Sign in to follow this  
Xqlusive

Manhattan Life RPG - As Real As It Gets - In development

[/color]There are banks?

Yes, there are banks. And robberies will be scripted for civilians to do at their own will.

What if I want to play as a serial killer going around murdering everyone and everything in his path. Is that not reason enough?

Even though people are being rude, I am still posting our Dev Updates. So. Here is our first PD vehicle we finished today. Rims are complete trash right now. We took one of our civ models, so we are in the process of switching them to the Ford Police wheels.

http://i.imgur.com/OcWlQET.jpg

wtf never seen a cop car like that haha

Nice.

Development started 6 months ago my friend. Just for the record. "get lost kid". That statement there tells me your age group. Good luck.

I don't think you really know who Sequisha is do you... *cough *cough *epoch

But anyway, I wish you and your 'awesome indie game designer' luck.

I don't think you really know who Sequisha is do you... *cough *cough *epoch

But anyway, I wish you and your 'awesome indie game designer' luck.

No but I know who you are.

And I know who you are! :)

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but what precisely is the appeal of these "life sim" - games?

I've seen some of them on youtube, and they seem to follow a pattern in which people plan criminal activity, and cops inevitably respond, and it's a never ending cycle.

Is that it? Or do people actually want to simulate the doldrums of everyday life in a game?

If it's the former, wouldn't it be better to just call it "cops and criminals"?

I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but what precisely is the appeal of these "life sim" - games?

Tis rare when a question can be answered with a single picture, but...

8292174927_3885a96d42.jpg

This is a very strict, but high RP mod that is currently being developed by one of the leading indie game designers in the industry.

Jeeez... One of the worst advertisements i have heared for a mod so far. If it would actually be the case you would write a name instead of this rediculess line.

So now you are starting to threaten people ? Not cool dude, not cool at all.

And I know who you are! :)

http://who.is/whois/www.manhattanliferpg.com

Edit: ok i checked the other posts.. bad trolling or something *forgets about it*

Edited by Vasilyevich

Tis rare when a question can be answered with a single picture, but...

It goes even further than that, because by all accounts it seems as if some people want to create a world in which they know it will attract those who want to watch it burn... but, flip out when they attempt it.

:confused:

It all boils down to the RPG element when it comes to Life servers.

Some people like PVP, some like only against A.I. and some like PVP with roleplay. It can be quite fun if you have never tried it, especially when you meet someone who´s really good at acting and plays some deranged cop or whatever.

It´s certainly one of the most fascinating human experiments on the planet.

I also think that hardcore simmers should be thankful they exist because there´s probably 10 lifers/wastelanders on every milsim dude. There would most likely be quite a significant economic impact if they all left.

I simply cannot resist the temptations to say that your original post was just blinding, so many colors with lots of URL's of the same thing in an attempt to grab the attention..

But on to a question anyway, you say that Random Death-matching is against the rules in response to one who asked about roleplaying a psycho; well what people like this, right here.

People from the above link randomly killed others, it's a perfectly reasonable sense of roleplay. Obviously not going around the streets gunning down every person you see, but doing it in a way that serial killers do, why is that never allowed on roleplay servers? Aren't you roleplaying real life after-all?.

I think it is hilarious that these types of servers enforce laws by kicking/banning.

People get sick of playing under some oppressive laws - so they start their own life server up so they can be the cops. Then, they can't enforce their rules because they are (invariably) scrubs, so they kick the good criminals out instead of trying to capture/contain them.

end result: 20000 empty life servers.. each one of them with an artificial 'admin police force'.

I think it is hilarious that these types of servers enforce laws by kicking/banning.

People get sick of playing under some oppressive laws - so they start their own life server up so they can be the cops. Then, they can't enforce their rules because they are (invariably) scrubs, so they kick the good criminals out instead of trying to capture/contain them.

end result: 20000 empty life servers.. each one of them with an artificial 'admin police force'.

Based on what I've read it seems this is very much the case.

So do you have to sign up for anything to be able to download the mod? Sorry I don't really know much about these life mod stuff.

It all boils down to the RPG element when it comes to Life servers.

Some people like PVP, some like only against A.I. and some like PVP with roleplay. It can be quite fun if you have never tried it, especially when you meet someone who´s really good at acting and plays some deranged cop or whatever.

It´s certainly one of the most fascinating human experiments on the planet.

I also think that hardcore simmers should be thankful they exist because there´s probably 10 lifers/wastelanders on every milsim dude. There would most likely be quite a significant economic impact if they all left.

100% agree. Why bash a community of people who participate in a gameplay style you personally have never experienced?

And to the OP: Punishing crimes by kicks and bans? What shitty RP server have you been playing?

I don't think I've even seen a "cops and robbers" server before. Usually Roleplaying server offers gameplay to people not interested in PVP at all.

That being said, the description for this mod is misleading, as there's next to nothing to show for this mod currently. Asking for donations with notihng to show is a shitty move in my opinion.

Edited by eagledude4