Revan9190

Command and Conquer: Tiberium Universe Release Thread

4 hours ago, Apocalypse83 said:

I think you should keep your grey and black camo BIS Bradley in any case, it looks authentic. Maybe you could try blending the two texture sets together, they should fit. I've been practicing with Blender so if I ever work on it again it will be from scratch. The original Bradely model is warped so it will always be impossible to get it looking perfect.

Don't suppose you'd want to team up later down the line? I know you have your own projects, but I don't think I can do all this alone. Kind of overwhelming. I don't know how @Macser and @Lenyoga do it! lol That is, not sure how far in Blender you've gotten.

Just thinking aloud. I think I'll take your suggestion here about the Bradley textures. I know I think I'm doing good regarding modeling the buildings. I wanted to ask people here: Should I keep the circular dish or favor a rectangular one instead? The circular dish was an absolute bitch to get there proper. I think what I need mainly is help texturing the models I'm making. Been watching videos but always have trouble following them. Maybe I'm stupid?

I just created a page on Facebook should any of you like to watch the progress there too.

https://www.facebook.com/CNCBROFPMod/

And I definitely need to maybe update the download link if I haven't already. I THINK the readme is up to date (feel free to correct me, everyone). @=SappeR=, I'm trying to pinpoint which of the addons have 1.99 instead of 1.96 or simply 1.9...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revan9190 said:

Been watching videos but always have trouble following them. Maybe I'm stupid?

Some people are just suited to it. Some develop the skill. Some appear to have an innate ability. Watching videos is no guarantee it will be absorbed and be something you can use creatively. I know people who are very intelligent, yet can't get much further than drawing stick figures. Videos also very in terms of the information presented. Often you'll find folks who aren't much further along than you are, doing "tutorials". It's handy for a bit of trouble-shooting. But maybe not so good with something like art. If you want to learn about art, learn from artists. The same techniques apply to creating textures for games. Even more so for a diffuse only title.

I'm not trying to put you off though. I think you can get far with some study. That's the skill part of the equation. That's the thing most people can do something about. Innate ability on the other hand is likely genetic.

1 hour ago, revan9190 said:

don't know how @Macser and @Lenyoga do it!

Mainly stubbornness I think. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macser said:

Some people are just suited to it. Some develop the skill. Some appear to have an innate ability. Watching videos is no guarantee it will be absorbed and be something you can use creatively. I know people who are very intelligent, yet can't get much further than drawing stick figures. Videos also very in terms of the information presented. Often you'll find folks who aren't much further along than you are, doing "tutorials". It's handy for a bit of trouble-shooting. But maybe not so good with something like art. If you want to learn about art, learn from artists. The same techniques apply to creating textures for games. Even more so for a diffuse only title.

I'm not trying to put you off though. I think you can get far with some study. That's the skill part of the equation.

That's the thing most people can do something about. Innate ability on the other hand is likely genetic.

Mainly stubbornness I think. :icon_biggrin:

To be fair, I didn't know crap about coding for OFP or re-skinning for....several years, until in 2014 when I finally had it click. Maybe I can finally get it to absorb. I know I want to get some basic textures on that Repair Bay, though to be honest, I'm not sure if it'd be pointless considering your helipads already repair and rearm. Maybe it can be used as a fast repair building. Hopefully I can have it where you drive on it and you just instantly get repaired, but I think as far as this goes you'd have to manually repair it like everything else. I'll keep watching tutorials, but any assistance from people here is appreciated. I'm thinking too far ahead, because I really want to finish the TibDawn era buildings, weapons, vehicles, and units. There really isn't a lot left. I was going to use the SCUD as a temporary SSM Launcher for Nod/Followers of Kane. I think I'm on the right path for the models themselves. Thanks again for encouraging me. I'm in a terrible bout of depression lately, and not as motivated for this as I want to be, and I want to continue to deliver this product to the public and take a break for awhile. I am grateful for all those that helped me and got me to this point! Thank you all and I hope I can keep it up. This mod will NOT die, I assure you all that. Progress may be slow right now, but it's still there. COMMAND & CONQUER WILL NEVER TRULY DIE! Just like OFP. :D

Also...

