Sign in to follow this  
Degman

"EU" Combat Block (Croatia, Italy, Slovenia, Hungary, Austria)

Ministry of Defence of Croatia, Italy, Slovenia, Hungary and Austria are about to create multinational combat block "EU". It should be operational somewhere around 2017., when all the paperwork and preparations are done.

I dunno if this is going anywhere, but it probably is.

Source: Defender.hr

article-gallery-big-1400154231_135.jpg

vojska_538445S1.jpg

[sarcasm] Great, now we'll finally have a supranational military body to ineffectively engage real or perceived threats in and/or outside of European territory. Can't wait to have to pay extra taxes for "our guys" shooting people for dubious reasons. [/sarcasm]

The Austro Hungarian empire is back ;)

If they let me be the emperor, I won't object. (Onlin petishun open now, safe us, safe urselfs, Lenioga for emperor, kthnxbye)

If they let me be the emperor, I won't object. (Onlin petishun open now, safe us, safe urselfs, Lenioga for emperor, kthnxbye)

Go home Grand Admiral, you are drunk!

So what will happen to the EU Battlegroups ...?

Edited by Maio

So what will happen to the EU Battlegroups ...?

I think this one is just another of the Battlegroups but with a fancier name, like the "EuroFor".

The Austro Hungarian empire is back ;)

Lol I thought the same^^

(But this time we a leaving the rest of the Balkan out, they make too much trouble, Italy gets to play with us :p)

Great, another EU Battlegroup that cannot be deployed unless every single member agrees to it providing it fits into their economic, political and ethnical policy, which is never. It's good for training purposes since all countries are in the same region, but that's about it.

It seems that after these recent "events", many nations have started to improve their military-cooperation with surrounding countries.

Even Sweden and Finland have been planning such cooperation too inside NORDEFCO.

It seems that after these recent "events", many nations have started to improve their military-cooperation with surrounding countries.

Even Sweden and Finland have been planning such cooperation too inside NORDEFCO.

Would be the logic step IMHO.

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Also:

( Yle ) Haglund: Suomi ja Ruotsi lähempänä Natoa kuin koskaan

Basically says that Finland and Sweden are closer to NATO than ever

Here is an another example for such organisation. Apparently it was even deployed in Kosovo and Afghanistan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurocorps

I dont understand why would they establish new EU multinational military units and not expand already existing ones.