Sign in to follow this  
soolie

Release - Template for custom Armed Orca

*Edit*

Even though I worked very hard on this, I'm happy to say that DreamRebel has released a much better version HERE

Be sure to check it out after you watch and like the video of mine ;p

Make a custom texture for the Armed Orca

Download

Edited by Soolie

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks a lot Soolie, it will definitely helps.

Can't watch the video in Germany: "this video may contain music copyrighted by UMG, and we could not negotiate with the GEMA about the usage yet" (GEMA=collecting society for copyright holders) *sigh*

Copyrighted music is really dispensable in this kind of videos, I'd think. But I'd even go so far to say that a few screenshots would do fine, so no problem here. Just for the next time, bear in mind that a technical demo video is completely great without some Justin Bieber whining in the background or whatever I'm missing here.

About the template itself, good job to sort out the different parts. However, texture editors should not start with just this template as base, or the result will look ugly (flat and without any details). Good proceeding would be to load the default texture from the BIS pbo into Photoshop (or whatever) and use this template only as a helper layer to locate the proper parts, but turn it off before exporting as texture. The default texture will give you all the details like edges, rivets etc., and if you want to apply a camo scheme, duplicate the default texture several times (once for each color in the camo pattern), change the color appropriately and erase the texture partly accordingly to the pattern.

Can't watch the video in Germany: "this video may contain music copyrighted by UMG, and we could not negotiate with the GEMA about the usage yet" (GEMA=collecting society for copyright holders) *sigh*

I agree that the music is totally dispensable. I had no idea that would happen, just hated the silence. Here's some instructions and screens from the video for anyone who can't watch it.

You can get the Images from the download in the first post.

Make a new folder in your mission root called "skins"

Put dled pictures in "skins" folder.

Put down an armed orca in the editor and in the init box put -

this setobjecttextureglobal [0,"skins\orca_template.jpg"];

template_orca2_zps614dc1f8.jpg

template_orca_zps2a938bbb.jpg

template_orca3_zps2899b879.jpg

template_orca4_zps941c44dd.jpg

Do you plan on releasing a Un Armed template?

Already working on it, it's pretty close to the armed.

Will release soon.

Deleted