Revan9190

Command and Conquer: Tiberium Universe Release Thread

Wow, my topic has been dead for awhile, but I suppose I should post a tiny update. It's not much, but Blue Tiberium has been confirmed in the field. Even though it primarily showed up in the second and third wars, it wouldn't have been impossible to have been there during the first (albiet not as much spread around and very rare).

Spoiler

CLFP7hI.png

Adding to that, I also made the first set of Commandos for GDI and Nod. Nod Special Forces are officially known as Black Hand operatives now, at least in my continuity, but it's not straying too far from canon.

Spoiler

hzFubEV.png

I'm hoping to finish up the Stealth Tank model sometime, but that might be awhile from now. I'm sorry I didn't give out a release during the holiday months like I wanted to. I have to fix a few things before the next release is at the very least mildly enjoyable. Anyone with modeling skills would help immensely as I'm primarily a re-texture and config guy. Shouldn't be that much left in terms of base defenses and buildings for the Tiberian Dawn era, which is my main focus of the mod as of now. The blue Tiberium is a bit of a bonus treat. :) Anyways. Later!

• Like 4

nice to see some update, nice screen of the blue tiberium. and yes, take your time :)

• Like 1

Great to see you're continuing! As has been said above, take your time - don't risk Modder's Burnout. Hm, I shouldn't have mentioned it, even thinking about it is dangerous. It's like the Melty Man.

• Like 1

Thanks for being dedicated to the mod, everyone! It really means a lot.

You'll be pleased to know that I just got done implementing Tiberium Cruentus (cruentus meaning "blood-red" or "crimson"). Even though it has been shown in Tiberian Sun, I just thought it'd be nice to have it in the Dawn era as well, albeit VERY rare if canonical. Also, on the wiki it's said that it was suppose to have a "dark blue" color on the crystal, but I'm going with what cruentus actually means and its canonical appearance in Tiberian Sun.

At some point, I'd eventually love to script in Tiberium effects. Infantry would slowly take damage walking through any of the Tiberium patches. Blue has a chance to explode and chain react any of the surrounding "spores". Red has an even higher chance to explode violently and these explosions would also effect lightly armored vehicles. So perhaps if someone made a mission where you're overseeing harvesters operating in a blue or red Tiberium patch, and the enemy shows up for a perfectly timed ambush by using the explosive nature of the crystals to destroy the convoy. It would make for some interesting missions.

Spoiler

owQPF8u.png

Spoiler

mj58Zzz.png

Also as much as I loved the yellow thrust on the ORCA, I kinda wanted the thrust to be blue like in Renegade. I don't know if it's nostalgia or what, but be sure to let me know what you guys think of it.

Spoiler

hoARE93.png

Spoiler

k5uQ35c.png

Thanks again for following. I'm hoping to release what I currently have soon with an updated readme. :)

• Like 3

Here's release 3, guys. Obvious bugs are mentioned in the readme (at least I think the readme is current... I know I updated the file and it looked like it was updated) and a lot of the big ones were ironed out.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e4xpl3wtjrkbagv/%40CNCBR-beta3.zip?dl=0

@=SappeR= - I fixed the harvester problem. It's because it was referencing the old harvesters that @krzychuzokecia included in his stuff. Since @Macser remodeled those, I figured these would be better. Thus, I went ahead and deleted the older entries so that there wouldn't be a conflict with the harvesters anymore. :)

Also along with the green Tiberium (Tiberium Riparius) under [C&C BR] Tiberium (under Empty), you have Tiberium Vinifera and Tiberium Cruentus. Hopefully I can get the actual spore plants/trees as well sometime. If I can figure it out, I plan on adding scripts so that you slowly die in Tiberium Fields and the Vinifera and Cruentus crystals have chances of exploding. Is that even remotely possible?

I look forward to any missions with C&C BR. I suggest trying to play with WW4 Mod or ECP...or even the recent Extended Effects addon by @kenoxite. :)

Also a little video treat will be posted in the Videography thread. ;)

• Like 4

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or something I do not understand... But I have freezes game (black screen), when I run with these units:

[C&C  BR] Commandos - Commando (MP5SD)

[C&C  BR RT] Allied Infantry - Rifle Infantry

[C&C  BR RT] Allied vehicles - Ranger w/ MG

[C&C  BR] Black hand- Commando (MP5SD)

[C&C  BR RT] Soviet Infantry - Rifle Infantry

+ "Scorpion" tank does not have textures (completely white)

It requires some other addons or?

p.s. And again  =1.99 in the requiredVersion line...

I thought I stated that in the readme? Erm, guess I forgot to put that. Sorry.

That's weird, the T55 was working for me. I'll figure it out. This is why it's still in beta. :/

Had a conversation with @Macser about his work with Lamentin on Vixer's Strykers and there is an understanding that I can, indeed, utilize them for C&C BR. Here's a shot of a couple of them in action. The 'scheme' is based loosely on Renegade X's rendition of Nod's APC from C&C: Renegade. These are considered Late-War additions to Nod's arsenal.

