weparo

assignAsCargo & orderGetIn

Hey guys,

I'm having a bit of an issue. The code below is in the "on act" field of a waypoint.

{_x assignAsCargo hummingbird_1; [_x] orderGetIn true;} forEach units end_shift;

where hummingbird_1 is my helo and end_shift is my group. Now, so far so good, right? Wrong.

What happens is that only one (number 6 I believe) of the group (end_shift) mounts up and enters the helo. The rest just idle...

Any explanations? The command is only issued when the heli has all 6 seats free, and the group (end_shift) has exactly 6 members. I'm really puzzled :confused:

Any help is apreciated :)

Weparo

Oh, no :D

You miss understand. The pilot and co pilot are already in the chopper. They just landed, to pick up the group (end_shift). But they won't get in as cargo?! Well, one, does, sometimes four. But never all six of them :( :confused:

Allright, so, I did some troubleshooting -> using assignedVehicle I noticed that only the 6th member of the group (end_shift) has the hummingbird assigned. The rest doesn't. How can that be?

Edited by Weparo

Sounds weird.

Try assigning the whole group before ordering them to get in.

{_x assignAsCargo hummingbird_1;} forEach (units end_shift); (units end_shift) orderGetIn true;

So, I changed this

{_x assignAsCargo hummingbird_1; [_x] orderGetIn true;} forEach units end_shift;

into this :

{ _x assignAsCargo hummingbird_1; [_x] orderGetIn true;} forEach units end_shift;

And it worked. Once. I didn't touch a thing, previewed it again, and I had the same mistake. So, i ran the following code in the debug console (while previewing)

{ _x assignAsCargo hummingbird_1;} forEach units end_shift;

That made number 5 enter the helo. I ran the comand again, and #4 entered, after #4 entered, i ran it again -> #3 entered. I had to repeat this untill all units were seated, 1-6.

If it helps, I could record the whole proccess, and put it up on YT.

I guess they're trying to use the same seat or something.

Try this:

{_x player assignAsCargoIndex [hummingbird_1, _forEachIndex];} forEach units end_shift; [units end_shift] orderGetIn true;

ALLRIGHT! Issue solved. :yay: :) :) :)

Here is what happened : The soldiers that were in the helo before, didn't get unassigned. :j: I noticed that when the squad that was in the helo previously, entered another vehicle, the group (end_shift) would mount up properly. So, I issued

{unassignVehicle _x} forEach units previous_group_of_heli;

command to unassign them. Everything works fine now. No matter which method to assign end_shift to the heli you use. :)

Thanks for all the efforts made and see you in the field,

Weparo

Hahaha.

Lession learned I guess: Never forget to unassign stuff. ;)

They also have the bad habit of trying to get back inside if you don't unassign them.

You said it! :D I would usually have noticed/remembered, but the squad that was in the helo before wasn't AI controlled, so yeah

But thanks again

Hello, i have an issue

Embark:

{ _x assignAsCargo heli; [_x] orderGetIn true;} forEach units grp5; - Works

============

Disembark:

_waypoint0 = grp4 addwaypoint[getmarkerpos"m1",0];
_waypoint0 setwaypointtype"TR UNLOAD";
_waypoint0 setWaypointSpeed "FULL";

It work, troops disembark but they will not embark again... they get stuck, assignascargo will not work anymore.. Troops not answer to the command..

I tried assign in a new helicopter and no work..

i tried {unassignVehicle _x} forEach units grp5; no work..

Any clue why?