Instructions found in download and on GitHub page

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Download

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Project GitHub

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Changelog:

Better cinematics

New info returned ( No. of passengers/ Vehicle weight)

Sounds and Messages more finely tuned

Edited by Soolie

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest
updated to latest version

This is an interesting concept will download, like the cinematic approach

I'm working on the helibot giving more information to the player.

Definite:

Passenger Count

Vehicle Weight

Possible:

Vehicle owner (for servers with buying cars)

Kill count

I'm open to any Ideas you guys have as well as any help (camera or helipad functions)

So PLEASE SHARE!

Would it be possible to slowly spin the camera around the heli, not just keeping it stationary?

Would it be possible to slowly spin the camera around the heli, not just keeping it stationary?

Ask and you shall receive, my friend.

New Update (V1.5) Includes:

Better cinematic (New video as well)

Returns new info (vehicle weight and No. of passengers)

Messages are more finely tuned.

Updating first post now.

Thanks a lot ToxicSludge! I had wanted the camera to pan around as well but was discouraged by the camera work(no experience with it). So, I dled a bunch of scripts with cameras and taught myself. Happy I did, I think I have a nice grasp on it now.

I probably should have mentioned this can be used for any vehicle. If you copied the files and changed the messages/helipad classnames to gas stations or whatever, you could run one system for helis and one for autos. Or you could just pull a car onto a helipad :) Maybe I will just make one for autos...........

Did you ever make one for land vehicles, or one that works with all vehicles? Also, can you put more than one of these in a mission?

Did you ever make one for land vehicles, or one that works with all vehicles? Also, can you put more than one of these in a mission?

I've come a long way in my coding abilities and am looking to jump back into arma. I'm going to start on a complete rework of this(including land vehicles). iirc any vehicle will trigger the repair/ refuel if you get close enough to any object with one of the classnames in the helipadinit.sqf. It will not display all the correct data though. I did not fully understand the configs at the time I made this.

I'd like to try this on my Stratis missions but i'm still new to editing Arma 3 files. Question about addind lines to my Arma 3. Can You please explain these instructions a little,

-----------------------

Installation /
To test this out:
Move the folder Heli_Repair.Stratis into your Arma 3 missions folder
Probably here - C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other 
Profiles\Soolie\missions

Load it up in the editor     --> ?   Load what into the Eden Editor?  If you mean that there will be a mission called Heli_Repair_Stratis to load? 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To add this to you're mission:
Copy the content of "init.sqf" and "description.ext"
Paste at the bottom of said files in your mission --> ? 

A few days ago to get  a respawn script into a Stratis mission I made. I had to place an 'init.sqf and a description.ext file in the folder of my mission. Those two files were not there prior to adding the respawn feature. The instructions of Your addon. say to copy and paste what on Your init.sqf and description.ext files to the init.sqf and description.ext files that i already have in my Stratis mission? Or is Your addon just for Your Heli_Repair_Stratis?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Put "Scripts" and "SFX folders into mission root (with 
mission.sqm, init.sqf etc..)   -->? What do You mean by 'mission root'? Can I please get the exact locarion i.e,    C:\User\Documents\Arma3\???????
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change options in "helipadInit.sqf" and "helipad.sqf" -->? Where do I find these files to do the 'option change'

I'm sorry that I have to bother You but not bring very good at programming and scripting. i just like to setup abd run dedicated servers. i do like to add mods addons to games i host (L4D2, CSS, CSSGO, Killingfloor and some BF1942 to BF4). I understand how to modify or edit when i have clear and simple to understand instructions. Please Help.

I'd like to try this on my Stratis missions but i'm still new to editing Arma 3 files. Question about addind lines to my Arma 3. Can You please explain these instructions a little,

-----------------------

Installation /
To test this out:
Move the folder Heli_Repair.Stratis into your Arma 3 missions folder
Probably here - C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Arma 3 - Other 
Profiles\Soolie\missions

Load it up in the editor     --> ?   Load what into the Eden Editor?  If you mean that there will be a mission called Heli_Repair_Stratis to load? 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To add this to you're mission:
Copy the content of "init.sqf" and "description.ext"
Paste at the bottom of said files in your mission --> ? 

A few days ago to get  a respawn script into a Stratis mission I made. I had to place an 'init.sqf and a description.ext file in the folder of my mission. Those two files were not there prior to adding the respawn feature. The instructions of Your addon. say to copy and paste what on Your init.sqf and description.ext files to the init.sqf and description.ext files that i already have in my Stratis mission? Or is Your addon just for Your Heli_Repair_Stratis?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Put "Scripts" and "SFX folders into mission root (with 
mission.sqm, init.sqf etc..)   -->? What do You mean by 'mission root'? Can I please get the exact locarion i.e,    C:\User\Documents\Arma3\???????
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Change options in "helipadInit.sqf" and "helipad.sqf" -->? Where do I find these files to do the 'option change'

I'm sorry that I have to bother You but not bring very good at programming and scripting. i just like to setup abd run dedicated servers. i do like to add mods addons to games i host (L4D2, CSS, CSSGO, Killingfloor and some BF1942 to BF4). I understand how to modify or edit when i have clear and simple to understand instructions. Please Help.

The "init.sqf" and "description.ext" are like optional things to tell the server to do...

They are not required by any mission to runn, however some scripts need to be pointed to the right folders, or servers need to load the right files.

If Heli_Repair.Stratis is just a folder put it in ...\Documents\Arma 3\mpmissions\ launch the game boot up the editor and find the name in the editor.

What he means to say is you can test it out first before using it on you missions on this way.

Whenever you want to use it on your mission(s) you have to copy the lines inside the "init.sqf" and "description.ext"  that points to the script to your own mission and wala.

If it is a PBO file... 

PBO extractor : http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16369