Sign in to follow this  
Chairborne

Arma 2 sample models LAV-25 port

Since i'm at a good point and i feel confident this is going to reach a final state soon (TM :D) i want to make a public announcement about what i've been working on.

That is the LAV-25 and the LAV-CC port from A2 sample models.

Physx is at a point i'm happy with, i'm still having some trouble with damage animations but i'm confident it can be solved.

The first release will consist of just the basic models from A2 with minor tweaks, plain and simple.

These models will also be sent to Alduric for his A2 assets porting mod.

At a later point, however, i want to make some other minor modifications like a reskin, add an M240 for the commander and add some other visual improvements to make them look more "operational", like backpacks and weapon bags attached to the sides etc (see http://www.combatindex.com/hardware/images/land/lav25/25/LG/lav-25_142.jpg).

Here is the first video i uploaded some time ago, it's just a simple (and outdated) demo of Physx integration and amphibious capabilities:

Have a nice day. :cool:

Update: getting closer to first release, i'm now working on the LAV-C2 (or LAV-HQ for the Arma 2 aficionados ;) ):

Edited by Chairborne

Awesome!

Do you have any plans to do any of the other variants such as the AT, Mortar, Recovery vehicles and AA etc?

My modeling skills are rather limited, so short answer is no for now.

I gave it a thought and took a look at other models for parts i could use (like the stryker), given that the AT turret is a common design and the recovery wench isn't really complex but i haven't found anything satisfying yet.

Maybe at a later stage once i've finished everything else i'll look into it.

Very nice work! Especially on the PhysicsX.

I hope one day you'll tell us how you did it

- or at the very least tell me ...

maybe then my brain will switch off and I can get some sleep at night:)

It was one of the biggest pains in the ass to get physx to work.

The sample models you find with the tools are very complete, i think i copypasted a few things to get it working myself.

It was difficult but the result was very satisfying.

It was one of the biggest pains in the ass to get physx to work.

The sample models you find with the tools are very complete, i think i copypasted a few things to get it working myself.

It was difficult but the result was very satisfying.

do you think that if my partner cannot finish our LAV-25, that we can add yours to our NB USMC mod?

If proper credits are given i don't see why not. :cool:

If proper credits are given i don't see why not. :cool:

thanks, my partner is having no luck so it most likely will happen, hes probably close to killing is computer brutally with a hammer

Great work, now let's get a full uv map and update those textures ;) hehe. You did great, two thumbs up

My partner said he would love to include your LAV-25 port into our USMC mod, in return i offer to make a desert texture for you along with a winter one possibly

Hey now, Chairborne, this isn't a "please let us use in our mod" request... :D But I was wondering:

#1: Are you aware of the Community Upgrade Project?

#2: Would you be willing to contribute (whether the LAV-25, other assets, or other assistance) to @CUP? Not least because for both assistance and sources for future updates you could draw on what's available from other contributors as well. :)

1- I read something about it but didn't really have much time (and i still don't... university exams are coming) to spend time and go through all the registration setup thing.

2- I already have an agreement with Alduric to provide my work for his all-in-one-uber-asset-port once it's finished, i guess i could give you a hand as well. :)

Looking good - look forward to it

cheers

Out of curiosity, how did you get the wheels spinning? I've tried porting various vehicles to A3 but I've never been able to get the wheels to spin.

It's defined in the model.cfg

class wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			type="rotationX";
			source="wheel";
			selection="wheel_1_1_hide";
			axis="";
			sourceAddress="loop";
			minValue=0;
			maxValue=1;
			angle0=0;
			angle1="rad -180";
		};
		class wheel_1_2_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_1_2_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_1_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_1_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_2_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_2_hide";
		};
		class wheel_1_3_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_1_3_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_3_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_3_hide";
		};
		class wheel_1_4_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_1_4_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_4_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_4_hide";
		};

You also need to set the cfgskeleton part correctly otherwise they will just spin without dampers or steering.

hey PM me up, i can make some alternative textures as a thanks for giving permission to use it in my usmc mod with credits, just send me the texture file you currently have

Thanks for the help but i really want it to be "mine", later on i'll make reskins as well but for now i really want to focus on making it fully operational in game.

It's defined in the model.cfg

class wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			type="rotationX";
			source="wheel";
			selection="wheel_1_1_hide";
			axis="";
			sourceAddress="loop";
			minValue=0;
			maxValue=1;
			angle0=0;
			angle1="rad -180";
		};
		class wheel_1_2_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_1_2_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_1_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_1_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_2_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_2_hide";
		};
		class wheel_1_3_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_1_3_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_3_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_3_hide";
		};
		class wheel_1_4_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_1_4_hide";
		};
		class wheel_2_4_rot: wheel_1_1_rot
		{
			selection="wheel_2_4_hide";
		};

You also need to set the cfgskeleton part correctly otherwise they will just spin without dampers or steering.

I've already tried that, with and without the selection having the _hide part at the end, as well as with and without having the axis defined in the cfg, and no joy. Were there any model modifications made to get it to work? Also, could you please post your full model.cfg, physx, and vehicle configs so I can look at them as a reference?

No modifications were made to the wheels in the p3d to get them working.

I'll send them to you as soon as i can but i'm a little busy this week and i don't have them at hand right now.

I know it's been 2 days since the last post, but are there any new updates on this project?

I'm seriously excited!!

read the forum rules, do not ask for updates, but im sure chairborne is working on it

I know it's been 2 days since the last post, but are there any new updates on this project?

I'm seriously excited!!

2 days?!?!?! Wow you must be really desperate

2 days?!?!?! Wow you must be really desperate

Ahahahah...

Sorry for coming back empty-handed but university exams start next week so i won't have much time to work on this for the next 3-4 weeks (and possibly july as well, way to celebrate summer holidays :mad:).

Damage animations still won't work for some reason, maybe i'll open a thread in the proper section later and see if i can get to solve it.

After that is done the LAV-25 should be ready, then i'll move on to the LAV-CC.