Spoiler

fGCtjbR.png

Spoiler

6Y4kOea.png

Anyways, I'm still trying to work on fixing the commandos, and the Red Alert infantry freezing the game. Also the problem with the T-55. :/ But alas, indeed still working on things. :) Thanks for following the project everyone! A much bigger thanks to those who provided help with the mod's development. Peace through power!

• Like 2

@Apocalypse83 has at one point said I could re-texture his desert vehicles for this mod, but as I've had no luck with the lib_t55.pbo, I went ahead and compiled it as desert_t55.pbo instead.

With that said, delete lib_t55.pbo from @CNCBR/addons directory and place desert_t55 there instead. This should fix the white textures for people.

@=SappeR= - I will iron out the "version" numbers soon for you. I'm still sorry that this is still an issue for you. The best way for me to fix this is just give them all required version: 1.9. I'll fix that this week pretty quick and update the archive. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ee467eaj2fx9w7/desert_t55.pbo?dl=0

The only difference is that the end of the barrel has green on it and there's some "green" in a couple other places. Reasoning behind this: in the Generals timeline, the GLA had green as its house colour, and I'm sure Libya became part of the ever-growing GLA in that timeline. ALSO ca. 1977, regardless of timeline, Libya's flag was completely green.

Also, eventually expect Libya to have more Soviet equipment, like the BMP-2, Mi-18, etc. I want the war between the Brotherhood and Libya to be rather large and I imagine the battles would be decent size. The Followers of Kane will also likely have more mixes of East equipment, as these guys in my story evolve into the Brotherhood we know.

I need some more footage and a trailer should be out sometime. :)

@Everyone - I'd like it if people could test out the flags I made for missions to see if they work. I haven't been able to test them out. There should be four flag textures. 1 for Libya, 2 for Nod, 1 for GDI. All for TW1 era.

On 2/24/2017 at 0:17 AM, revan9190 said:

Does anyone know if mr.Duck is still around? These would be perfect to turn into TibSun era Light Infantry for the mod. Just wanted to ask his permission to reskin/modify these slightly.

I think that's going to be hard to do. I haven't had any conversations with him in years. I helped him out with some aircraft shortly before he decided to call it a day. I remember the subject came up. He wasn't bothered about people editing his work as long as he was given credit for what he'd done. Unfortunately I've no way of proving that. The Pms went with the passage of time, and board changes. :smile_o:

20 hours ago, Macser said:

I think that's going to be hard to do. I haven't had any conversations with him in years. I helped him out with some aircraft shortly before he decided to call it a day. I remember the subject came up. He wasn't bothered about people editing his work as long as he was given credit for what he'd done. Unfortunately I've no way of proving that. The Pms went with the passage of time, and board changes. :smile_o:

Thanks for the reply! :) Definitely helps with my decisions with the mod as a whole.

Hey everyone. The progress on the mod is still going, albeit a little slow. I'm trying to fix the Allied and Soviet Rifle infantry, as well as the GDI and Nod commandos. I'll fix the configs up to make sure that they can be used regardless of what version you guys may have. I've been consolidating the configs so that you guys will have less files in the directory. I'm also inquiring if anyone might let me retexture the Landrover from the UKF mod to be the Ranger from Red Alert. Also would love recommendations for APCs for both factions.

Also, does anyone know the policy of retexturing the C-130 that's released? Was also really wanting to do the FA/18 for GDI.

I only ask this because I seek permission for using any models publicly released instead of just retexturing them without asking. I have a code of honor and take all of this seriously because I respect the authors' wishes.

I love working with the community and would like to expand the arsenals of all factions beyond that of the original games.

I'm also curious as how to make a minelayer out of the M113. Is it remotely possible? Imagine placing land mines behind you as you drive. You can make huge mine fields in a flash as a defense.

One last thing. I will fix the Dropbox link for everyone. :) I'd also like to try and get it up on OFP Gamepark if at all possible.

Update: A relatively small update, but an update nonetheless. I have retextured the trucks slightly and took away the yellow/black caution stripes, and repackaged them. I'll eventually be giving Nod a unique truck, based on this: https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/cnc/images/d/d0/Cargo.PNG/revision/latest?cb=20070715093746 

It reminds me of the KAMAZ line of trucks.

As far as infantry is concerned, I will be making "Late War" aka Renegade era versions of the infantry we already have. I'll be modeling a Cobretti AR-70 "Raptor" assault rifle for usage by both parties as well as a Falcon pistol sidearm (for the officers, pilots, etc). The Nod infantry will be like this: 7-NodSoldiers.jpg

And GDI will look like this:

3-GDISoldiers.jpg

I also started on modeling the Repair Facility/Repair Bay. It needs some details changed/added, then I'll UV map it and export it. There will be both Nod and GDI versions.

IZ886yE.png 

Also I might tackle the Tesla Coil sometime, for the Red Alert era (Great World War II), which wouldn't require much either. Basic shaped models to start out with, since I'm still...relatively new to this whole modeling thing.

