Sign in to follow this  
enforcer4100

[bug report/WAD?] Not able to use scope when laying side ways

I recently discovered a bug during a (MP) session.

When you go prone, and use the ctrl + Q/D keys (azerty keyboard/sideways keys) you are able to lay on that specific side of your body.

However you do not seem to be able to use the scope when you are in this position.

Is this supposed to be WAD or is it a bug? If it is the last one can someone make a report on the feedbacktracker (and link it) as I don't seem to remember my username.

Steps to reproduce:

-go into editor and place down a unit (I used blufor riflemen)

-go prone

-use the adjust stance keys to move sideways

-try to use scope

I found this using the latest stable build.

Regards enforcer

edit: I did search through the tracker but I couldn't find anything relevant.

It's working as intended and it's always been like that. It would be kinda hard to use scope in that stance.

I'm sure a long time ago you could look through the scope when prone on your side but they removed it.

I think the zero point didn't sync up properly so it was removed.

Shooter can use optics on urban prone position and others low ground pastures.

Main reason why urban prone, and leaning prone sides aren't used as much as

others is unability to aim down the sights.

And yes it is engine restriction.

If it is an engine limitation there is not a lot to discuss anymore :).

Mods can close this one.

I'm sure a long time ago you could look through the scope when prone on your side but they removed it.

I think the zero point didn't sync up properly so it was removed.

I always assumed that they removed it since the new 3D scopes were coming and that it would lead to horrible accuracy, even though that's kinda supposed to happen anyways. To be honest the Red Dots and such actually worked pretty well in the sideways and downwards prone, the scopes not so much.

And yes it is engine restriction.

What the fuck does 'engine restriction' mean? I'm tired of people who know nothing of software or game development say things regarding the 'engine.' If you're talking about the game's 'engine,' you probably don't know what you're talking about and are just speaking out of your ass. This was a deliberate decision, nothing more, nothing less, no illuminati 'engine' restrictions.

Do you know what it means? It means the software used to build the game isn't made to allow the company to code things in. It would be like trying to edit a video in photoshop. The program isn't coded to allow for such an operation. Yes, they can change the engine, but it's a much more difficult thing to do and is a much more long term project. You could compare adding features and objects to hanging pictures on your wall and adding furniture to your house. Changing the engine is more like redoing the concrete foundation of the house. This is very difficult to do if the house has already been built. You could compare a feature not supported by the engine to be like adding a tower to your house. You would have to excavate under the already built house and add a new reinforced foundation, concrete, steel pilings etc. It would be very difficult to do if the house was already there.

Do you know what it means? It means the software used to build the game isn't made to allow the company to code things in. It would be like trying to edit a video in photoshop. The program isn't coded to allow for such an operation. Yes, they can change the engine, but it's a much more difficult thing to do and is a much more long term project. You could compare adding features and objects to hanging pictures on your wall and adding furniture to your house. Changing the engine is more like redoing the concrete foundation of the house. This is very difficult to do if the house has already been built. You could compare a feature not supported by the engine to be like adding a tower to your house. You would have to excavate under the already built house and add a new reinforced foundation, concrete, steel pilings etc. It would be very difficult to do if the house was already there.

But this isn't a 3rd party engine - a so-called engine restriction isn't a valid excuse for arma 3.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that there is no current limitation in the engine that would prevent you from using a scope in any position.

Yes you can use scopes in that position, you can aim down sight as well....grab a rifle try it... maybe do few classes with tactical shooting drills or join the military...Like ultimateBawb stated above, stop talking shit out your arses ....... Jesus Christ these computer warriors ¬¬