Sign in to follow this  
egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain WIP]

Just realised, that Bornholm would look decent with the Vanilla AAF units, nevermind Danish or Bundeswehr units / MOD packs. Russian Naval Infantry as OPFOR?

Was that last one a question lol

I thiink I will use Bornholm with rhs units once it's released, BWmod and probably a few more things

Was that last one a question lol

I thiink I will use Bornholm with rhs units once it's released, BWmod and probably a few more things

Bornholm is going to look great with BWMod's units!

Hmm I wonder if egil considered using any arma 1 buildings, the Sahrani tv station would be good, the a2 apartment blocks are pretty much from ofp anyway lol

Besides my suggestion of a city hall square type thing earlier, maybe some other forms of goverment buildings could be cool

Bornholm Update September 1st

This video is about airfields and how AI handles them. Also a short overview of all the vegetation on the map of Bornholm. I've come pretty far and now I'm actually starting up on the last city: Rønne.

Bornholm Update September 2nd

A brief look at towns of Tofte, Muleby, Sorthat, Nyker and Aarsballe. Also taking a look at various hills and the famous echo valley (Ekkodalen).

Great update, airports look fantastic, seriously can't wait till we can all explore this beautiful island

Looks great, didnt you say you were working on the last tile that had some big cities on it or something? is that what this is, sorry I am not familar with the island.

Also, satmap looking great as always, and the island's size is really showing.

You might want to put some fences around the chernarus houses more though, the bases of them dont look particularly nice, and if its not gonna be enterable you should be able to use it for more cover/and or hide behind the fences.

You also mentioned gardens in the back of those city houses, I didnt see any but are you using the little chernarus blue greenhouse thingys, hopefully you are, they look nice.

Nicely done Egil! Been following this process for long and it inspired me back on the horse to learn how to make my own terrain's. I wanted to ask you, how did you get the sat image looking so good, surely you didnt take screenshots and paste it all together in manually ^^?

Cant wait to play it!

Looks great but i am missing some pavements, parking lots, squares, asphalted driveways and sealed terrain in general.

Looks great but i am missing some pavements, parking lots, squares, asphalted driveways and sealed terrain in general.

True, but it takes lots and lots of work to implement these in terrain. What Id like to see in terrains is rest stops along the roads :).

Good with wishes :) I'll try to manage pavements in the largest towns. But that will come when I'm done placing all buildings

A very impressive map and incredibly well designed. Well done EgilSandfeld !!

My jaw dropped, 400km² with that amount of detail, on top of that a huge pineforest in the middle of the map...

Awesome, can't wait to try this!

Are the locations (towns/villages etc.) configured already?

This would be necessary for scripting purposes, just want to know because some third party islands are really lacking in this area.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Grumpy, thanks a lot :)

I might have missed something. What is needed to be scripted in the towns?

Grumpy, thanks a lot :)

I might have missed something. What is needed to be scripted in the towns?

Just like BI are doing it, configuring towns, villages etc in the cfgWorlds, so scripts know if it's a capitol town or only a small village etc.

For reference, if you didn't know about this:

https://sites.google.com/site/islandconfigs/cfgworlds-overview/cfgworlds-names

Cheers!

The map is great. It would be amazing if you had a little creek at the bottom of that valley you were in on the quadbike. But again, the engine doesn't support ponds/creeks anymore, unfortunately. Great work, i love the map and i haven't stepped virtual foot on it yet.

That valley was very cool!

This will be one of the best terrains so far in the Arma series.

Just like BI are doing it, configuring towns, villages etc in the cfgWorlds, so scripts know if it's a capitol town or only a small village etc.

For reference, if you didn't know about this:

https://sites.google.com/site/islandconfigs/cfgworlds-overview/cfgworlds-names

Cheers!

Already got them in, but I have one question about it. Does the radiusA & radiusB just mean how big the text size is on the map or are those radii telling the engine the town borders? *** Ahh I see now: the radius is useful for these keypoints: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=61325 . Going to investigate that further. Thanks!

Already got them in, but I have one question about it. Does the radiusA & radiusB just mean how big the text size is on the map or are those radii telling the engine the town borders? *** Ahh I see now: the radius is useful for these keypoints: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=61325 . Going to investigate that further. Thanks!

Are there such a thing as radiusA & radiusB defining the city size? I haven't been able to find a dynamic way to find a city size yet, but I might have missed something.

Just dropping in to let you all know that I have finished placing all objects on the island!! Woohooo :D

Now it's time for the final adjustments and some testing.

Edited by EgilSandfeld

Just dropping in to let you all know that I have finished placing all objects on the island!! Woohooo :D

woohoo! :D

Edited by stlassen

Awwwwyus!