Sign in to follow this  
egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain WIP]

Fuckin' A, that's some impressive work right there!

I did a quick search but couldn't find an answer, are you planning on participating the MANW competition, cause I know a strong candidate to get my vote ;)

Holy shit, this new update is inspired work. EgilSandfeld you are clearly a talented terrain maker.

Hell, i would pay for this as DLC,

Donation inbound.

Hey, while I was looking around the classnames for a weed plant classname,

Offtopic: Anyone know the weed plant classname? PM ME please!:)

I found this "Land_molo_drevo_bs".

Image : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=296490358

It is a ArmA 2 dock prop of some kind, idk but looks like it might fit a little coastal town on Bornholm or something if you havent used it already.

Nice work on that though. :)

Maybe you should make a royal danish Army mod for this,I offer to help with some of the textures

I wouldn mind pitching in too. Let me know if there is anything i can help with.

I wouldn mind pitching in too. Let me know if there is anything i can help with.

Yes guys, please! We need DDAM updated to Arma 3 :) It would suit Bornholm so well.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10936

Thanks a lot guys, you're so kind :)

MANW, I thought they did not allow terrains?

@MikeTim: I'll find that model and start using it. Thanks :)

MANW, I thought they did not allow terrains?

Currently terrains can be submitted to the Addon category, and there was some mention of a possible Terrain category to be added to the contest later, but it wasn't confirmed.

Will it include the Hjemmeværnet ( National Guard ) ? that are the only units that are permanently in Bornholm

Not in the first release, the first pack will be MTS (Multicam) theme, second pack will be M84 theme :)

Allso i think your forgetting 1st and 2nd Light Recon, they live there too :) (yes i know the go on ops ect but the dont all go at once)

Hello, great piece of art. It looks really professionnal.

Have you still planned to make it A3MP dependent ?

I really hope that you can replace the Altis houses and buildings in the future. I mean greek houses on a Danish island is not giving you the right feeling.

Hello, great piece of art. It looks really professionnal.

Have you still planned to make it A3MP dependent ?

This is your lucky day today:

Bornholm for Arma 3 is now completely independent! That's mean you don't have to run A3MP or AiA at the same time as Bornholm, as my terrain includes EVERYTHING it needs. It's sort of self-sufficient :yay:

Nikiforos: I agree with you. However its so time consuming making models, so I have decided to step over that. Maybe in the future if somebody made a decent North European building mod with lots of models in I could swap them for the models we have now :)

aaaaand the file is 2 gb ;)

No, but seriously how large is it?

I really hope it is not over a GB.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this standalone.

I think A3MP is a great bandaid while custom maps come out, it adds so much size to any groups mod pack. This is great to see people such as yourself and the others pushing forward to add new terrains to this awesome game.

Agree it would help everyone if we could have buildings and vegetation packs to help those putting in the effort and time to make new terrains that would be awesome!

Great work!

ChristiansoeToBornholmLook.jpg

Hehe, MikeTim :) The size is currently 1.85Gb. But we live in 2014 (!) and if you don't have space for 2 Gb of pure-awesomeness on your PC or if you D/L link cannot handle 2Gb, I don't know what to say :) Quit whining and load up some mofo satellite-internet connection then or something :D

New video update! I've been busy. This video shows you Raghammer Firing Range located in the South. Also new colours on the sea and on the vegetation (including fixing some LOD switch pop-outs)

As always; I appreciate your inputs :)

Edited by EgilSandfeld

Nice!

The reason I was crying about filesize is that I have friends that live in the south, and they get like 200kbs.

Looks like I will have the force them to donwload it overnight, no way we are not playing this amazing map.

I get 80 mb/s i'm fine bro.

Nice work again.

Edit: Showing vid as unavailable now... :mad::mad::mad:

Man you posted the link too early! :mad:

It is still being processed!!!

Looks like I have to wait then.

Edit:

Really nice vid, hopefully you get the hang of the flight model soon.

Pink tint was weird, but I know you will fix it.

Edited by MikeTim

This just makes me more excited with every update! cannot wait!

Looking good the new update, I specially like the open spaces to have the option to fight bigger battles and the hill for snipers and so on. I really think the island is gonna be a great asset, and I love the green colors and the darker sea ( which make it more nordic ).

Personally I'm not much fan of the A3 green ugly towers, and the one on the hill look a bit weird IMO.

The radar building looks from the video a bit unprotected ( I don't know / I couldn't see if there are fences around ), the ones that I have seen in RL were always guarded at all times and with a good perimeter.

This. Looks. Amazing.

I can not wait for this map Egil, looking forward to release.

Do we have an ETA by the way? ;)

Yes, he (Egil Sandfeld) said that he wants to finish around october or later.

But we know its going to be released unlike vaporware from 30 other modders, so just be happy about that.

Yes, he (Egil Sandfeld) said that he wants to finish around october or later.

But we know its going to be released unlike vaporware from 30 other modders, so just be happy about that.

Good deal, thanks for the heads up.