Sign in to follow this  
slatts

SCAR rifles ported from Arma 2

Hey guys, over the next few days I'm going to be pretty busy with finishing up my final project for college so rather than keep everyone waiting, I decided to release the SCAR rifles port I've been working on. It features the SCAR L and H in both tan and black colours. I plan on getting EGLM variants working when I finish up.

You can find all the classsnames in the readme.

Pictures:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnxs9WYIgAAbQRc.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bnx5lRHIMAADmwe.jpg:large

Link to download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/o0g2rk4vz21xn7m/SCARrelease.rar

Note, it's not perfect but it's more than playable. If you have any bugs to report please do so and when I'm finished up college I'll do my best to fix them

Have fun 🆒

Well now here we are in 2021 with a new version of this mod. Check out the details below. 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2444357527

Nice to see you in full steam Slatts! Hope to see an ASDG plugin for these SCARs (someday or if some configwizz step up) ;D

Have a good project presentation and enjoy your degree ;D

cheers!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice work, thanks!

But: the mags of SCAR-L doesn't works for me...

Works great with RH-optics!

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

SCAR-H works great!

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@slatts_scar.png

@ Slatts;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Now we just need someone to make a model swap config. (The scar, being such an adaptive platform, would be perfect for this. I'm fairly certain a 6.5 barrel kit for these is so close to reality that it already likely exists) Great work slatts! :)

Nice work, thanks!

But: the mags of SCAR-L doesn't works for me...

Works great with RH-optics!

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:35 ----------

SCAR-H works great!

How d'ya mean they don't work? Works fine for me and everyone who tested them privately

Our community was playing with them last night and both variants really works great! Really nice JSRS sounds and also compatible with RH optics, don't know if there is asdg config, but on both of rifles are attachable asdg attachments bipods (mk20 and abr bipods), although mk17 has it badly placed.

Btw, don't you thinking about putting all your weapons into one package? Let's say @slts_weapons or something like that, also with correct keys? We are using also your rocked launcher mods on our server and we have problem with slts key, it doesn't work.

Anyway, nice work (on all of your mods)!

Our community was playing with them last night and both variants really works great! Really nice JSRS sounds and also compatible with RH optics, don't know if there is asdg config, but on both of rifles are attachable asdg attachments bipods (mk20 and abr bipods), although mk17 has it badly placed.

Btw, don't you thinking about putting all your weapons into one package? Let's say @slts_weapons or something like that, also with correct keys? We are using also your rocked launcher mods on our server and we have problem with slts key, it doesn't work.

Anyway, nice work (on all of your mods)!

Hey man. Thanks for the feedback. Although the weapon wasn't set up with ASDG it somewhat works due to inheriting from the MK20 rifle. I'll take a better look after next week when I finish up. Also thanks for the heads up on the server key, I'll look into that too :)

Excuse me! I was wrong!:mad: SCAR-L works great! Sorry!

It is possible to add silencers?

Anyway, thanks for this, again!

Yep they take 5.56 and 7.62 suppressors.

@All I was working on grenade launcher then my computer decided to take a massive dump on me and won't boot up pass the bios screen..

Aye, they work, just not placed 100% correct. My bad :p

Too bade to hear about your PC. Have you been able to recover anything from it?

Not yet. Freezes at BIOS screen.

Thank you Shepard.

Not too sure Flipper. Last week it randomly froze while I was working in Oxygen of all places. Had to hard restart and couldn't find out what was wrong. Then a few days it froze soon after boot up, then on BIOS so i left it and didn't touch it since. After I do my exam tomorrow I'm going to try take a crack at it.

I think the old hard drive is finally failing completely. Whatever way it was set up with the new HD it needs to boot of the old to get into the new. The new HD is missing installation files it seems and can't boot on its own. Nothing I've done fixed that problem. And since I don't have a windows CD cause I downloaded it. I can't just pop it in and reinstall.

Slatts, I had probably this problem with an old computer back in 2007/2008: it froze the same way at bios, before memory check... guess what: it was caused by a green dust on the memory cards (we call it "Zinabre" in portughese) and a simple brush on the cards resolved it... luckly my PC technician is honest and didn´t charge me for it nor pushed up a new GPU that I thought was the problem...

I know it is a long shot, but sometimes PC problems are easy as that =)

@Slatts did you not do a fresh install of Windows? If you didnt that will bring a whole host of problems if your trying to boot off a newer piece of hardware.

I managed to fire it up, disconnecting the old hard drive which I thought might be causing the problem. When just the new HD loads I get a 0xc000000e error. Then bam it froze anyway. And shut itself down this time, So I can't even attempt to fix the error which I'm guessing is the problem.

Trust me not to back up anything in the last 2 weeks. Which is quite a lot of work.. <Sigh>

Well now! Here's a surprise. Let's necro a 7 year old thread since we have some updates! 

A quick background. While the original work came out in 2014, I had dug it up from the grave with the intention of helping out the wonderful Anthrax when he started work on his Altian SAS mod with the idea of using SCAR rifles for them. While he had completed his retextures of the CUP SCAR rifle in AAF camo, I had begun my own work at the same time. Updating something that was wildly out of date and not being super into modding has delayed it for the last few months but it's something I want to get out there. I'm finishing up some tiny bits but for now, have some teasers! 

So what can you expect? Well, as well as the updated features to the base Mk16 and 17. We now have EGLM variants with working, range-able sights, sub variants with integral Surefire flashlight grips, AAF camo for all variants alongside tan and black, as well as the Mk13 standalone launcher 

2E3DE8C71BC01DAFA97345FC41847CC2A5BDC8F4

51A1A181FBD37A05C233ED8C8C27A9867A689C8E

• Like 15