Sign in to follow this  
Fr33d0m

TMN Defense Budget System

New Update is here! V2.0!! Lots to see in this one, including an awesome new GUI! I put a lot of time into this and I hope you enjoy the new interface and features!

See OP for new link and new information!

Still more to come!

Link updated, minor bug fixes (mainly typos, it's not a very buggy script)

Ive finally had a chance to implement this into my mission, friggn awesome bro! thanks for a very user friendly script! really looking forward to updates.

Ive finally had a chance to implement this into my mission, friggn awesome bro! thanks for a very user friendly script! really looking forward to updates.

Thanks man! I'm glad you like it! I most certainly plan to keep the quality work coming!

Really great work! I love this script.

Do you have plans to implement a recruitment market?

Until then i'm using a simple reinforcement script, I'd rather pay money from my defense budget to gain AI.

BTW, using the method:

BSandbag= 150;

//Sandbag

_banker addAction ["Buy Sandbags- $150.00",

{_prat = rating player; if ((B_defensebudget< BSandbag) OR (_prat< B_Mlimit)) then {hint format ["You do not have sufficient rating (Min Rating %1) or money (Costs $%2) to do this.", B_Mlimit, BSandbag]} else {_MATV= " Land_BagFence_Long_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "itemspawn"); B_defensebudget= (B_defensebudget-BSandbag); publicVariable "B_defensebudget"; B_totalcost= (B_totalcost+BSandbag); publicVariable "B_totalcost"; hint format ["You have purchased a Sandbag Set for $%1", BSandbag];}}];

Does not work with adding new items to the script. Your format is different, probably because of the new update.

I have lots of things I would like to add, but cannot use your previously described method.

Edited by Blackbeard06

After attempting to add another item to the market, in this case a offroad, I failed at doing so. This is what I did.

The end result is purchasing a DAR_M1151 for $70k instead of my $32k offroad. Theoretically it should have worked. What am I missing?

here is a pastebin of the entire file:

http://pastebin.com/6YTE7ZRr

//Cars and Trucks

HunterUnarmed= 470000;

HunterHMG= 500000;

HunterGMG= 520000;

HEMTTcov= 125000;

HEMTTopn= 90000;

BATV= 7500;

COffRoad= 32000; ------------------------Added at end of list

// Handle Wheeled Vehicles

case 17: { ------------------------Added case 17 at end of list

_prat = rating player;

if ((B_defensebudget< COffRoad) OR (_prat < B_Mlimit)) then {hint format ["You do not have sufficient rating (Min Rating %1) or money (Costs $%2) to do this.", B_Mlimit, COffRoad]}

else

{_MATV= "C_Offroad_01_F" createVehicle (getMarkerPos "vehspawn");

_MATV setVehicleLock "UNLOCKED";

B_defensebudget= (B_defensebudget-COffRoad);

publicVariable "B_defensebudget";

B_totalcost= (B_totalcost+COffRoad);

publicVariable "B_totalcost";

hint format ["You have purchased an Civilian Offroad for $%1", COffRoad];

[] call doBudget; [] call DoTotal;

};

};

//Add Wheeled Vehicles to Main List

_index7 = lbAdd [1500, "Civilian Offroad - $32,000.00"]; ------------------------Added _index7, after BATV, I made sure to rename every index afterwards in order to prevent doubles.

After attempting to add another item to the market, in this case a offroad, I failed at doing so. This is what I did.

The end result is purchasing a DAR_M1151 for $70k instead of my $32k offroad. Theoretically it should have worked. What am I missing?

here is a pastebin of the entire file:

http://pastebin.com/6YTE7ZRr

Apologies for late reply here! Just finished relocating, RL gets in the way sometimes :-)

So, thanks for posting the pastebin, that way very helpful in troubleshooting.

You did everything right but the case logic order. Each case number directly correlates by order added with the index number, starting with 0. so even tho u added:

_index7 = lbAdd [1500, "Civilian Offroad - $32,000.00"];

TMN_fnc_wheeled still has case 7: as HMMWV for 70k.

since you added the correct CASE code at the bottom of the TMN_fnc_wheeled block, just move the Coffroad to the bottom of the DoAddWheel list.

Example:

251.if (DAR_HMMWV_Support_Enabled == 1) then {

252._index8 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1151 - $70,000.00"];

253._index9 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1151 Deploy - $72,000.00"];

254._index10 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1151 Woodland - $72,000.00"];

255._index11= lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1115 MK19 - $81,000.00"];

256._index12= lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1115 MK19 Woodland - $81,000.00"];

257._index13 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1151 Woodland UA - $79,000.00"];

258._index14 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1152 - $64,000.00"];

259._index15 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1152 Woodland - $66,000.00"];

260._index16 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1165 GMV - $77,000.00"];

261._index17 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1167 - $83,000.00"];

262._index18 = lbAdd [1500, "HMMWV M1167 Woodland - $83,000.00"];

263.};

(((right here is where you should add it)))

264. };

Hope this helps!

-Fr33d0m

---------- Post added at 03:58 ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 ----------

Really great work! I love this script.

Do you have plans to implement a recruitment market?

Until then i'm using a simple reinforcement script, I'd rather pay money from my defense budget to gain AI.

BTW, using the method:

Does not work with adding new items to the script. Your format is different, probably because of the new update.

I have lots of things I would like to add, but cannot use your previously described method.

Great idea. Recruitment support will appear in a future version based on this post right here. Thanks!!

Could this somehow work with support modules, i dont need for purchasing equipment/units as such, but lets say there are prices for support modules and when your budget meets the cost the module becomes available? i was think maybe something in the "Condition of presence" field of the module?

great script was exactly what i was looking for. have a couple questions about functionality.

mainly how much effort would it be to add infantry ai spawning to the script would love to replace the basic recruiting scripts with something that has substance like this. also any way to setup differnt spawns like multiple bases with spawns for the same faction?

once again great script something like this was much needed

i see inf spawning was already planned dont know how i missed that when i read the thread.... anyways my bad. did have another question about. buying uavs can add them but they spawn as "empty" so you cant connect to them with normal uav terminal. any ideas how to force them to spawn for a side rather than empty

Edited by Kniker

got the uavs sorted also in the process figured how to add ai units that spawn into high command via this awsome script when i get my economy.sqf finished i can send it to you. im still very much a scripting noob so if there is a better way....

Hi, I look forward to using your script, but during the testing missions I found a few issues.

1. I get a error about _Bdisplay in the B_economy script. Saying it cannot be sterilized.

2. the videos on the purchase panel do not show up properly.

3. Most of the buttons and text on the UI are not sized properly.

Hi, I look forward to using your script, but during the testing missions I found a few issues.

1. I get a error about _Bdisplay in the B_economy script. Saying it cannot be sterilized.

2. the videos on the purchase panel do not show up properly.

3. Most of the buttons and text on the UI are not sized properly.

I get the same issue, I orginally tired adding

disableSerialization;

In the very first line of the "B_economy.sqf" which gets rid of the error to begin with but when you purchase something you get the error again.

I have also been wondering when people first spawn in and click "new load-out" it says your rating is too low no matter who you are. I've looked through the scripts to raise the rating but I can't see where, is anyone able to guide me?

I'm still very new to scripting too so sorry for my ignorance if I've over looked something.

Sorry for the double post, but I'm wondering if and how i could incorporate a money loss if civilians are killed?

I'm working on a PMC mission where if civs are killed I want a value to come off the overall budget to compensate the victims family.

I'm also using Xeno's vehicle script, is there a way I can charge for usage ?

Edited by Boydee