Sign in to follow this  
egilsandfeld

Bornholm, Denmark [Terrain WIP]

Das a big island. Videos look awesome!

If I ever get around to learning how to make buildings, I could probably help with creating some assets for any landmark structures if ya want.

That is a seriously seriously gorgeous island! Well done on the progress so far! keep up the hard work! i cannot wait to play this! If you need a tester PM me :)

Very nice project :) I'm glad too see a nice huge island is coming for A3.

I hope you'll get enough candies to stay up :p

This looks amazing dude, looking forward to release. Can i ask about your Tunø project, are you still working on it?

Looking superb ! cant wait to have a drive about on it :) keep it up

OH YES.

With Altis coming out as a nice large Island, the amazing woodsland alternative was Bornholm for me right from the start. I was almost going to look into map making just to be able to make it. I'm incredibly happy you're working on this :D

Thanks a lot for the overwhelming support! Really great to see :cool:

I've put Tunø to rest, because nearly all objects placed on that island had errors in the height correction + model errors. It is sort of doomed. I could however maybe start from the start, but then I would rather use my time on this instead.

Yes it's big, so don't expect it anytime soon :)

About custom buildings. I don't have the competence to make models myself, so I initially settles on just using objects from A2 and A3, which is actually a lot of material already. Although especially Bornholm has some distinctive churches, so if anyone has spare time and wants to do some of those, that would be awesome! Just PM me, we'll get into the details at that stage.

Joboland and Zoo is planned :)

---------- Post added at 16:29 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

Update from May 14

Hey, what trees do You use? I see some nice ones (not standard).

I like this, don't take this the wrong way, but its an A2 style terrain for A3. Should make it more realistic to play. I see a few original buildings and foilage from prior games in the series, which is good. What is performance like in SP (editor)? also can the clutter be minimised around buildings a little? Just seems noone ever maintains their gardens around the arma gaming world or 'BI' world. Which you can perhaps expect in some parts of the world, but I wouldn't of thought it applied to Denmark, or does it?

Looking forward to this terrain and wish you lots of luck with it.

:)

I like it so far. :) Great stuff. I do realize that stone buildings of this mediterranean type are very anachronistic.

Looking great! Sort of made me want to go there.. just for comparison :D It's not that far away after all

PLS release it as standalone later, without @A3MP. If that is possible, i can guarantee you a full server at eutw.net.

Hi EgilSandfeld..!

Wow..! VERY impressive and beautiful island man..! Fantastic to have such an atmospheric island and it's really good you're putting up these informative dev videos for people to see too- I for one am watching and waiting for them!

Keep up the great work man! :)

Thanks a lot :) Yeah I might be able to decouple Bornholm completely from A3MP, but that won't be the focus right now. Now it's just work work work :)

Are you going to release an earlier or an Alpha version of your map? It looks almost finished in most parts :D

Update May 15:

Update on Sat and normal map layers. These images are actually old now, as I have adjust further. But I wanted you to show Bornholm a bit from above as well :)

Thanks for posting the videos! It's nice to see how the map is progressing.

Keep up the good work! I can't wait to try it out!

Update May 21

Been working on getting the sound scape right for the natural ambiances on Bornholm. Since it's a Scandinavian island, it definitely needs Scandinavian wild life sounds. And this is mostly birds, birds, birds :) Still working on them though!

And some samples are not being triggered. I think it's sample 8-xxx, while the first 8 triggers once in a while. Still testing that though.

One up for the standalone island. Also I support the idea to keep clutter around houses minimal and would like to see some extra emphasis on the nice fields. All looks great so far though. It would be awesome if someone could help you out with a few buildings

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk