Sign in to follow this  
Calthazar

Installing A3 on Dedi, Multiple Steam Accounts

So I'm one of 3 Admins for our dedicated server, the others have been busy recently as we just wiped and reinstalled everything on our Dedi. Everything except Arma 3 that is. Now, we have a steam account specifically for the dedi, but I dont have access to this, so I'm wondering if I install A3 using my account and then log in with the Dedi's account later will I have a UID conflict when I try to get on from my PC? (In other words will it swap to the appropriate UID for whatever steam account is currently running the game?)

AFAIK You can use the same copy of Arma3 for a dedi AND a client, but that is all.

What I meant is I have my unit has an Account specifically for the Dedi, it has its own copy of A3. However I dont have access to that account and instead of waiting the 1-2 days for someone who does have to come back on, I want to install the game from my account, my concern is that it will permanently have my CD key. I'm wondering if the Key will change depending on whos logged in. Generally we use the Dedi's account because that way we can run both server and HC when desired.

im pretty sure you can run the dedi server excutable directly without even logging in to steam

You only need a steam account to install and /or update the dedicated server package.

It is not needed to run the server.

If you install it with your account and then update it with another at a later point, it will not have any negative effect and will run as expected.

The tutorial stickied at the top of this forum explains Steam.cmd installation