Anyone know the people who made the SIDAM for the G8 Urban War mod? Kinda wanted to use it for GDI's SIDAM 25, as I already have textures for the M113 I did and I think it'd fit pretty nicely, but obviously I'd have to reskin the turret part. GDI really needs some proper anti-air other than the Mammoth and heavy machine guns. Sorry I asked this already. I just don't want to use it without permission, and seeing as though the visual consistency would go with the M113 I already have....it's perfect.

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=2064

I really would also like an M3 Halftrack with a Quad .50 to serve as the Quad Cannon for GLA in the future, but for now serving Libya until they join the much larger GLA, and only know of a few mods that have them.....was going to give it Libyan crew and reskin it to be desert colors to match the Scorpion and Marauder tanks. I was going to give Libya a Hind and Mi-17, as well as the SU-25 and BMP.... thoughts?

http://cnc.wikia.com/wiki/Global_Liberation_Army

I'll eventually include more factions for west, independent, and east, centering on the Mao Civil War in Chad. I forgot if @krzychuzokecia said I could use the units of TOYOTA Wars, because that'd be perfect for this. >_<" Wow, @zulu1 was right. I'm such a name dropper!

• Like 1

Get it while it's hot!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jx9parcij7fvtda/%40CNCBR-B3.1.zip?dl=0

"Just do it up!"

*CURRENT ISSUES LINED IN THE README*

This is an amendment to the 5T trucks, because I forgot to compile the textures of the hood of the truck to get rid of the caution lines, which were a bit sloppy, but also unnecessary.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vvajgcjlvyxu8a8/CNCBR 5T Update.zip?dl=0

Edited by revan9190
Added updated textures of 5T trucks
  • Like 1

Before I release another small update (fixed the Allied and Soviet Rifle infantry, will add cfg groups to them soon), here's a preview of the cannons of the Heavy Tank (T-80 with twin barrels). The tank is OP A.F., but you can hear the sounds. If there's any FPS drops, I'm sorry. Don't have the most powerful computer. This video was uploaded on a new channel dedicated to the mod. I'm going to be adding my older videos to it too.

On 8/31/2017 at 1:51 AM, revan9190 said:

Don't suppose you'd want to team up later down the line? I know you have your own projects, but I don't think I can do all this alone. Kind of overwhelming. I don't know how @Macser and @Lenyoga do it! lol That is, not sure how far in Blender you've gotten.

Yeah I would like to team up later down the line, I'm a big fan of the old C&C Red Alert and Retalliation imparticular. I think Fwatch could be the key to a good C&C engine for OFP.

I've been learning quite a bit from watching Blender tutorials. Some can be annoying but it's good when you find a tutorial that gets what you want done. I learned how to import and export models, install plugins, mark seems UV unwrapping, texturing and normal mapping, scaling and modelling. It's all very amazing. I want to try and import the BIS Bradley and edit the model and retexture the whole thing manually, that will be the first thing I do. Good to know it's not impossible now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apocalypse83 said:

Yeah I would like to team up later down the line, I'm a big fan of the old C&C Red Alert and Retalliation imparticular. I think Fwatch could be the key to a good C&C engine for OFP.

I've been learning quite a bit from watching Blender tutorials. Some can be annoying but it's good when you find a tutorial that gets what you want done. I learned how to import and export models, install plugins, mark seems UV unwrapping, texturing and normal mapping, scaling and modelling. It's all very amazing. I want to try and import the BIS Bradley and edit the model and retexture the whole thing manually, that will be the first thing I do. Good to know it's not impossible now.

