Sign in to follow this  
Raid

M1A1 MBT A2 Port

How about replacing thermal sight with ACOG on M240 in older M1A2 (not 2035)? Also strange is that commander in M1A1 can use .50 without turning out (like he is using Protector)

Also strange is that commander in M1A1 can use .50 without turning out (like he is using Protector)

Nothing strange:

In real world it can be fired from inside. ;)

Thanks for the reply. I seems to be a problem at my end, since no one else has reported the problem...

As soon as all the changes come through on final build I'll update accordingly. If all goes well that is.
that might take a while though. So if anyone needs a quick fix for personal use, do as I did and replace the M256 with the default "cannon_120mm" by BIS (https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Vehicle_Weapons#cannon_120mm) Works flawlessly and is not weird at all, you also get the same amount of ammo (32 sabot, 16 HE), so no balancing issues there. Maybe that is also something you can do officially, Raid, until you find time to look into the config change.

For some unknown reason, the machineguns don't cause any problems, even if they are custom built and should actually fall apart without the new config, but they do work (I'm not complaining^^). EDIT: they don't :(

Edited by Brainbug

Hi! Fantastic work thus far! However, would it be possible to see this mod be compatible with Old's Real Armor Mod sometime in the future?

Nothing strange:

In real world it can be fired from inside. ;)

But as we can see on this moovie, it doesn't work like Protector. It's conneted with commander main gun sights.

yes, it is just a simple optical system, like a periscope, not a computerized camera-display-system like CROWS or the like. At least in the video. I don't know if it is possibly being upgraded in order to give the commander NV and thermal imaging as well as laser ranging and targeting capabilities (also known as "hunter-killer", where the commander marks a target, assigns it in the computer to the gunner and seeks a new target already while the gunner shoots at the first - something that a few modern vehicles already feature, e.g. the SPz Puma). Remember, we are in the future ;)

yes, it is just a simple optical system, like a periscope, not a computerized camera-display-system like CROWS or the like. At least in the video. I don't know if it is possibly being upgraded in order to give the commander NV and thermal imaging as well as laser ranging and targeting capabilities (also known as "hunter-killer", where the commander marks a target, assigns it in the computer to the gunner and seeks a new target already while the gunner shoots at the first - something that a few modern vehicles already feature, e.g. the SPz Puma). Remember, we are in the future ;)

To my knowledge this system is used only on models up to and including the M1A1. The M1A2 .50 is operated with the commander turned out or, if equipped, inside via the CROWS weapon station. The "hunter-killer" role is used on the M1A2 only, which has the Commander's Independent Thermal Viewer mounted.

Hi

I noticed while testing performance on a scenario im making,that using a certain number of the M1A1 tanks,as opposed to arma3 default tanks,causes alot more fps drop.

Is it just me or do modded vehicles,this one especialy,cause performance issues somehow?

I cant honestly imagine why it would,but with testing diligently the last two days iv come to this conclusion.

Any thoughts or awnsers?

Hi

I noticed while testing performance on a scenario im making,that using a certain number of the M1A1 tanks,as opposed to arma3 default tanks,causes alot more fps drop.

Is it just me or do modded vehicles,this one especialy,cause performance issues somehow?

I cant honestly imagine why it would,but with testing diligently the last two days iv come to this conclusion.

Any thoughts or awnsers?

Yes you are quite right. My tank will cause more frame rate as the lights are not aggregated. The reason why I have done this is that if I did aggregate them you will get a weird glitch on the center of the tank's nose.

-Raid

So is there any way to fix this frame rate issue?

Yes, if you want a messed up light glitch just change the aggregate line in the config and re-build the pbo.

Yes you are quite right. My tank will cause more frame rate as the lights are not aggregated. The reason why I have done this is that if I did aggregate them you will get a weird glitch on the center of the tank's nose.

-Raid

Thanks for clearing that up,glad to know i wasnt going crazy with too much arma ;)

So what exactly does 'lights are not aggregated' mean?

It means that the head lights of the tank are set as two light sources instead of one. Hence it needs double the resources it would usually need to display the lights.

hey raid!

really thx for ur addon.

anyway after the last official update shit make ur addon be the soundless.

hope u got a plan for fix them!

hey raid!

really thx for ur addon.

anyway after the last official update shit make ur addon be the soundless.

hope u got a plan for fix them!

An update will come along shortly.

hey Raid, just to tell you theres a big problem with their accuracy

i had a M1A1 fire about 5 shots against 2 T-34s at 200 meters and didnt even hit once.

hey Raid, just to tell you theres a big problem with their accuracy

i had a M1A1 fire about 5 shots against 2 T-34s at 200 meters and didnt even hit once.

was this you firing it or was this an AI.

if it was you did you range the gun?

was this you firing it or was this an AI.

if it was you did you range the gun?

If you were firing it where you locking on or free firing?

it was AI

Sorry I don't know how AI use weapons so I really can't help.

Hi Raid

Can you make your MBT's zeus compatible ?

That would be great.

Hi Raid

Can you make your MBT's zeus compatible ?

That would be great.

To my knowledge there is no way to make a addon compatible. I believe you have to sync a manage addon module or something.

To my knowledge there is no way to make a addon compatible. I believe you have to sync a manage addon module or something.

You need to list down all variants of abrams in cfgPatches

class CfgPatches
{
class CATracked
{
	units[] = 
	{
		M1A1_Raid,
		Nato_Abrams_Tan_Raid,[b]
		M1A2_TUSK_Raid,
		M1A2_TUSK_2035_Raid,[/b]
		[b]etc[/b]
	}; /*,"M1A2_TUSK"*/
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredVersion = 0.1;
	requiredAddons[] = {"A3_Armor_F","A3_Data_F","A3_Weapons_F","A3_Characters_F","A3_UI_F"};
	author[] = {"Raid"};
};
};

hint: change your addon name in cfgPatches, current one, inheriting from A2, may cause problems with A3MP and saving.