TxT

Littoral Combat Ship ( LCS-1 )

Disregard my last post, after a reboot PWSix decided it was going to update.

Managed to load into the editor with only a texture error:

Cannot load texture sfp_c303\data\window_nohq.paa

The ship looks like a very promising prototype release. Subscribed.

@Papanowel What do you mean by the VR (laser designator) is inverted? for me its good ?

Nice job so far. This bad boy will be awesome when you guys iron out the small stuff. Excellent work. I do hope to see a standard navy grey, along with the current skin. Nice job guys!!

hey txt

Awesome Mod!! I have been watching this for a while now and I was so excited to see it on PWS.

Finally a ship for Arma 3.

When I had a play with it I found a few bugs that I thought you guys may be interested in.

1. The helicopter needs a secure to deck option. When I was turning with a helo on the deck, it would roll and explode... this makes transport a bit hard.

2. the ship appears to have a list to starboard (right) when moving

3. when In first person at the various gunner and driver positions you can see out the walls

4. would it be possible to have the markings on the flight deck?

This is an awesome ship, please keep it going :)

Cheers,

Duck

@Papanowel What do you mean by the VR (laser designator) is inverted? for me its good ?

When I go up with my mouse, it goes down ingame.

This happens only in camera view.

Edit: Nevermind, I was wrong. I checked again and everything works fine :)

Edited by Papanowel

Love the addon so far, just a little thing that i have noticed while using it:

When you land a helicopter on the deck, it gets damaged and suddenly explodes which either kills you or destroys the ship.

it would be nice as [AEF]Duck said where when you land a helicopter on the deck, you could get the option to secure the heli on the deck so it dosent end up living it's own life and blows up.

other then that, i love it, keep up the good work :) and another thing would it be possible to get the ship in various textures since i was thinking about the basic grayish color they use on the modern ships like this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/40/The_Green_Bay_(LPD_20)_near_New_Orleans.jpg (1090 kB)

Thank you for this addon. Is it me or should you be able to see through the ship you when look through the external view?

hey txt

Awesome Mod!! I have been watching this for a while now and I was so excited to see it on PWS.

Finally a ship for Arma 3.

When I had a play with it I found a few bugs that I thought you guys may be interested in.

1. The helicopter needs a secure to deck option. When I was turning with a helo on the deck, it would roll and explode... this makes transport a bit hard.

2. the ship appears to have a list to starboard (right) when moving

3. when In first person at the various gunner and driver positions you can see out the walls

4. would it be possible to have the markings on the flight deck?

This is an awesome ship, please keep it going :)

Cheers,

Duck

What do you mean by "List" to the right, I dont understand the word list... if its the tilting and such... its in the driving config i gotta change, because its still testing as we all know... but thank you...

as for the transporting and secure to deck... Ill hopefully see if Gnat would help us out with that... he tried to earlier but I didnt understand how to make it work properly (allow helicopters to "stick" to the ship)

as for the guns... they do have first person... but for some reason some times it wont allow you to go into first person (this is the first time i have had this issue before) they do have first person... you gotta go into like driver first person then change seat to another gun ... no idea why this glitch happens... but hopefully someone could help out wiht that

as for the paint and markings that is up to TxT (im just the configer lol :P)

@Nikiforos as for the views... I have no idea why this happens.. it happens to me too... alot of this is the first time seeing errors/glitches like this before.... never had this problem before... but if anyone has insight of how to fix it... im all ears

What do you mean by "List" to the right, I dont understand the word list... if its the tilting and such... its in the driving config i gotta change, because its still testing as we all know... but thank you...

Yeah, that's the right meaning of List.

I recall this project at some point had a realistic texture, but it is now on kinda alpha/placeholder texture, was that old texture scrapped or am I daydreaming? (or confusing with another LCS project, unreleased by Chops????)

cheers!

@ Corporal_Lib[bR] -- in the case of Chops, he was doing an Arleigh Burke-class destroyer.

This was the texture at the time, now i am working on the model to get more details on the out side and inside, after that i am move to the textures and am going to normal baking the model so that it feels bit more realistic into it, but it is my second time normal baking so i need to practise it bit.

As for the paint and markings that the ship has was just demo/test i am working on the real one it was just tests rather than have it white.

Keep at it, looks cool!

I have some bugs/issues to report.

-is not compatible in multiplayer. Crashes the server immediately

-landing deck has holes in it (I landed a pawnee on it, got out and fell through the ship)

Looking forward to your next update!

Landing deck i knew about and i am fixing it.

Am not sure yet with the server.

TxT.

I have tried your LCS and it is beautiful.

For the slight listing to starboard you have to careful balance weights in the GEO LOD.

For the weapons...

if you want to add ballistic computer you have to set the weapons that can be fired with the ballistic computer in the turret you have set as Primary Gunner.

for the missiles I would suggest setting them in a turret set as Primary Observer.

You can add proxies of already existing objects so in the RHIB bay you coul set a proxie and even create an unloadin/loading animation where the gunboats can be loaded in the LCS.

Nice work again!!!

Haze Grey is the official US Navy paint color. That being said keep in mind that these ships are only ever painted from the same production batch of the color one time (when first launched into the sea).

After just a few weeks even pierside they will start to get variations in the shade of grey due to a number of things.

Rust, repainting from different batches of paint, repainting in a different climate will even cause a difference in shade.

Additionally every single welded protrusion will develop a tint of rust color and that color will follow gravity as it gets older, most often this is just painted over, but the rust "bleeds" through the paint discoloring it and ultimately layering atop it.

So far this looks great. I'd like to, as a Navy vet, thank you for the hard work.

most often this is just painted over, but the rust "bleeds" through the paint discoloring it and ultimately layering atop it.

Once over dust, twice over rust.

Great ship you made there, had a blast with it already.

Any chance of getting the artillery computer (so AI can use the 40mm cannon/cruise missile) to work?

Cheers

You can add proxies of already existing objects so in the RHIB bay you coul set a proxie and even create an unloadin/loading animation where the gunboats can be loaded in the LCS.
I am admittedly interested in hearing more about this...?

wrong post edited

Edited by Grumpy Old Man
edited wrong post, please ignore

This is kind of a more "generic" question, but it applies to this one aswell, so I have all naval mods on the server, we are struggling to get to board the ships, the craft carrier thing is fine as it has a ladder, but other than heli how do you get on the ship? say there is a man overboard situation, is there an entry point or recover boat option on these things?

I love this ship, especially since it's cannon functions like artillery. But unfortunately this Mod breaks the AllInArma Terrainpack. It overwrites the main menu of the whole game if started with AiA and the LCS.

Is this ZEUS compatible? I remember using it some while ago and it looks awesome, but i can't currently download it due to my Network. Just curious if it's possible to spawn this ship via Zeus.