alexboy

C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery, and Mortar)

plus i like how its invincible for Endless base defense purposes so maybe make one special for simply guarding bases without being destroyed.

btw dont let hostile infantry get 300 meters away, its bloody....very bloody...and pretty lights too

Its great for base defense but if your attacking that base you can't win ever. If there's one invincible version and one non invincible that should even it out.

Hey guys... sory I jsut woke up and looked at my config... I forgot to change the armor of the C-ram back to normal... had it on around 100000 for testing purposes (it use to kill itself by shooting at the ground) ill put the armor back to normal so it can be destroyed.... totally forgot I changed it

as for using it against mortars... you have to place the c-ram through game editor and have an AI unit inside of it also... the mortars have to come within range of the c-ram (some times doesnt fire due to the inaccuracy of the mortars themselves)

Thanks, good to see that the armor issue is getting reverted, and I say no to an invincible version. :) I gotta ask though, what about arty?

Its great for base defense but if your attacking that base you can't win ever. If there's one invincible version and one non invincible that should even it out.

thats what i mean, and i ment for like use in MP servers with A2-Style insurgency or AlivE when enemies entering your base is very common and would promote A2-Style insurgencys return

@Chortles what do you mean by

I gotta ask though, what about arty?

and yes ill be changing it back to a more normal ammount of armor... but still a large ammount so it isnt just destroyed so easily.... and if the community wants there could be a possibility to make two versions of it.... but if i was to make two different versions... is there a simple way? without makeing two seperate addons.. just to make a config of a new one to change the variables of it ?

So how is the Anti mortar version of the cram going ? is it working for everyone?

@Chortles what do you mean by
Is it supposed to be able to engage incoming arty rounds/missiles, or just the rounds from the manportable Mk6 mortars?

As far as making a separate version, you might be able to make a new class in your current config different from the current ones but then you'll want to double check the inheritances to make sure that they're differing (only?) in their armor, classname, and displayName (so that in the Editor and Zeus at the very least they're clearly unmistakable when choosing which to place) values.

@alex, it should be as simple as just changing the name and making a sperate phalanx than the one that is destructable

Example would be

Blufor

-NATO

--Static

---Phalanx C-RAM AI

---Phalanx C-RAM (INDESTRUCT)

---------- Post added at 19:32 ---------- Previous post was at 19:27 ----------

Is it supposed to be able to engage incoming arty rounds/missiles, or just the rounds from the manportable Mk6 mortars?

As far as making a separate version, you might be able to make a new class in your current config different from the current ones but then you'll want to double check the inheritances to make sure that they're differing (only?) in their armor, classname, and displayName (so that in the Editor and Zeus at the very least they're clearly unmistakable when choosing which to place) values.

in regards to this, it will attack any artillery as long as fired by OPFOR unit (including OPFOR unit inside BLUFOR MLRS)

Have you tried the MLRS ? I havent got to them but i am 90 % sure I had them inherit the missile to track....

but yes @AngelwingGamingJacob is right... there has to be an enemy unit in the artillery so that the such Blu for or CSAT depending whos in the mortar... can fire at the incoming enemy rounds... there is no point for the Cram to fire at friendly rounds (shouldnt be coming into ally territory)

This is OP, to destroy 1 turren you need more than 3 explosive charges, even t-100 cant win with it. Any one have similar sytuation?

@Przemro ...not to sound rude... but if you been reading this forum you would have seen that the armor is set to around 1000000 and needs to be reset or have two seperate versions one thats invincible and one that is destroyable....

This is being fixed but is not on my top priority... rather have an awesome c-ram that works and looks realistic then releasing just an update of the armor

heres a tutorial of a HEMMT mounted CRAM

1.Place a hemmt (non covered), name it P

2. place cram, in its init field put the following

this attachTo [p,[0,-2,-1]];

and boom mobile CRAM

i have tested and it works, targets things just fine

Edited by AngelWingGamingJacob

Thank you @angelwingGamingJacob I will post that on the main page.... I have been trying to work with that ... but no luck

why do you have to have one that is INDESTRUCT ??

He doesnt have to have one. It was just an idea being tossed around. Now if he decides to act on the idea it would be for games where AI sneak into the base that you dont want to, and well the turret does the rest.

still have to try it out hope to have some more time soon

do you have to use the userconfig ?

and one more thing dose it shoot down aircraft to like in real life ? or only ary and mortar ?

is any one running it on a sever to test it out ?

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

still have to try it out hope to have some more time soon

do you have to use the userconfig ?

and one more thing dose it shoot down aircraft to like in real life ? or only ary and mortar ?

is any one running it on a sever to test it out ?

it shoots everything hostile, even infantry, arty, armor,boats,anything

After a few busy weeks of work.... this is a godsend and is hands down my new favorite add-on, thanks Alex! It's awesome watching the little guy mow down anything that gets close to base. For the people who are doing the mobile version, just use a regular Hemmit with the code

this attachTo [ Name of Hemmit ,[.01,-1.3,-.5]]; 

It doesn't look too bad like that compared to being pretty large on the flatbed.

After a few busy weeks of work.... this is a godsend and is hands down my new favorite add-on, thanks Alex! It's awesome watching the little guy mow down anything that gets close to base. For the people who are doing the mobile version, just use a regular Hemmit with the code
 this attachTo [ Name of Hemmit ,[.01,-1.3,-.5]]; 

It doesn't look too bad like that compared to being pretty large on the flatbed.

i already posted something similar that works well too

I know, that's why I mentioned it. I was just giving aesthetic advice, since on the transport variant, the sides of the C-Ram pop through the rails.

@ICE_AGE0815 everything in the addon is needed... and yes the userconfig is needed

@AngelWingGamingJacob Thanks jacob... i guess i forgot that arty weapon... Ill be releasing that in the next version

Hello Alex,

Earlier I reported that I could not get my C-RAM to engage mortar rounds.

After some quick trouble shooting I have determined that is due to the fact that I had the Armor Improvement System mod running as well. I disabled that and your mod ran perfectly.

Could it be because your mod uses the same userconfig as AIS?

New mod v0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@alex_ais.png

@ alexboy ;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Quick question, in the current state the CRAM will engage all targets including infantry and ground. Is this a bug or a feature? Personally I love the fact is a all around defense and would love it to stay where it will engage infantry and other aircraft.

Thanks for informing us of the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Well, sorry then i sow this med when you start wrok and then when you relased it. The way how it works it s awesome, nice tracer show.