I'd definitely like to experiment with schemes. One being the gray one I just got done with, which actually looks stellar with your textures, the other being the camo (might update it after modifying your textures yet again), and then maybe the Renegade scheme (I'd love a Renegade Light Tank model down the line...I have a massive list to do). I have the old one and your new textures (modified of course, but I do have your original textures in the archive for a normal one). I was going to do the same thing with the Nod APC, so people can definitely have variants on the field at any given time (will consolidate files at a later time).

Here's a shot: Qe5tcbc.png

CRTMxbG.png

m4mRywD.png

I'd definitely love some help on Red Alert, of course. I might do the tanks for the Allies based on the cinematics, so with that I'd make the Medium Tank the Abrams (which IRL it's actually a heavy main battle tank, but whatever) and the Light Tank would be the M60 (which is also a heavy tank, but...you know. I might use that M47 that modemmaik gave me for the Army Men mod, which is on the back burner compared to this mod).

If I had permission to use the M24 Chaffee, that would be better for the light tank, or even an M41 Walker Bulldog!

Thankfully we have Mammoth tanks provided by @=SappeR= (excellent, more classic looks, might make the cannons a bit bigger) and Silverhawk (Renegade-style...massive).

I'm going to continue slowly modeling the buildings I've been making in Blender (that sounded a bit redundant). Also people should prepare for another trailer sometime soon. If I can get the Allied, GDI, and Nod logo in .paa format to replace the west01.paa's and east01.paa's on vehicles instead of deleting those parts in O2, that'd also be excellent. But texturing them on for right now works.

• Like 2

Hey Revan,

I really enjoy your work. I ran into a problem when trying to play with the special forces on the west side. For some reason, my game just hangs up and I have to close it using the task manager. Other than that and something that needed version 1.99, all is good :happy:

5 minutes ago, swillis12931 said:

Hey Revan,

I really enjoy your work. I ran into a problem when trying to play with the special forces on the west side. For some reason, my game just hangs up and I have to close it using the task manager. Other than that and something that needed version 1.99, all is good :happy:

I have since then fixed the problem with the Special Forces. Also trying to find that 1.99 thing. I'll be uploading them once I get done adding a much needed unit to them. :D

Also, I forgot to exclude the F-22, because I don't remember getting permission for it from Gachopin. My bad. I'll make sure it's not in the next version. I don't even know how to contact him. :/

Making this a separate post. This is the fixed Soviet & Allied Rifle infantry (which you can see screenshots a few pages back), as well as GDI & Nod Commandos. Now with an added sniper unit for both GDI Special Forces and Nod Black Hand (they both utilize the M21 for fast sniping).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlqvylakb5hlnjg/Unit Fixes - CNCBR - 922017.zip?dl=0

Delete sov_rinf, all_rinf, gdi_cmdo, and nod_cmdo and place revn_td_cmdo and revn_ra_rinf there in their place. :)

Here's a couple nice shots. They allowed us to show their faces on social media so long as I didn't provide their locations, because...you know...classified...

GDI Special Forces

zOMBCfD.png

Black Hand

OQnKkll.png

• Like 1

I like what you've done with the textures, the Bradley looks better than before. It looks like dirt and wear rather than camo, but still great.

Yeah I think you should've pixelated the faces of the Special Forces. You've kind of blown their cover!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Apocalypse83 said:

I like what you've done with the textures, the Bradley looks better than before. It looks like dirt and wear rather than camo, but still great.

Yeah I think you should've pixelated the faces of the Special Forces. You've kind of blown their cover!

I was going to go back to the older one and copy these textures over to that one and add a better camo to it. This is the alternative scheme. I'll probably consolidate them later. Yeah you're right about the pixelation. I guess they're doomed now.

"BEHOLD! THE TECHNOLOGY OF PEACE!"

• Like 3

On 02.09.2017 at 10:33 PM, revan9190 said:

I don't remember getting permission for it from Gachopin.

If this guy has long been not active in the OFP community (or maybe even on the whole Internet), so just enough to indicate its authorship. Isn't it?
And I also think that it may be worth it to use more resources from ArmA: Sample Models ?

