Sign in to follow this  
starstreams

Gamma setting in SINGLE Player preview mod

I just updated my video drives again hoping to fix this issue: I'm not able to adjust my gamma setting (it has NO effect anymore) ever since the last few updates for ArmA 3 it has been broke.

I don't play multi player much these days because of limited time, but I do like to make small missions in the editor and preview them. I usually just play the game in preview mode as I've always liked to do.

I've never had an issue setting gamma or brightness before. This has been talked about before in bug tickets months back, what is going on with this once and for all?

I've noticed people complaining about online cheaters using gamma for what ever reason, and some have requested for it to be removed.. which is a bad idea for a global setting.

I just hope the setting was not removed for single and preview player mods.

I'm now using

nVidia Gforce driver:

v335.23-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql

Previously was using (Game-Ready)

v327.23-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql

v332.21-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql

v331.82-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql

I had the issue with all 4 versions. Not only do I always remove the old drivers, and restart the system before upgrading,

I always utilized the clean install option in nVidia's installer window during the install. This got broke in one of the ArmA 3 updates.

Any advice as to how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Advanced Thanks

Edited by starstreams

Just to verify: is the slider available and can you slide it but nothing happens? Or is it blacked-out but still visible?

If it is blacked-out then you probably switched to fullscreen window mode....

Hello IT07,

Yes the slider is available. One correction however. The brightness setting "IS" working, I said it was not in the first post. Sorry.

But the gamma will not change. I am playing in fullscreen mode as far as I can tell. Not window mode. I can see the light gray sample check mark in the black box under the slider, but again sliding the slider doesn't do anything.

What's odd is, every so often, (on any given day) ..when I go to restart the game, not the editor, but the restart preview option in the lower left menu, sometimes the gamma will come back and reflect the new setting. but I can't change it in real time. And lately it won't relect any settings I make

Shortcute Launch option in Steam is:

-mod=@CBA -mod=@Air -mod=@Units -mod=@misc -mod=@Mods -mod=@cjtf101editor -nosplash

Thank you for your response by the way.

Thank your for the additional information.

I have 2 things for you that you can try:

1. go into video settings where the gamma slider is while in game on multiplayer, singe player, editor and when in the main arma menu.

2. if all of the above result in the same thing, try cut paste your launch options somewhere in a file to see what ArmA does without all those add ons.

Good luck!

No go IT07, Didn't work.

I thought this last update might fix it.

Edited by starstreams

Do you have some overlay program active when starting the game? Like MSI Afterburner?

Does the slider start working again if you alt+tab out of Arma and back?

Do you have some overlay program active when starting the game? Like MSI Afterburner?

Does the slider start working again if you alt+tab out of Arma and back?

Hello Greenfist

Yes, alt+tabing out and then back in makes the gamma setting work again. As far as having any overlay, what do you mean? I am running Classic Shell for windows 7, which gives me the XP start menu again and the classic explorer tool bars Microsoft removed. Other then that I keep this system really stripped down for speed.

By the way, this is unrelated but, I'm getting an error when I first start the game: "Script C\Modules\MP\Scripts\MPframework.sqf" Not found.

Edited by starstreams

I have the same problem with gamma. I can't say for sure since I haven't really tested but I think my MSI Afterburner OSD breaks the gamma setting if it's enabled when I start the game.

I disabled all add-ons as IT07 mentioned, no difference.

I don't think it's my Classic Shell overlay either, because I disabled that as well and the gamma setting is still not working. The only thing that seems make it (temporarily) work again is Tab-ing out and back into the game. I've tried 4 different nVidia drivers also. When I first play the game, the brightness slider works fine, but not the gamma. and then after Tab-ing as mentioned all is well, till the next time I load the game, I have to tab out all over again. This was never an issue until the last three updates were released.

Edited by starstreams