Sign in to follow this  
Raid

M1A1 MBT A2 Port

I would but I'm not exactly the best Texture Artist.

I wasn't questioning you texturing skill. I was asking if it would be possible to increase the texture resolution so maybe others can perhaps work on better textures which I believe pastor399 has answered my question.

I wasn't questioning you texturing skill. I was asking if it would be possible to increase the texture resolution so maybe others can perhaps work on better textures which I believe pastor399 has answered my question.

The resolution of textures are not affected by the model. All you have to do is have the Texture file. What I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what size the texture is it will always work. The only key element it that it has to be square. 1024x1024. :)

Could we see some WIP screens of your new M1A2 tanks? ever think about making the new Abram mine clearing tank?

Could we see some WIP screens of your new M1A2 tanks? ever think about making the new Abram mine clearing tank?

I'll post some pics sometime. As for the Mine clearing tank. If you can provide a model I might, otherwise :/

Bit of an odd question for you, but do you think it would be possible to change the commanders 50 call to have all his ammo in just 1 box?

The reason I ask this, is there is currently a bug (widespread, I know it exists on the Kuma also), that after the commander fires off his 1st box and reloads, the next time he fires a shot, it auto switches the gunners weapon back to the cannon. Not good if hes firing coax at infantry.

I know it's not realistic, but it fixes the bug.

Bit of an odd question for you, but do you think it would be possible to change the commanders 50 call to have all his ammo in just 1 box?

The reason I ask this, is there is currently a bug (widespread, I know it exists on the Kuma also), that after the commander fires off his 1st box and reloads, the next time he fires a shot, it auto switches the gunners weapon back to the cannon. Not good if hes firing coax at infantry.

I would rather have the bug than all the ammo in one box personally.

Edited by flyinpenguin

I would rather have the bug than all the ammo in one box personally.

First part done, this wont go straight over the existing normal map, i can have them all finished to this level tonight hopefully........

Working at 4096x4096 for the actual files, so this preview is much lower res

8JqEEbSvFNkPgfTNUeY6xxXxdNlIPh28Y-EfGSLsIu8

Have tried the T-100 when there is a commander in the seat the gunner is basically not allowed to use the coax xD

The resolution of textures are not affected by the model. All you have to do is have the Texture file. What I'm trying to say is it doesn't matter what size the texture is it will always work. The only key element it that it has to be square. 1024x1024. :)

Ahh cool. Also would it be possible for you to use JSRS 1.5 sounds for the Abrams including weapons like coax and main gun? (Has much more of a gas turbine whining sound)

Ahh cool. Also would it be possible for you to use JSRS 1.5 sounds for the Abrams including weapons like coax and main gun? (Has much more of a gas turbine whining sound)

You see I can't just go ahead and start using another person's work. However you can always go and contact Jarhead and ask him.

-Raid

You see I can't just go ahead and start using another person's work. However you can always go and contact Jarhead and ask him.

-Raid

I understand that, thought you might want to do it. However I'm happy to ask on your behalf.

Just something to note, after some extensive testing done by myself and a few others from the unit I'm in, we notice there seemed to be an issue with the AP rounds.

By doing a direct comparison between the Kuma (The vehicle we use now), and the Abrams, it became evident that for some reason the Abrams was not firing an APFSDS round, and instead appeared to be shooting something similar to HE, even though AP was loaded. After switching to HE, it was clear the AP round was acting up,

One of the two tests worth noting was setting up a large shipping container, and placing a BMP behind it. The Kuma's round behaved correctly, penetrating the container and going into the BMP, destroying it. The Abrams, however, was completely different. The round impacted the container, and instead of going through it and into the BMP, simply exploded (Afaik, APFSDS has no explosive filler, so we shouldn't have seen an impact explosion, although we did - the Kumas round had no impact explosion).

The second test involved repeated shots to the front of a BMP-1 (RDS tank pack), which the Kuma is normally capable of destroying in a single shot. The Abrams rounds however were ineffective. It wasn't until changing to HE that it was destroyed after a few hits.

I noticed in the change log you mentioned reverting back to Arma 2 weapons, could this experience be the result of Arma 2 weapon settings not interacting well with Arma 3?

All in all though, it's still a pretty good. It's certainly a well put together mod, with the majority of any remaining issues being addressed when 1.7 comes out it would seem.