7 hours ago, =SappeR= said:

If this guy has long been not active in the OFP community (or maybe even on the whole Internet), so just enough to indicate its authorship. Isn't it?

I don't know. I've got a whole mod unreleased (Conquistador mod) cause i cannot reach an island addon maker, which my mod is based on (only slighlty modfifying his island by removing modern stuff on it).

Ah, I see. Shame you can't release the Conquistador mod. I love your projects.

I was going to attempt to remake islands based on C&C's and Renegade's maps/levels. I'm not sure how difficult it would be to use my objects (the buildings provided by Macser and Tiberium fields) to make pre-fabricated GDI and Nod bases on the map so that I don't have to place all the buildings manually. I need to finish the buildings and vehicles, and weapons, to truly call this mod complete.

I'm not sure I can do this alone. I'd need permission for some models that are already made for the community (C-130 for Nod, M270 MLRS for GDI, stuff like that), but a lot of modders are difficult to get into contact with. I'm going to need to assemble a team of people willing to continue to help with units and models, because my patience with Blender has been very low when it comes to modeling, in addition to my chronic back pain and other physical ailments (not by Tiberium, I assure you. :P). I'll post a list of what I need finished, and the rest will hopefully fall in line.

Also how would people feel if I made C&C 3 Nod & GDI schemes on a few of the vehicles, just for fun?

I know I definitely want to make a Tiberian Dawn era version of the Nod Militant, which is little more than what looks like college students with body armor and hoodies. They'd have a mix of weapons gathered up. They would have evolved into the Followers of Kane, which in turn would eventually become the Black Hand we know in lore. The Nod Regulars basically received weapons from Germany and uniforms/helmets from Soviet/Russian corporations (almost a PMC).

But I'm blabbering on, to recap: I think I need a team. It's stressful and overwhelming doing everything myself (although fun and helps me tune out the rest of the world...). If anyone would like to help out, let me know. It doesn't have to be Macser quality, although I really wish it were. Again, I'm so sorry @Macser.

On the brightside, I've made a ModDB page yesterday and have been adding to it.

Proper credits have been given.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-conquer-brotherhood-rising

#ShamelessAdvertising #ZeroConfidenceInAbilities

• Like 1

Shit happens as the saying goes. I'll get over it. Good luck with the project. I'll be around to offer advice. But that's about it for now.

• Like 2

Thanks, Macser!

I'm devoted to getting it done. :)

I was thinking about making a "Rambo"-type Commando for GDI. Was thinking closer to Havoc from Renegade or Logan Sheppard, son of Brigadier General Mark Jamison Sheppard.

They need the headband and everything. Not sure as to what weapons to give him, maybe an M60? Rambo indeed! Any suggestions for units for me to try, just give them here. :)

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 1:20 AM, revan9190 said:

I was thinking about making a "Rambo"-type Commando for GDI. Was thinking closer to Havoc from Renegade or Logan Sheppard, son of Brigadier General Mark Jamison Sheppard.

They need the headband and everything. Not sure as to what weapons to give him, maybe an M60? Rambo indeed! Any suggestions for units for me to try, just give them here. :)

I like the idea of a Rambo with an M60 and chain ammo. You could name him something else and just base him on Rambo.

I was thinking that Tanya would be a great idea, although that would be for the Red Alert series. There is a good female soldier model in the WW4EXT recources. It would be interesting to experiment with that, and working on a special cannon that she can wield.

I'm currenty strapped for disk space and browsing for am external SSD. I did want to experiment with commandos at some point, one of the most vital items for C&C I think.

2 hours ago, Apocalypse83 said:

I like the idea of a Rambo with an M60 and chain ammo. You could name him something else and just base him on Rambo.

I was thinking that Tanya would be a great idea, although that would be for the Red Alert series. There is a good female soldier model in the WW4EXT recources. It would be interesting to experiment with that, and working on a special cannon that she can wield.

