Sign in to follow this  
Richards.D

Up Armored HMMWV Modification

RichardsLogo.png

Hello:

So, as some of you know, I just recently released my "Medium Tactical Vehicle Replacement Modification", and there was some good interest in that, although it was admittedly a relatively obscure thing that really has limited use other than MILSIM. Now, you would think that with that preface this will be a highly populist mod that everyone will love! Well, wrong. I actually did quite a bit of custom modeling on that, and I really enjoyed taking something that had the basics, and really fleshing out the idea, adding new variants and so forth. So, this modification will introduce a number armed/Armored Humvee's. I was originally going to make some kind of 2004ish HMMWV's, but really there have been a number of mods, especially the amazing 1990s US Marines / Army mod for Arma 2. So in that regard, I really feel as though that horse has been beat to death. To be frank, I couldn't care about the timeline of A3, and will still do present day things, I feel as though the really lightly armored vehicles for outside the wire work are so far in the past, that the only acceptable standard would be to do armored variants used in the present day. So, I am proud to introduce my next modification in the works, the Up Armored HMMWV Modification. This will be quite a bit of new modeling, I want to really add some better parts, doors, the armored roof, VS Panel support on the back, BFT Console instead of the old radios and so forth. With that said.. here are the features I want to include in this modification:

• Proper Phys-X Support (Obviously)
  • M1151 Armament Carrier, M2, Mk. 19
  • M1152 Extended Cargo Shelter/Troop Carrier
  • M1167 Armored TOW Carrier
  • Deployment Variants, much like the MTVR
  • Desert and Woodland
  • Blueforce Tracker replacing the old radios
  • All other fancy A3 Features (Mirrors, Lights, Kinetic Motion for Driving

As of yet, I really have nothing to show.. I litterally started this hours ago so I only have done a bit of modeling. As far as completion, I'm not Activision or something, I cannot give you a solid release date, But I don't forsee the problems I had with my MTVR addon as I now know how to solve those, do better coding etc.

So, heres a "teaser" I guess. Not really too riveting, but it is indeed a start.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/20140518184545_6s.png (1963 kB)

Also! I DO read the addon request thread, so I found a random person who requested this. In all fairness, I already planned to do this regardless, but hey.

Venom817:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148719-ARMA-3-Addon-Request-Thread&p=2467164&viewfull=1#post2467164

So, I'll keep making posts as I continue the progress, so thank you for your interest!

Richards

Update 1

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/buldozer%202014-05-20%2015-09-00-09.png (353 kB)

Edited by RichardsD

Hello there

Good stuff. Keep us posted every inch of the way.

Rgds

LoK

One of the worst things about BI's up armored HMMWV was that you couldn't see out of the damn windows when looking around. The character position was way too high, so you seen mostly the top of the vehicle roof and nothing but heavy armor when you tried to look out the door window. Really looking forward to driving around a properly made hmmwv, can't wait!

Yeah, I really am trying to focus on a better driving experience. Those pin hole sized windows of that really early generation APK is absolutely awful, and that's why I'm doing the much more up to date APK on the modern M1151s. I spoke with a troop who deployed with those first gen armor kits and said the handle was so stiff you basically had to drop kick the door to get it open, and if you hit an IED or crashed you were basically screwed because you had no way to get the super heavy doors off.

Very glad you are doing these too, I had nearly the same idea and had a good bit done but I suck at the Animations/model.cfg and such so thankfully now I can scrap that. Very pleased to see I am not the only one wanting back our beloved HMMWV's, but with your high class models and textures. Great work on the MTVR's btw :)

Looks pretty good man. I'll be watching this closely! Tired of using M-ATV's.

Nice work im going to following this closely!

it would be perfect if you do a GMV too ! but anyway nice work !

Looking good. I am doing similiar modifications on GMVs for my US SF ODA Mod. Keep up the great work. Proper A3 standard HMMWVs are much needed ingame

Thanks for your interest everyone.. to answer a few common questions:

No, I have no plans to do the GMV variant as uhh Mr. Warlord mentioned, he'll be doing a bang up job as part of his SF centric modification.

I may now do a RCWS variant, I had not seen photos of that, so that can be arranged.

And finally, NZX, my god, I didn't think you still browsed these forums! I remember your m1114 addon for A2, is there a chance you have any material left from that? If you want, I can shoot you a PM on these forums.

Cheers.

Richards, you are on the right track we like HMMWV's vehicles, great job this your congratulation.

Niiiiiice! I´m really looking forward to it, since you already did an awesome job with the MTVRs!

armored those goddamned tires please. brake down because bump some 3inch rock it's no sense

Alright, so I'll do a quick update. I've been doing a fair amount of modeling today and yesterday and modeled the Armored Doors, Roof, Inner Door Panels, Dash, Rear Area, and Rear Bumper. I want to redo the tire texture, especially the tire rims to make them a bit more up to date. The current project is modeling the Blue Force Tracker system mounted in place of those really crusty old radios.

Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/buldozer%202014-05-20%2015-09-00-09.png (353 kB)

Maybe you could make a "Service Menu" like Johns F/A 18, that is if you plan on making different pushbars, ied rhino, identification for cars markers whatever they are called, different antennas / different types of stuff like bags,razorwire,STAY BACK warning sign and just misc parts

smoke grenades

http://m7.i.pbase.com/o2/36/640536/1/105331497.PQ1BDIO7.093128thOc_irport.jpg

stay back sign

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110419172740/tractors/images/f/fd/HMMWV.JPG

Cones and other small things

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l52/Jinrai1/misc/hires_070213-A-5144A-004a.jpg

Edited by richardgoodway

Thanks for your interest everyone.. to answer a few common questions:

No, I have no plans to do the GMV variant as uhh Mr. Warlord mentioned, he'll be doing a bang up job as part of his SF centric modification.

I may now do a RCWS variant, I had not seen photos of that, so that can be arranged.

And finally, NZX, my god, I didn't think you still browsed these forums! I remember your m1114 addon for A2, is there a chance you have any material left from that? If you want, I can shoot you a PM on these forums.

Cheers.

I wasn't trying to step on your toes brother. The more vehicles the better :)

Your progess pics look great, keep up the good work!!

thank god you are adding the BFT, aint nothing like being stuck inside a hmmvw that you can barely move around in lol good job man, looking forward to the progress on this. oh, minor detail, but can you add the gunner seat harness?

reference pic, https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/reLcFLYlGqRNxvcmhXxd0OtVWpRv11WM_rxl4OUaU8s

the harness is only attached on one side in this pic, the black/green sling looking thing. if you need better reference pics i can hit up the motorpool sometime and take pics.

Well I could most likely model it in the unattached mode, but since the gunner proxy I use stands up, It would be difficult to put in the deployed position.

Richards

Wow, this looks great. Definitely going to follow this thread. Oh btw, I have a suggestion but I will send you a PM soon so look foward to that when I send it.

Quick update:

Well, the original testing M1151 is now in game. I see no major issues after about 20 minutes of driving. Big credit to Aplion, he did the original Model.CFG that I was allowed to use. The turret doesn't move, but I messed the Model CFG doing this too late at night, in the morning I'll fix the classes so that is fixed.

Animations need a bit of work for the driver, but I see no major issues with the Physics, lights seem fine, shadows have a few minor issues.

Once I have the M1151 absolutely squared away I'll go on to a Deployment Variant, the M1152 and the M1167.

Cheers, off to sleeping..

Almost forgot, screenshots:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-05-21%2000-24-00-62.png (2719 kB)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23389642/arma3%202014-05-21%2000-25-07-06.png (2746 kB)