Just something to note, after some extensive testing done by myself and a few others from the unit I'm in, we notice there seemed to be an issue with the AP rounds.

By doing a direct comparison between the Kuma (The vehicle we use now), and the Abrams, it became evident that for some reason the Abrams was not firing an APFSDS round, and instead appeared to be shooting something similar to HE, even though AP was loaded. After switching to HE, it was clear the AP round was acting up,

One of the two tests worth noting was setting up a large shipping container, and placing a BMP behind it. The Kuma's round behaved correctly, penetrating the container and going into the BMP, destroying it. The Abrams, however, was completely different. The round impacted the container, and instead of going through it and into the BMP, simply exploded (Afaik, APFSDS has no explosive filler, so we shouldn't have seen an impact explosion, although we did - the Kumas round had no impact explosion).

The second test involved repeated shots to the front of a BMP-1 (RDS tank pack), which the Kuma is normally capable of destroying in a single shot. The Abrams rounds however were ineffective. It wasn't until changing to HE that it was destroyed after a few hits.

I noticed in the change log you mentioned reverting back to Arma 2 weapons, could this experience be the result of Arma 2 weapon settings not interacting well with Arma 3?

All in all though, it's still a pretty good. It's certainly a well put together mod, with the majority of any remaining issues being addressed when 1.7 comes out it would seem.

Whats funny is looking through the config for the Standard ArmA 3 AP round (Sh_120mm_APFSDS) it shows that this has less Hit Damage than the M1 Abrams, but has more indirect hit damage. Maybe it might be something to do on how one is AP and the other is SABOT?

m1_120_SABOT-

class m1_120_SABOT: ShellBase
{
	hit = 800;
	indirectHit = 10;
	indirectHitRange = 1;
	typicalSpeed = 1900;
	cost = 1000;
	deflecting = 15;
	airFriction = -4e-005;
	CraterEffects = "ExploAmmoCrater";
	explosionEffects = "ExploAmmoExplosion";
	simulation = "shotBullet";
	caliber = 33.33;
	timeToLive = 15;
	whistleOnFire = 1;
	whistleDist = 14;
	model = "\A3\Weapons_f\Data\bullettracer\tracer_red";
	tracerScale = 2;
	tracerStartTime = 0.1;
	tracerEndTime = 2.3;
	class HitEffects
	{
		hitMetal = "ImpactMetalSabotBig";
		hitMetalPlate = "ImpactMetalSabotBig";
		hitBuilding = "ImpactConcreteSabot";
		hitConcrete = "ImpactConcreteSabot";
		hitGroundSoft = "ImpactEffectsGroundSabot";
		hitGroundHard = "ImpactEffectsGroundSabot";
		default_mat = "ImpactEffectsGroundSabot";
	};
	class CamShakeExplode
	{
		power = "(180^0.5)";
		duration = "((round (180^0.5))*0.2 max 0.2)";
		frequency = 20;
		distance = "((180^0.5)*3)";
	};
	class CamShakeHit
	{
		power = 180;
		duration = "((round (180^0.25))*0.2 max 0.2)";
		frequency = 20;
		distance = 1;
	};
	class CamShakeFire
	{
		power = "(120^0.25)";
		duration = "((round (120^0.5))*0.2 max 0.2)";
		frequency = 20;
		distance = "((120^0.5)*8)";
	};
	class CamShakePlayerFire
	{
		power = 0.02;
		duration = 0.1;
		frequency = 20;
		distance = 1;
	};
};
};

