Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

So whats your favorite part of nogova?

I have got to say the urban areas. Iv been waiting for this since i got OFP. MOUT training, here i come!!!

I voted for the urban areas, but the bridges are awesome too.

I really like that island north of the main island. The airfield is nice and I love the bridge connecting the two islands. I like that the island has apartments too.

I really like all of it. Honestly. But the urban areas are the best improvement.

I really like the bridges.....because I like to blow stuff up. tounge.gif

Can't fully appreciate the urban areas because the have been causing lag-o-rama on my PC. sad.gif

It's a tie between the bridge and urban areas for me. Picked urban terrain though. The office/apartment buildings are awesome. I love sniping from the roof.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pvt. Jackson @ July 17 2002,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The office/apartment buildings are awesome.  I love sniping from the roof.<span id='postcolor'>

HELL Yeah!!!! biggrin.gif  I love doing that. Play as a black op, and get your M21. Its anti-terrorist time!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 17 2002,19:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can't fully appreciate the urban areas because the have been causing lag-o-rama on my PC. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Awwww, poor you! confused.gif Well........rest assured, they fucking rule!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ July 18 2002,04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really like the bridges.....because I like to blow stuff up. tounge.gif

Can't fully appreciate the urban areas because the have been causing lag-o-rama on my PC. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

More Ram baby. I know a guy named Vinnie, he sells his stock out of the back of a truck- wait, you aint a cop, are you?  smile.gif

Personally I got the biggest laugh of the shitter about 600 meters NW from Victors home. Can't remember the coordinates now, at work. But in the first mission if you jog North west and come to the peak of the mountain overlooking the valley Victors house is in theres a Ted Kasinski (Unibomber) cabin with a nasty outhouse 20 meters away. You can even go in and sit down for a bit if you please.

Got to try a ambush mission like in "Young Guns" the movie where the old guy is shooting out of the shitter at everyone. Just to funny to find.

Otherwise I really like the hangar base about 1500 meters east of the main land ariport. Nice building with multiple levels, 4 or 5 hangars open and a fenced area surrounding it.

Wierd building, wonder what its purpose was?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lilwillie_WI @ July 18 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Otherwise I really like the hangar base about 1500 meters east of the main land ariport. Nice building with multiple levels, 4 or 5 hangars open and a fenced area surrounding it.

Wierd building, wonder what its purpose was?<span id='postcolor'>

Mabye just a factory ?

A factory, possibly. With the hangars around it could have been a munitions plant. It does look similar to the buildings in Badger Oridinance which produced ammunition until about 10 years ago. That plant has similar buildings to the one on Nogova. There are two old super computers on the upper level, look beat up. Much of the windows are gone, it looks abandoned.

If it was indeed that, that would have been a excellent mission for the Resistance campaign. Blowing up or taking over and stealing the ammo needed. Which in turn would have put a dent in the Russians supplies.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cpl_BOB @ July 18 2002,05:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">more bridges?confused.gif?confused.gif??

where where where. sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ehhem! biggrin.gif

GC-65

HJ-02

tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ July 17 2002,22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really like all of it. Honestly. But the urban areas are the best improvement.<span id='postcolor'>

Ditto.

Its a power station I think and a great place for a one flag CTF. It was great when my mate couldent get out so I rammed a hole through the fecne for him and he jumped in the back.

I really like the bridges. I like the urban areas too. The water is sooooo nice how the sun hits it.

Has anyone tried to land a chopper on victors office? It can be done but pretty hard too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jester983 @ July 18 2002,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Has anyone tried to land a chopper on victors office? It can be done but pretty hard too.<span id='postcolor'>

A Chinook or a Kiowa? tounge.gif

And my favorite part(s) of Nogova would be:

The new forests

The new terrain, rocky mountains, etc.

The bridges!!!

Those SWEET castle ruins at Gb28

The urban areas

And all the rest

smile.gif

I love BIS.

Uhm.. where to start?!

I love the bridge, like everybody else. I love the urban areas too, could have been bigger, but all those new buildings are very cool, and the terrain..

With my P4 2.0 with 512mb DDR, 80GB 7200rpm, GeForce 4 Ti4200, I can´t even play with terrain detail set at "very high", which is a good sign, it means I will still be playing with Resistance next year biggrin.gif I use "high" or "normal", then 1000-1200m view distance, looks great, with Nvidia AA turned on.

Incredible, Resistance is just incredible.

The desert airport (and surrounding area) on the SE end of Nogova. Awesome. Just awesome. Desert and duney. It even has some ruins in it and a big cliff like hill. That is just great.

p.s.- Why am I the only one voting for this?!

The airport is actually on the SW of Nogova...

N

^

l

l

W<------  -------> E

l

l

v

S

biggrin.gif

that might help u a bit.

Yeah, I like the airport too, but I voted for the urban areas.

I love the way that you can now storm large towns. Like you have about 15 squads to the SW of Petrovice and you set them seek and destroy waypoints in the centre of the russian infested main square..... bliss

The flats........

I was playing a coop mission, and the evac had gone FUBAR unintentionally.

With one of the players commanding the evac chopper, they hovered on the roof of the flats and saved my bacon....

Heck yeah! Best moment....