Sign in to follow this  
egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain WIP]

Personally I'm not much fan of the A3 green ugly towers, and the one on the hill look a bit weird IMO.

The radar building looks from the video a bit unprotected ( I don't know / I couldn't see if there are fences around ), the ones that I have seen in RL were always guarded at all times and with a good perimeter.

Actually I think I'll move the Radar to somewhere safe instead. It's better to not have it up there on the hill.

Thanks for your kind words :) One of the hustles being a terrain designer is that you have to battle Terrain Builder + Buldozer. Today I've been spending 3 hours on trying to start Buldozer with the map data, but so far it's never come pasts start loading screen. It's normal for me, and I often spend hours just trying to restart the damn thing. Oh well, just a heads up that everything is not going smoothly. But when the stars and sun align I may again work in Buldozer ;)

This is your lucky day today:

Bornholm for Arma 3 is now completely independent! That's mean you don't have to run A3MP or AiA at the same time as Bornholm, as my terrain includes EVERYTHING it needs. It's sort of self-sufficient :yay:

Glad to hear this. Thank you, a lot.

Egil, when you are at a point where your map is working and you feel like mostly done with it etc.

When it is time you want to add or change or tweak things, considering adding in some chicken coop objects.

Those little things that I thought were power boxes at first (gg NYC) that were behind houses in chernarus.

Since you are using vanilla arma 3 buildings it might help make it seem less vanilla or something.

(No i dont know the classname) lol

Can't wait to test out this terrain with my buddies. :) keep up the good work!

The terrain is looking really good, keep at it and it will be nice to check it out

Wow- looking beautiful man..!

Your work on this Island is an inspiration to me- keep going, it's great to see this place come to life..! :)

I got time to update the sat layer yesterday, and...

Wow! This is probably the most affecting update I have done so far. The colors are way more natural than before. It's more relaxing to the eye. The switch between sat to ground textures are non existent as I have blended the textures from the ground onto the sat layer. It all blends extraordinary well!

Been cruising around for a long time today just enjoying the sunny pearl, and updating the sat layer was so important and I didn't even know that before.

I will post a video very soon as I get my recording software hopefully to function again. But dear follower - I think you will not be disappointed with this update :)

Its what we love to hear buddy keep up the solid work!

Can't wait for the video! So we can judge if it's really that good :D;)

Just saw it a few minutes ago for the first time and instantly subbed. Again, a terrain way too beautiful for war, but therefore a piece of land to die for :)

So glad, that there will be lovely made maps (like A2's F.A.T.A, Capraia, Isla Duala, etc.) for A3 too. Thanks a lot!

Yeah I said that about Afghanistan (the real country not a map) and agreed, some places are but this map is beautiful for sure.

Please tell me you're backing this up....

Oh I am :) Can't let this slide now.

Yeah I'll upload a video as soon as I get the video capture to work again!

I'll soon be finished with the current tile. The last thing is to place the city of Aakirkeby now, and I'll try to make a video of how that is placed and what my thoughts are on this. Some of you would like that insight so I'm trying that.

Any chance of a hi-ish res map so we can start studying the lay of the land ?

obviously we have http://goo.gl/maps/k8P8c

But I don't know how real to life you've been able to get it, i.e. scale etc ?

SJ

Edited by serjames

yay vid incoming!

Egil, did you read what I wrote about chicken coops before?

You should put some of the chicken coops from chernarus 4 authentic realism...

also, can you port the fish ai from cod? jk

You should put chicken coops behind some of the rural houses though.

idk if it is configged or what the model name is, but try finding "kurnik" as its the czech word for chicken coop apparently.

No clue why I made 2 posts just about chicken coops, but for some reason I think its a good idea lol.

If you need any help testing and recording some footage, little trailers etc. let me know, sir. I'd be more than happy to help as a fellow dane.

MikeTim I'm already adding chicken coops here and there :)

Thanks, Sethos. Maybe I'll contact you if I need assistance.

Update August 14 - Sat layer coloring

omg video :D

Cool that your adding chicken coops.

what about fish ai? can't make anything without fish ai

jk

Woah just saw the vid, holy crap nice!

Looks great, especially love the brown in the forest, looks like mud almost, how it should.

Those forests will be great for marching some troops in, and the roads look much more consistent from the high to low transition, nice work.

I have a slight request/suggestion, can you add a small marijuana field "p_fiberplant_ep1.p3d" (not a big one, not like more than 10 or 20 meters wide) to some isolated part of the map or something, since I wanted to do a drug raid mission but you cant place marjuanna plants with a script or anything (has to be in the map)

It sounds really specific but it would be cool to have just 1, for the possibility for a mission, kind of like a easter egg also I guess.

Edited by MikeTim
saw the vid omg yes

Looking really awesome! In fact practically looks completed from the last video. Really cool!