Sh_120mm_APFSDS-

class Sh_120mm_APFSDS: ShellBase {
airfriction = "-3.96e-005";
allowagainstinfantry = 0;
caliber = 30;
cost = 500;
cratereffects = "ExploAmmoCrater";
deflecting = 10;
explosioneffects = "ExploAmmoExplosion";
explosive = 0;
hit = 500;
indirecthit = 12;
indirecthitrange = 0.4;
model = "\A3\Weapons_f\Data\bullettracer\shell_tracer_white";
muzzleeffect = "";
timetolive = 15;
tracerendtime = 3;
tracerscale = 3;
tracerstarttime = 0.1;
typicalspeed = 1680;
whistledist = 14;
whistleonfire = 1;
class HitEffects {
	default_mat = "ImpactEffectsGroundSabot";
	hitbuilding = "ImpactConcreteSabot";
	hitconcrete = "ImpactConcreteSabot";
	hitgroundhard = "ImpactEffectsGroundSabot";
	hitgroundsoft = "ImpactEffectsGroundSabot";
	hitmetal = "ImpactMetalSabotBig";
	hitmetalplate = "ImpactMetalSabotBig";
};
class CamShakeExplode {
	distance = "((180^0.5)*3)";
	duration = "((round (180^0.5))*0.2 max 0.2)";
	frequency = 20;
	power = "(180^0.5)";
};
class CamShakeHit {
	distance = 1;
	duration = "((round (180^0.25))*0.2 max 0.2)";
	frequency = 20;
	power = 180;
};
class CamShakeFire {
	distance = "((120^0.5)*8)";
	duration = "((round (120^0.5))*0.2 max 0.2)";
	frequency = 20;
	power = "(120^0.25)";
};
class CamShakePlayerFire {
	distance = 1;
	duration = 0.1;
	frequency = 20;
	power = 0.02;
};
};

@Lala armour-piercing fin-stabilized discarding-sabot

it's seems that explosive = 0; param is missing in sabot round

All I know is something is causing the SABOT round to explode on contact, rather then actually penetrate the target. It wont even go through a piece of plywood.

Although if the ammunition settings are a direct copy from A2, then I would chalk this one up to an error on BI's part.

http://i.imgur.com/I6qCwac.jpg (488 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/MbRTOjL.jpg (603 kB)

http://i.imgur.com/laFY9bj.jpg (389 kB)

NpLbvek.jpg

V1.7 |

Updated HitPoints.

Missile Detection & Alert System.

Tweaking Armour values. (Ongoing for the moment.)

Commanders turret is now using a Stabilized Axis.

Gunner Optics have been Changed.

Ammo count Tweaked.

Radar now displayed correctly.

Tagged most Class names to avoid mod clashes.

M2 ADS | However there is a bug. http://imgur.com/R4e42mV (8.64 kB)

M1A2 Added.

M240 ADS | Same Bug as M2.

Added Elevation to Commander's and Gunner's sights.

TWS Added to M2.

TWS Added to M1A2 M240.

Testing CameraShake

Added Zeroing to M2 and Loader's M240.

Disabled M2's Barrel animation.

Added M2 Barrel Exhaust.

Edited by Raid

Hey !

Is the altis defense forces bug still there ??

Hey !

Is the altis defense forces bug still there ??

It shouldn't. Hopefully.

Agreed with above, the Abrams is a very highly known tank, and still good looking, do you plan on making a version using arma 3 weapons (M1A3 Abrams prototype is said to be using a 120 mm cannon like the Kuma uses because its lighter) and also with the armor of the Slammer UP on tusk versions of the tanks (Becuase the armor)

(M1A3 Abrams prototype is said to be using a 120 mm cannon like the Kuma uses because its lighter)

Where it is said so? Currently nobody knows what gun will be used on M1A3 vel M1A2SEPv3. There are two options, modernized M256 gun which is used currently, modernization only includes ammunition data link enabling use of programmable HE ammunition. Or newly developed in USA, XM360E1 120mm smoothbore gun. XM360E1 is a tank version of the XM360 gun for lightweight platforms developed during FCS program. If XM360E1 would be standarized and put in to production, it would receive M360 or M360A1 designation. Both M256 and XM360E1 have nothing in common with Rh-120/L55 gun besides the same calliber then being smoothbore guns.

Where it is said so? Currently nobody knows what gun will be used on M1A3 vel M1A2SEPv3. There are two options, modernized M256 gun which is used currently, modernization only includes ammunition data link enabling use of programmable HE ammunition. Or newly developed in USA, XM360E1 120mm smoothbore gun. XM360E1 is a tank version of the XM360 gun for lightweight platforms developed during FCS program. If XM360E1 would be standarized and put in to production, it would receive M360 or M360A1 designation. Both M256 and XM360E1 have nothing in common with Rh-120/L55 gun besides the same calliber then being smoothbore guns.

here: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyweapons/a/abrams.htm

I guess nobody is looking at the pictures. Oh well.