I'm currenty strapped for disk space and browsing for am external SSD. I did want to experiment with commandos at some point, one of the most vital items for C&C I think.

I think that'd be great, especially, if you could work more on the Red Alert side if you'd still like to combine efforts here. You're way more versed in Red Alert than I am. And if you get into more disk space, maybe you can even touch up the Soviet Mammoth from Silverhawk...and even the Heavy Tank model (I wish I could use the RHS or even the ORCS T-80U, because that's what the render is in the cinematics...twin-barreled version...the BIS T-80 can only get someone so far). The closest gear I'd recommend giving the Allies would be the Vietnam era U.S. gear, with M16's (original M16, not A1, or A2...could be an A1, though, maybe), etc. Or even whatever else, because the Allies were primarily Germany, the US, the UK, and France, I believe, and of course others.

If we all remember, since Westwood's original intentions for Red Alert was a prequel to TibDawn, the Soviet victory led to the Tiberium universe games (Stalin was poisoned by Nadia Zelenkov by means of tea...in London...how appropriate. lol). I'm outlining this in the long story I'm writing in conjunction with the mod (I'm going to be posting it on FanFiction.net, so...), and one of my points was that the Soviets invaded the UK, which was the last straw on the camel's back, and was a pyrrhic victory to say the least (because....yeah, a LOT of men and women were thrown into the grinder to beat the Allies).

The Allies winning led to the events of Red Alert 2 and onward. Kane and Yuri are both crafty sons-a-bitches, I'll give you that!

Anyways, yeah. I'd definitely love Tanya to be in the mod. I imagine her using a Desert Eagle (almost like the RA2 version of Tanya), but also a high-powered sniper rifle. Binoculars, C4. There you go.

Would you be using her RA1 appearance or RA2? "Tanya" changed appearances through every single game. It's like they found 3 random "Tanya"'s out in the wild. Hahaha!

Anyways, I was going to keep touching up the Tesla coil. Did you have a version of it in mind? Most of the renditions look mostly the same. The RA1 version was the most exposed and easily knocked out...it was literally a pole and looked like a very deadly lamp! The RA2 version was more reinforced. I'm not sure if an 'all encompassing' rendition would serve as eventually more 'eras' of both timelines would work.

In any case, Macser is getting finished with an up-gunned Nod Light tank (proper 75mm anti-tank gun like in the original game) and it's looking sick! Hopefully I can get that puppy in-game soon and give GDI more bite than bark! I need to see how well one vs a GDI Medium Tank will do and if it stands ANY chance at all. Then I'll see how many it actually takes to take a GDI Medium Tank out!

How would people feel about more "Demonstration" videos displaying what each unit and vehicles/buildings do? I had that Obelisk demo showing the destructive power and the LED's, etc. I was also going to do a GDI centric video with a March to Doom cover someone let me use. :)

• Like 1

I know there are some consistency issues with fitting RA into the C&C timeline. It was, like you said, a prequel to Tiberium Dawn with the Brotherhood rising to power. But I think it sounds good the way you fit it together. Also, it was before the discovery of tiberium, so ore trucks and ore refineries were the resource alternative.

Yeah I was thinking the original Tanya on the recue Einstien mission. Could just use one of the BIS resistance faces. Also, I don't think the Tesla coils need to be too technical. The screens shots from blender look good, just like the original. I think it's important for them to have some height to them so they have a good power and range. Knocking out the power grid was always the most fun way to neutralise them, or mortar fire from distance. It was the strategy that made the Red Alert series great, hopefully that can be incorparated.

Yeah I like the mammoth tank, I wouldn't mind seeing what I can do with it at some point. I really liked the one Sapper had aswell.

By the way, the videos are great. Using the cut scene footage combined is a great touch and really sets the C&C atmosphere. Makes the demonstration so much more watchable. The Orcas are spot on.

Allied Mission 01 Get Einstien