Sign in to follow this  
bogo

Resistance mission: hostages

I reached this mission but i can't seem to complit it. No matter what i do the alarm i going off is it intended that you fail the mission and if not wich strategy should i use?

Here's how I did it. first tell your two squadmates to 'hold fire' and 'stop' so that they wn't follow you. Then head down towards the fields to the rightof the town (as you look at it). head up the hill and cawl behind the Ural and UAZ. Watch the patrolling guards (4 of them?) and wait untill the time is right; you need to take them al out very quickly. Once they are dead run to the hostages, then leg it back towards your mates. The rest of the mission is simple.

Oh, and for even more fin try taking the guards out with a Tokarev, great fun wink.gif

Hawkeye is on the money, great way to do it, different than me, I just bum rushed em with a HK and took down everyone in about 10 seconds, pure luck, first try, think one hostage took a round, he was a little red and slow running away.

Then I stole a truck, meet up with my buds, hauled ass to the next base. Snuck in on the west side using cover. Set my ambush up in a "L" formation to funnel russkies into the open. Snuck in as far as I could and inetaited the ambush. When the smoke cleared I moved the vehicles that where there to the rear of the base, set up another ambush for the attacking armor, cleared the area and rolled home with a butt load of equipment. Took along time, be ready to try a couple of times to get threw the ambush with your whole team. But the rewards where plenty of weapons for future missions. biggrin.gif

smile.gif - Ok after a third try at Hostages I finally rescued them from the town - unfortunately one Civilian was killed - I thought I had done that mission by then - but of course you have to go and raid that Military Base sad.gif

Well I got into the Ural in the town I had cleared - but one of my guys just wouldn't get into the truck - and after a while of messing about the tanks showed up lol and started shooting wow.gif luckily they were unable to hit my Ural travelling at probably 20kph across grass in the open with a clear shot lol biggrin.gif

Unfortunatetly as my man was unable to get into the Ural he was left to face a T-72 and a BMP with his AK74-CZ (yeah he didn't last a whole lotta time)

Well I proceeded up the hill to meet the others (who had come to meet me half way under fire from the armour confused.gif and so I ordered them into the Ural abd burnt rubber up around the right hand forest (to put some cover between me and my pursuers)

Well I stopped about 400m prior to the base and got out - with my men (5 of us) and we didnt have anr RPG to our name - so I knew the mission would fail.

Ok So I went prone as did my men in Wedge formation and crawled as far as we could to watch for the patrol of the BMP - and when it had passed I took a risk by running full pelt to the southern most building - unfortunately we were seen and one of my men was killed outright. I ordered my men to attack and between us we killed abiut half a dozen men - but alas the BMP responded to the firing and came charging in and obliterated us sad.gif due to the lack of any Anti-Armour weaponry sad.gif - I was just about to sprint the last 15 metres to a dead RPG guy as well sad.gif

First time I tried taking the Base I thought the Waypoint designated Base was where I was meant to meet the "Others" and so I drove into the middle wondering why I was being fired at lol tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oppenheimer @ Aug. 02 2002,17:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First time I tried taking the Base I thought the Waypoint designated Base was where I was meant to meet the "Others" and so I drove into the middle wondering why I was being fired at lol  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LMAO!!

If that is not bad luck, then what is!   biggrin.gif

*giggles*

OH darned.. now it´s my turn.. (2 tries, 2 deaths). Think I will just keep my mouth shut next time!