Sign in to follow this  
hcpookie

SOC-R Special Ops Boats for A3

I *finally* ported it into A3/AiA. For now, this requires AiA!

Known issues with Arma3:

- REQUIRES AiA! I'm still working on completely A3-native config!

- Lights do not animate with radar mast lower/raise animation

- Lights and running lights are VERY dim

- Commander laser designator turret inoperative

Did I mention it requires AiA? :)

Download and readme location: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=5B54FC51A7917265&id=5B54FC51A7917265%213777

This version CAN REPLACE THE A2 VERSION! I simply added the "attenuation" settings to the config so it will no longer echo when you fire weapons. The settings are ignored in A2. Therefore, I have designated this as version 4.0. (previous version was 3.0).

Yes, I know there are issues... and yes I am researching them. I welcome any feedback regarding any additional issues you may discover!

ETA: When it is ready! :) RealLife 1.0 is keeping me more busy than I expected since my move to Colorado Springs. This summer is looking like my new workload will be steadily increasing.

Thank you for your patience as I continue to polish this addon for your enjoyment!

TO-DO:

- Complete A3-native config

- Remove AiA dependency for "native" A3 use

In case you haven't already realized:

NOTE: REQUIRES AiA TO WORK PROPERLY! :)

AiA link: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152706-All-in-Arma-(AiA)-TKOH-OA-A2-A1-merge-with-A3

socr1.jpg

Original A2 discussion:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?129446-SOC-R-Special-Ops-Boat

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

I should add that I have added all the models including the "heavy" versions with the additional armor sided partitions

hcpookie, just attempted to unzip the SOCR archive file and there were no PBO files in the zip file. It appears you have placed the original source files in the archive by mistake. Could you have a look at this issue please? Really liked using your boats in ARMA2. Good to see them deploying to ARMA 3.

I had problems zipping it last night as well, didn't realize it was still broken. Tonight after work I'll reboot and try again LOL

Hope to see it working soon. Do you have any intentions to port over any of your other work such as the pbrs. The underwater grenade module would be great now that we can swim under the water.

cant wait for a3 standalone. good to see it coming along though

Alright here we go. I just uploaded it, and downloaded it on another computer. The RAR is complete :) I think WinRAR must have pooped out last night. ENJOY!

you say uploaded, you dont mean the a3 standalone do you? :(

Hcpookie, just downloaded the file again and the SOCR and SOCR_H folders still only contain source files. There are P3d, CFG, CPP and XML files in the folders but no PBO files. Thought you should know.

FRAK. Apologies I've never had so much trouble with an upload. That's what I get for doing all this late at night when I'm really tired LOL

OK the RAR file is uploaded w/ PBO's in it this time :) Just downloaded and opened from another computer no problems.

Just downloaded it myself and you are correct. The PBO's are there. Will try this out in the morning. Thanks for your efforts mate!:)

Anyone know how to get this working without AiA? It's such an awesome boat that deserves its place in the A3 world.

Dayumn..dat Pookie has 1000 posts, naise solid number...

Hope to see this standalone soon...I can't afford to use AiA atm but I'll be waiting ^^

Kind regards,

Sanchez

I'm very pleased to see someone working on A3 SOC-R and much appreciate your work so far.

Tried out the mod today on the Australia map and for me the weapons appeared white, is that WIP for A3 or should they have appeared normal looking?

Thanks for all your efforts so far.

While we wait to see what happens with the Mark V SOC, this would be a great addition.

With the current push to expansing the naval assets in A3, this would fit in nicely :)