound Mod" and stated that you "asked experienced shooters what each weapon, vehicle and even gear part should sound like and recreated it with an enormous focus on detail.".

A bit too late for Aprils fools.

Hey, that's no April's fool. Speaking for myself I can say that I experienced _lots_ (say hundreds) of very severe gun fights and fierce tank battles, and I can definitely confirm that they sounded exactly like in that video. Really.

Disclaimer: Well, that was in my childhood. Don't know how military sound scape has evolved since then.

Keep up the good work! You have my vote!

:rolleyes:

I love it! Humor is the best.

However, one problem. Western weapons typically sound more like "BANG BANG BANG!" instead of "PEW PEW PEW!" My experience with explosions has also been more of a "PSSSHHOOOOOWWWWWW."

ok, a joke. Please change title in "fun sound mod" or similar ;)

No, don't. That would really spoil the experience!

No, don't. That would really spoil the experience!

I agree completely. Keep it.

....Jarhead, Psycho and tpw did a very great job on their mods and obviously know what they are doing, but then reading posts of people that

want more and more "features" because they heard it in a video... acoustic simulation is an art for itself and unless someone would generate a system that dynamically generates the gun reverb based on the surroundings, humidity and thousands of other factors,

we'll never be able to recreate "hyper realism". So appreciate what these people did. :)

Finally someone gets "it". Hallelujah! It gets tiresome pouring so much love into such projects, just to have a bunch of kiddies make endless "which is more real?" videos and threads, or when you publish your work someone comes along and pisses on it and says "dis sucks, do better. pew-pew's shuld sound liek dis!" and posts a low quality pixelated war video, lol. Me and LJ lost count how many times we've face-palmed at such posts. Unfortunately some people out there will never get "it" and grasp that our projects are our own artistic interpretation, and insist on forcing a competition between us all. Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition in life, mind you, but for the most part it drags us into something we never wanted and kind of wears down on you and the spirit of "community". We do what we do, because we love it. :yay:

Don't let the old fogey grumps get you guys down. People complained about our JSRS trailers too. :j:

Besides, we over at JSRS got a kick out of the updated trailer. Sometimes you have to take the piss and have a bit of playful fun for laughs. :p

Not my cup of tea, but it seems you have some fans and I'm all for it.

But you should really change the title, as it could be seen as a violation of forum rules.

§21) Use descriptive thread titles

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first.

But you should really change the title, as it could be seen as a violation of forum rules.

If you start a new thread, please make sure your thread title explains what you want without forcing people to read through your post first.

Now come on. We should not need to practice law to have fun in a forum for a video game. Nothing serious happening here. Noone is getting hurt. I hope...

Agree. Thread title slightly changed.

No need to be so uptight people, lighten up.

I found it funny.

Good idea sir you could add more bang,bang and kabummm.

Now talking seriously one aspect that i really want into your mod is fidelity

1Loud vehicles if you stay 500 meters away from a helicopter you can hear it loud and clear the same for jets so if you are 100 meters maybe you can't hear a gun shoot .

2 largest caliber louder weapon and the same for the barrel if you have a short barrel a faster sound but a longer barrel you make some echo .

3 Sonic cracks if a bullet flies 10 cm away from your head you will shit yourself so we need the crack.

4 Make me feel fear if a hear a Zafir shooting i want to be scarred if its not on my side so a louder sound for make me fear if i hear a tank shooting 300 meters away i still wanting fear and a louder sound.

So to me and for your team you should try to make the sounds louder and make the player feel the fear and craziness of the war if a shoot close your ear you won't hear a nothing .

Always remember LOUD LOUD AND LOUD.

Have a great day.

What I really want to hear now is tank column driving next to the player. *brumm brumm*³

If this doesn't become a recommended mod by the devs, I don't know what will.

Just one problem though. There's not enough bang bang, boom, kaploosh, etc. How do we get more?

Thanks for the kind words, guys, especially to Yokhanan, been an honor. ;)

As for the current status:

We're getting really close to a first Alpha (Which simply means that there still will be parts of the game that aren't hyper-realisticalized) and in order to simulate the current game market in a hyper realistic way, just started working on a first DLC which will really make you want to reload your weapon.

Stay tuned!

The important question is:

Will this work with L_ES? I know from my own experience that the sound of a person standing in a valley shouting "POW" is completely different from what the same person sounds like when shouting over a flat plane or against a wall and it's really important for immersion imho.

The important question is:

Will this work with L_ES? I know from my own experience that the sound of a person standing in a valley shouting "POW" is completely different from what the same person sounds like when shouting over a flat plane or against a wall and it's really important for immersion imho.

I appreciate the question. We might or might not create an own version of ES for our hyper realism soundmod. But we're really having trouble to gather sounds that are hyper realistic enough for LOSounds2. Stay tuned!

I cannot believe some of the whiny ass boowhoo comments posted in this thread... The title was great, the video is great... The Sounds, were fucking SWEET!!

Anyone that was seriously offended, disappointed, or what have you... have NO sense of humor, and should just rid the world of there bad attitude... Please just shoot yourselves in the head and save the rest of the oxygen for people that enjoy life... and enjoy a good joke!! Please just go away!!

Lex, I got the joke from day one. and it was a very welcome joke!!!! Ignore the haters, Let them drink their hateraid... Because i pissed in it.... Drink up!!!!

I cannot believe some of the whiny ass boowhoo comments posted in this thread... The title was great, the video is great... The Sounds, were fucking SWEET!!

Anyone that was seriously offended, disappointed, or what have you... have NO sense of humor, and should just rid the world of there bad attitude... Please just shoot yourselves in the head and save the rest of the oxygen for people that enjoy life... and enjoy a good joke!! Please just go away!!

Lex, I got the joke from day one. and it was a very welcome joke!!!! Ignore the haters, Let them drink their hateraid... Because i pissed in it.... Drink up!!!!

Sense of humour is something very personal and differs. What is funny for you might not be funny for me and vice versa. And after the thread title change, the comments where absolutely positive which proves that people actually do have a great sense of humour.

Changing the thread title was necessary since most people do not appreciate to be mislead. The rest of your "comment" like the "shoot yourself" isn't even close to be funny.

§1) No Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry

Abusive, racist, sexist, homophobic comments (or any other type of bigotry), personal attacks and name calling are not allowed either on the forum or through Private Messages. If you receive a Private Message that is abusive or you find offensive please forward it to a moderator who will investigate.

Flame-baiting is also not tolerated; flame-baiting is making a post to someone that is obviously intended to elicit an angry response. Mocking/teasing/ridiculing someone or the point someone wants to make is also flamebaiting. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles, messages posted in social groups, as well as quoting someone against their wishes in your signature to belittle/tease/mock them. If someone asks you to remove something they posted on the forum from your signature you must remove it. Common sense tells you that posting someone's Private Messages without permission is also flamebaiting and will be punished.