Sign in to follow this  
slatts

SCAR rifles ported from Arma 2

On 2/17/2021 at 10:36 PM, slatts said:

how to add the vanilla ATGM on the A2 model? By O2 with proxy or with config file? thanks!

On 2/19/2021 at 9:13 AM, SpoksLV said:

Magazines wells please! Using different mags are so cool! Especially for 5.56...

That's the plan! ATM you can use the drum mags from the SPAR rifles on non GL mk16's. I'm looking into how to get it to work with different mods. 

On 2/19/2021 at 8:38 PM, zukov said:

how to add the vanilla ATGM on the A2 model? By O2 with proxy or with config file? thanks!

With a proxy in O2. It works the same as vanilla Prowlers but the only downside is proxies cannot be animated. So the missile does not disappear etc.  

• Like 2

Still chipping away. Most of the work has been setting up inventory icons and fixing magazine placements on the Mk17 to make it compatible with community mags. And throwing in a few ArmaVerse logos here and there 🙂 

4E68A51ABFF1E6A8D52C4071A510ED685AFECE43

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The "big" (not really) issue is that the addon is apparently reliant on CBA Joint Rails and Joint Mags, but neither Steam config, nor addon itself (CfgPatches) seems to have that requirement set. I loaded it without CBA, and when equipping in Virtual Arsenal, I got an error about missing CBA magwell (weapon still fired though), and couldn't equip any scope/accessories.

As for the not important things - I love the "Armaverse logo" from the Mk20/ADR (whatever it even says, I think it's "BIS"?). However on BI textures it is "engraved", while on yours it's embossed - stands out a bit. Also, changing the name on receiver from Ex16 to Mk16 would also be a nice touch.

Otherwise, I love the "lore-friendly" and "lightweight" solution for SCAR in A3!

Edit: just to be clear, with CBA it all works as intended.

Edit 2: two other issues.

1. The magazine proxy on Mk16 is way too high - you can see the mag in ejection port, that would introduce a lot of problems in terms of proper feeding and ejection! :D

2. With bolt locked to the rear I can see through the charging handle slot to the other side of the gun.

Also, it's not really your fault, but with the added logo, and camo paint, it's obvious that BI reused Mk16 texture for Mk17 - the stretching of the texture is clearly visible on mag well, and near the charging handle slot (one can see the "shadow" of the slot on the texture is not matching the actual slot on the model) - blame BI!

Edited by krzychuzokecia
  • Like 1

this weapons fit perfectly with vanilla game , good work!

Thanks for everything so far folks. 

The "big" (not really) issue is that the addon is apparently reliant on CBA Joint Rails and Joint Mags, but neither Steam config, nor addon itself (CfgPatches) seems to have that requirement set. I loaded it without CBA, and when equipping in Virtual Arsenal, I got an error about missing CBA magwell (weapon still fired though), and couldn't equip any scope/accessories.

Whoops, I'll get on that! 

As for the not important things - I love the "Armaverse logo" from the Mk20/ADR (whatever it even says, I think it's "BIS"?). However on BI textures it is "engraved", while on yours it's embossed - stands out a bit. Also, changing the name on receiver from Ex16 to Mk16 would also be a nice touch.

I'll look into it, I lifted the normal map and texture data from the Mk20 so it should be the same 

1. The magazine proxy on Mk16 is way too high - you can see the mag in ejection port, that would introduce a lot of problems in terms of proper feeding and ejection! :D

2. With bolt locked to the rear I can see through the charging handle slot to the other side of the gun.

Added to the list! 

it's obvious that BI reused Mk16 texture for Mk17 - the stretching of the texture is clearly visible on mag well

It's better than what it was believe me, I've been adjusting it on and off for the last while. 

• Like 1

G'day @slatts,

The Mk16s and 17s are looking great. Are you intending in adding a standard length barrel Mk17 to the mod?

Keep up the great work.

On 4/10/2021 at 10:49 PM, slatts said:

It's better than what it was believe me

Oh, I believe you - IIRC the original one was so bad that the hex screws were egg-shaped, instead of round. To be honest: last year I was thinking about porting the Mk17 myself (as a free replacement of the Marksmen DLC Mk-1/SIG), but when I saw how bad it was, I decided I'm not up to this task. So I'm very happy someone took this challenge! :D

I really like this mod. 

The concept is nice, small and compact. It plays well with existing assets and slots right into the Arma3 metaverse. It looks, performs and shoots good too!  The FIA retextured variants are particularly beautiful. 

Because I snuck a peek into the backend I did notice two small things:
1. It seems like the SCAR mechanical rate of fire should be slightly lower.  Most sources list it at 550-650. The version on steam workshop has a reloadTime of 0.07  ~ 857RPM  Where it should be closer to 0.092   (adding or subtracting whatever makes it feel nice). 
2. EGLM variant rifles do not have reduced handling characteristics through Inertia and dexterity settings

I really like this mod concept and hope to see more of it in the future! Particularly some drop-in Machine guns or other support weapons would be a god send  for light-weight joint ops.

5/5

-k 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, nkenny said:

I really like this mod. 

The concept is nice, small and compact. It plays well with existing assets and slots right into the Arma3 metaverse. It looks, performs and shoots good too!  The FIA retextured variants are particularly beautiful. 

Because I snuck a peek into the backend I did notice two small things:
1. It seems like the SCAR mechanical rate of fire should be slightly lower.  Most sources list it at 550-650. The version on steam workshop has a reloadTime of 0.07  ~ 857RPM  Where it should be closer to 0.092   (adding or subtracting whatever makes it feel nice). 
2. EGLM variant rifles do not have reduced handling characteristics through Inertia and dexterity settings

I really like this mod concept and hope to see more of it in the future! Particularly some drop-in Machine guns or other support weapons would be a god send  for light-weight joint ops.

5/5

-k 

Awesome feedback, thank you so much! 

TBH I like more the FIA2 camo than other