Sign in to follow this  
robbie84

Help with Tanks vs Infantry at Distance

Hi.

I've searched the net a lot about this and all I could find were similar questions but no answer.

Anyway, I am building a Warfare mission. I am 95% done for the test but one thing that is KILLING me is how USELESS tanks or any other 'shells' wielding armor vs infantry at longer distances.

I am testing my Warfare one Utes since it is a small island and I can get results and debug quite quickly.

Now, WEST is BLUFOR and EAST is OPFOR ofc playing on Utes and ss you all know there is a airport and a HUGE area surrounding it, especially on the south side with the big hill overlooking the airfield. For testing purposes WEST is North and EAST is South.

As squad leader leading AI with fully manned 4 TUSKS and 2 Bradleys I roll onto the airfield from the North (West side down the hill since it is farther from the other direction) I just get hammered from the hills in the south where OPFOR is with their RPGs. That is fine, but my armor is just standing there throwing smoke against RPGs and waiting for someone to come into MG range.

I want them to hammer the crap out of anyone they see with everything they got in their arsenal. I tried "Engage at will", "Scan Horizon", "Suppressive Fire", "Watch Direction", etc, etc but armor just won't fire shells unless they spot other armor or if I take control of the tank and manually fire. But that is not the point.

After trying everything game itself offers, I figured that this is game mechanic and there is no way AI will use heavy ordinance on infantry no matter what I do.

So I was wondering, is there a script or anything at all that will force AI to use shells on infantry at long range so that like 30k dollars spent doesn't go to waste in 1 minute? If nothing, as a means of 'self-defense' :)

I plan to make this option "Enabled or Disabled" so anyone can play as they like but I really want to put it there to be used who wants it. I do. I increased rearming costs (EASA for now) so it isn't imbalanced. Further testing will be required if I manage to get this going but for now I just want my tanks to fire HE on little guys 400m on the hill hammering me with higher tech RPGs (tho, ironsight RPG-7 is enough since my armor just stands still...) instead just standing there throwing smoke and waiting to use MGs ;(

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Edited by robbie84
edit :)

Thanks for the links!

Seems right what I was looking for. Gonna test it today.

Cheers!