Sign in to follow this  
RushHour

What features are fundamental to the Marksman DLC? (no speculation)

no, you misunderstand this point mate. what im asking for (and i could have been clearer in my wording) is that when firing bolt action rifles or any other rifles that have an animation for reloading after firing a shot, that keeping the mouse button down (left mouse button to be precise) would prevent the bolt from auto cyciling and thereby preserve the sight picture and allowing you to see if your bullet hits or not.

Oh, I see. Thats how Battlefield 1942 did it :)

And as for blood I just dont see it in the dev build. especially no blood spray to signify an impact. i must have missed it somehow. It's there with mods but lacking in non modded dev build.

PS - im so used to TPW's really good get shot and then fall mod that i was taken aback by how BIS's movement due to being shot implementation works currently. I hope they get it right becuase they still have a long way to go.

It's in the vanilla game alright. With smal calibers it is very hard to see. You have to be standing very close. Try to use the 12,7mm though, and you will se a bigger effect, visible even from some distance.

• Functional Bipods / weapon resting on object
  • Wounding System
  • Realistic Ragdoll depending on the caliber
  • Proper blood splashes
  • PIP/3d Scopes
  • Ballistics Improvement
  • Ballistic Protection Improvement
  • Subsonic Ammo

You guys know the game on sale in steam right now called Insurgency, it has 3D PIP Scopes, and it does a damned good job with them. But the way Arma 3's Engine handles 3D scopes, i wouldn't even touch it. I would rather run with Iorn sights than have a scope that can't see pixels, or render 100% on target in detail, without a lick of lag or frame drop.

You guys know the game on sale in steam right now called Insurgency, it has 3D PIP Scopes, and it does a damned good job with them. But the way Arma 3's Engine handles 3D scopes, i wouldn't even touch it. I would rather run with Iorn sights than have a scope that can't see pixels, or render 100% on target in detail, without a lick of lag or frame drop.
That's the Source engine, mate. I don't know about you but for me having Scope Detail on anything above medium on that game and the chugs start appearing. It also has the RO2 thing where the scope image is still there when you sight out, making it look like a TV screen.

It's not bad, personally I prefer 2D scopes, especially the TMR kind with their accurate to a caliber BDC and the edges darkened (though I'd ideally prefer having them blurred).

Here's the strange part though, i just bought Insurgency yesterday. I played with my Special Operations squad for the first 8 Minutes, and our FIRST thought is why couldn't Arma's gun play be this intense. Yeah, it's source Engine, and for them to have put us so deep in it last night, working together, ducking and screaming like monkeys when bullets flew over our heads, LOL, we were having second thoughts we were Special anything after that match. It was so good. But the point i'm getting at is, what if they took a look at the gun-play in Insurgency, and took that into consideration. One, or two, maybe sometimes 3 bullets are an instant kill (aside from Snipers), and that's only Standard 5.56 Tracers. They also have HE, and AP 5.56. When bullets fly by you, your screen changes, as you are being suppressed, and gives you that feeling you'd have in real life, if you don't get the F*** down, your going to die. So it can change game play drastically.

I do like 3 shots being killed.I loved that with Arma 2.But I also understand that simulating

plate carrier is really cool despite being unfinished and being held back by hitpoint system.

But why you enjoy Insurgency is it's linearity.Maps are smaller so you get more action.

One, or two, maybe sometimes 3 bullets are an instant kill (aside from Snipers), and that's only Standard 5.56 Tracers.

Great. It's the same in Arma3. What are you getting at exactly?

Try it yourself. Place a soldier as player in the editor. Next to him place another soldier without body armor. Try shooting his body at close range with 5.56. It does not take more than two shots. With 7.62 it only takes one bullet.

I wouldn't call 3D scopes fundamental, but ok.

How about better damage modeling, anyone? Or at least making soldiers stagger because a bullet hit their chestplate.

Miss fire

Jams

waterlogged

Weapon can take damage

Broken scopes

Miss aligned scopes

Faulty mags

Faulty Explosives/Hand-grenades

What's that, a list of things that would be incredibly annoying and shouldn't be in any game, ever?

Miss fire

Jams

waterlogged

Weapon can take damage

Broken scopes

Miss aligned scopes

Faulty mags

Faulty Explosives/Hand-grenades

Please don't.

I think the only thing that I'd be really disappointed in not seeing would be a standard bolt action rifle. Something like the U.S' Remmington. I can't see them disappearing altogether in 2035. Plus, there's the civilian hunter - would be a nice default loadout for him.

And when do we get proper bolt action animation? It's a big immersion killer that we still don't have that.

Indeed, Kydoimos. Especially for the FIA, because their marksman is armed with a Mk 20, which is a bit odd, don't you think? I imagine the marksman rifle they get would have to be European made, though. I wonder then, though, would they make a civilian scope for it or just use the LRPS sight they already made?

And when do we get proper bolt action animation? It's a big immersion killer that we still don't have that.

I've really wanted that for a long, long time. The big thing I'd like to see is more reaction to being hit, and not just with ragdolls on dead enemies; if you hit someone in the arm that should visibly knock them back/stagger them. That kind of thing is more important at short range though, where it's more obvious that the rounds hitting the target aren't really imparting any force.

Decho that was introduced on dev branch a few days ago so you might just get exactly what you whish for :D

Danny, it was not in the changelog but it was very obviuos when playing the game. Sadly, yesterdays update seem to have reverted it.

guys this is a Must have topic... i would say " Gravity, temperature, humidity, altitude, air density, heart beating, windage, spin-drift, Coriolis effect" this is a really must have in a dlc for marksmen's and snipers....

guys this is a Must have topic... i would say " Gravity, temperature, humidity, altitude, air density, heart beating, windage, spin-drift, Coriolis effect" this is a really must have in a dlc for marksmen's and snipers....

I would say that, unfortunately, you will be disappointed.

A Loadout menu.

EDIT: since BI seems rather puzzled what a loadout menu is

This Amiga game from the 80s had one, most military shooters ever since, had those, all except arma, i challenge you BI, you cant create a loadout menu that is as good a one from a amiga game from the 80s....

TE0LzA7.jpg

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

A Loadout menu.

EDIT: since BI seems rather puzzled what a loadout menu is

This Amiga game from the 80s had one, most military shooters ever since, had those, all except arma, i challenge you BI, you cant create a loadout menu that is as good a one from a amiga game from the 80s....

http://www.megalomania.piwko.pl/fireforce/008.jpg

Loadout menu is quite literally on Devbranch now, it was released today.

Loadout menu is quite literally on Devbranch now, it was released today.

no not quite, you have to write code to the console to have access to it in most cases, thats the reason i make this suggestion, its not quitwe litterally a loadout menu yet.