Revan9190

Command and Conquer: Tiberium Universe Release Thread

On 9/7/2017 at 10:49 PM, revan9190 said:

I need to see how well one vs a GDI Medium Tank will do and if it stands ANY chance at all. Then I'll see how many it actually takes to take a GDI Medium Tank out!

An M2A2 isn't going to stand up to an M1 or any other modern MBT. Even with a bigger gun. 2 or 3 using both the launchers and the guns could cause some harm though. But the M1 is going to return fire. I'd say 2 out of 3 of the M2A2s will be destroyed in any dust-up.

But that's consistent with the fluff for the games. It was never meant to engage MBTs directly. Not one on one. Numbers and combined arms. And maybe some sneaky tactics could make up the difference.

They will do very well against infantry and lighter vehicles. The way I have it is similar to a BMP 3 turret. A main gun. A 25mm gun. A launcher. And a coaxial 7.62mm MG.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Macser said:

An M2A2 isn't going to stand up to an M1 or any other modern MBT. Even with a bigger gun. 2 or 3 using both the launchers and the guns could cause some harm though. But the M1 is going to return fire. I'd say 2 out of 3 of the M2A2s will be destroyed in any dust-up.

But that's consistent with the fluff for the games. It was never meant to engage MBTs directly. Not one on one. Numbers and combined arms. And maybe some sneaky tactics could make up the difference.

They will do very well against infantry and lighter vehicles. The way I have it is similar to a BMP 3 turret. A main gun. A 25mm gun. A launcher. And a coaxial 7.62mm MG.

Yeah, exactly the point I was trying to get at. Even in-game, in the original game, I sent two-three light tanks against a medium tank, and 2 out of 3 were destroyed, with the last one extremely damaged. I specifically remember this, not sure why.

I'm definitely going to be making a demonstration video for it, and other units/vehicles. Kind of like intelligence videos.

C&C Renegade-era style Nod Uniforms/vests going rather well. Now I just need someone to edit them to have the 'gas mask' style helmets (with red-lenses). The rest of the body is looking good, though. Just give them a Cobretti AR-70...bam. Going to do GDI soon as well (as well as Military Police variants). These units I just did look pretty good, and close-ish to the source material to be passable (and I think my own take on them looks pretty nice, will get screenshots soon). I'll have to make it where the Officers have the berets, though, which I can snag from the model I used for the Nod Commando (and have him use the same textures for the body as the other ones).

As far as the Tesla Coil, going to take the suggestions I got and keep working on it. :)

I'm having this weird problem where every unit (of my new Renegade-style soldiers) has the same face (with glasses). I double and triple checked the config to make sure it was just like the other ones in terms of xicht_a.paa, and the rest of them, under the 'wounds' bit. I'm unsure as to why they all have the same face - the others don't have the same faces, so I'm really confused why this is occurring.

Anyone have an idea why it's not varying the faces like it's suppose to?

Otherwise they look pretty good! Managed to make an entire squad with cfg_groups (I made the positions a bit weird. Will have to figure that out, but they do spawn in correctly).

The most common mistake is to forget to define the p3d in the cfgmodels section. Another mistake is the head not being part of the osobnost section.

3 hours ago, ProfTournesol said:

The most common mistake is to forget to define the p3d in the cfgmodels section. Another mistake is the head not being part of the osobnost section.

Thanks! I'll give it a look.

Edit: Sure enough, I forgot to look at the CFGModels section! Thanks, Professor! :P

Edit - 2: Here's some screens of them in action!

Spoiler

t4VVq1H.png

Spoiler

X9Z6sYT.png

Spoiler

QKjMxSl.png

Spoiler

Gg03Jc2.png

Spoiler

HZnf2qg.png

As you can see, they have Light Buggy support too (I figured it was a good idea, since I had two squads full of infantry on both sides. This skirmish took place at Al Busayyah.

Spoiler

FJtbKJG.png

Spoiler

HzmjADl.png

Spoiler

QgTr7DH.png

Spoiler

U1CwZzD.png

Edited by revan9190
More screenshots!
  • Like 3

Just thought I'd post pictures of the Allied crew.

N974oZr.png

UkCVIqy.png

@Apocalypse83 and @Macser have been helping me on a few surprises for the latest releases. Expect more updates soon. This is just a fun unit that I included in revn_ra_rinf.pbo. I'm including machinegunners, rocket soldiers, and grenadiers next, so expect that soon. I need to figure out the problems with the flamethrower, but I have people talking to me about it. The mod is far from dead. :)

• Like 3

"Reinforcements have arrived...."

Before Nod became a force to be reckoned with, we had the Soviet Union under the command of Comrade Chairman Josef Stalin.

09Kgm7b.png

And before GDI, we had the Allies....

EvMgJvk.png

The way I have it is that the Red Alert timeline started with the Allies' victory.

The Tiberium universe was from Soviet victory.

At least that was the original intention by our beloved Westwood.

I just got done finishing the Grenadiers for both sides and also Machinegunners. I'll eventually make snipers and such. While a nice thought, keeping completely to the unit layout of the original games would cause some...chaotic and unfair advantages within the engine, which relies on a bit more "realistic" gameplay (no running and gunning like in CoD and Battlefield, y'all). We have some more surprises slowly coming. Both from the Red Alert timeline and the Tiberium timeline. Pictures soon. I'll release some updated .pbo's later, along with my custom revn_snds.pbo and custom WW4 config. No telling when that will be. I tend to like playing the mod with WW4, but I'll try and make it where you won't necessarily have to use it, although it's heavily recommended. And people will be free to use their own configs as they please.

• Like 3

"For the foreseeable future? Comrade Chairman, I am the future!"

KRLQUfi.png

Apoc has worked on this...famous individual... a lot in recent days. We now have our leader, Kane! I think he's done a great job. If I remember the conversation right, he'll probably do some fine tweaking. I think the face is pretty much final (I can certainly call it that, myself. Looks bloody brilliant!), but there will be some tweaks config-wise here and there and adding "wounds", adjusting stats, you know. So, we've been working really hard. More to come soon!

• Like 3

Unfortunately due to a hard drive issue, I lost the extra infantry I made for the Red Alert and Renegade-eras, along with the extra Soviet/Allied vehicles.

However, I remade the Renegade infantry and will work once again on the Red Alert infantry in the future. There was also a new release of C&C BR including a plethora of new things including, but not limited to: Stealth Tank (unfinished interior), GDI/Nod Repair Bays, Fences, Walls, SAM Site, Turret, Advanced Guard Tower, new Nod Light Tank model.

You can download beta 4 here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t45b72wrexsgr05/%40CNCBR.zip/file

And the new Renegade-style infantry in this updated infantry.pbo

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mnao2ca5w8g755o/revn_td_in.pbo/file

Remember: One vision, one purpose! PEACE THROUGH POWER!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1