I forgot to add that I modified the config of the M113 APC's and upped the acceleration/max speed, as well as fixed the third person view for the .50 cal. I'll have to fix all of my links, update the readme, and maybe even get an http://ofp.gamepark.cz/ link for it so that, in the event my links were to expire, there's still a version up for someone somewhere.

This mod started out as a mere wanting to bring basic stuff into the game, but with all the help I've gotten I never would have imagined to have so many high-quality models in and more extensive knowledge of the engine and how to get custom units/vehicles in, etc. I wanted to continue the legacy of getting a proper C&C mod for OFP out there. If I were able to ever contact Sentry, that would have helped with the Tiberian Sun era, but I should just concentrate on one little victory at a time which will contribute to a much larger, content filled release for people wanting to recreate missions from the original games, or new missions entirely of peoples' own making.

• Like 2

Made some adjustments to the Repair Bay.

OftWupe.png

IFKzGMw.png

Also started the basic shapes of the basic Comm Center.

lFTbITg.png

Thanks to Macser for some tips, who also gave me a Turret Sample to go off of (which I will continue to make some refinements to, and then UV it). Here's a couple of screens from that too...

9LAJkHY.png

aWANAtM.png

That's all for now. :) I'll fix up some stuff on the already released stuff, like fixing version numbers in a couple of configs to be compatible with 1.96 (I'll just put required version 1.9).

I've been messing around with modifiers and the inset tools and already have a much better understanding. Anyone else who models in Blender and has some useful tips from their own experience, I'll definitely heed the advice. :)

• Like 2

Just wanted to share that the Tesla Coil for the Soviet Union has its basic shape.

4e1GPN4.png

Of course adjustments will be made and textures will be applied. Thankfully the material for the main part will be little more than a shiny metal. I'm deciding if the base should be textured like bricks or rustic sort of texture.

Any suggestions, be sure to let me know. :) As I said, I'm only doing the basic shaped things first (the most complicated being the turret and the Comm Center, of my current projects I mean).

• Like 2

@revan9190 Great stuff there mate. Give the man some stripes... LOL

Check your inbox, I sent you a link to that desert bradley I was working on (GOOGLE DRIVE). I didn't get round to finishing it or releasing it but you can do what you like with it. I used some textures from WW4EXT which kenox imported from ARMA1, so mention that if you or anyone else uses it. Good luck.

Let me know if the link doesn't work, I'll send you another.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 2:31 PM, Apocalypse83 said:

@revan9190 Great stuff there mate. Give the man some stripes... LOL

Check your inbox, I sent you a link to that desert bradley I was working on (GOOGLE DRIVE). I didn't get round to finishing it or releasing it but you can do what you like with it. I used some textures from WW4EXT which kenox imported from ARMA1, so mention that if you or anyone else uses it. Good luck.

Let me know if the link doesn't work, I'll send you another.

Thanks for the Bradley, @Apocalypse83! Also, Apoc, I don't suppose you have a config I can go off of that you were working on? Of course, you're still on the credits list for everything you've provided! Thanks a lot. I can always make my configs from scratch, I've become pretty good at it!

Anyone know the author of the G8 Urban War mod? I want to re-texture their M113 pack, specifically the SIDAM 25, to give to GDI, using the textures I made for the GDI M113. If I can get permission to tweak them, that'd be great.

And I still don't know the policy of Hawk's C-130, which I was going to give the Brotherhood (soon to have the Airstrip, I hope!).

On 8/17/2017 at 5:16 PM, revan9190 said:

Thanks for the Bradley, @Apocalypse83! Also, Apoc, I don't suppose you have a config I can go off of that you were working on? Of course, you're still on the credits list for everything you've provided! Thanks a lot. I can always make my configs from scratch, I've become pretty good at it!

Yeah I see it's missing, sorry about that I must've lost it when I was backing up. I'd say you're better of writing your own one, the one I had was just the original BIS model edited and used the texture path swap utility. I'm not great with configs, I usually just edit.

Spoiler

MVHBhLO.jpg

pvwa81g.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apocalypse83 said:

Yeah I see it's missing, sorry about that I must've lost it when I was backing up. I'd say you're better of writing your own one, the one I had was just the original BIS model edited and used the texture path swap utility. I'm not great with configs, I usually just edit.

Reveal hidden contents

MVHBhLO.jpg

pvwa81g.jpg

I'll just use my Bradley's config I used for the Light Tank already. Might make it gray, perhaps. Maybe some camo and just use this one instead? Or maybe I can make it an alt-variant.

Anyone have any suggestions?

22 hours ago, revan9190 said:

I'll just use my Bradley's config I used for the Light Tank already. Might make it gray, perhaps. Maybe some camo and just use this one instead? Or maybe I can make it an alt-variant.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I think you should keep your grey and black camo BIS Bradley in any case, it looks authentic. Maybe you could try blending the two texture sets together, they should fit. I've been practicing with Blender so if I ever work on it again it will be from scratch. The original Bradely model is warped so it will always be impossible to get it looking perfect.

• Like 1