Sign in to follow this  
Aralvar

How to fix muzzle flash bug?

I've searched for a solution to this without succeeding. I edited the Glock and removed the Flashlight (though the flashlight effect still works, still waiting on a fix for that) but now the muzzle flash stays there permanently. I've already tried the solution listed here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Muzzle_Flash_Bug When I try doing what it says and put that in my config.cpp I get the error message "No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgmodels/Default.sections'." when I try and preview it in the editor.

Here's my config.cpp:

class cfgPatches
{
   class Glock 
   {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {};
       requiredVersion = 0.1;
   };
};

class cfgWeapons
{
   class glock17_EP1;

class Glock : glock17_EP1
   {
       displayName = "Glock 17";
       model = "\post apocalyptic weapons\Glock 17\glock17";
       picture = "\ca\weapons_E\Data\icons\glock17_CA.paa";
       reloadTime = 1; //change this value to change the fire rate. 1 means there is 1 second in between each shot
   };
};

Edited by Aralvar

my guess wouldbe that you don't have a properly pathed model.cfg for your new model

post apocalyptic weapons\Glock 17\glock17

does the folder "post apocalyptic weapons" and "glock 17" really have spaces in the title? that will break it for a start

try

post_apocalyptic_weapons\glock_17

then in that folder you need yourconfig.cpp with contents as above

and a pboprefix telling the game that this is indeed the folder "post_apocalyptic_weapons"

make a pboprefix.txt file with content

post_apocalyptic_weapons

wherever your p3d isyou need a model.cfg with all the animations listed for the new model - you could copy them from the original... but rename the classnames to match your new gun

i'm actually not a modeler but this could help get you started.

Ah, didn't realize I needed a model.cfg. Should have known after reading those instructions. Doesn't matter though, when I do what it says and put that piece of code from https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Muzzle_Flash_Bug into my model.cfg, it says "No entry 'model.cfg/CfgModels/glock_17.sections'." And yes, glock_17 is the name of the p3d file. I changed it to avoid the script trying to load the original glock17 p3d or something. That's what it says to do on that page, and what they did for the original Glock 17 (they just put in the name of the p3d there, but for some reason it doesn't work for me). And as far as listing all the animations somehow in the model.cfg, are you sure? The original Glock 17 model.cfg doesn't contain anything like that.

you need a decent model.cfg with sections, animations etc for the model you're using. that's why you're getting that error.

look at some other pistols and see how they are written - the inheritance is key.