KC Grimes

Grimes Simple Revive Script

Ok man is there any way you can help me? I have gone through both files merged or deleted what I found duplicates of, but it continues to tell me the same thing. I am not a scripter and i cant find where it calls for the files to change it. I currently use the BTC script for revives and am having terrible issues where it deletes ammo or fills back back with multiple cloths and items. Was hoping you could look at it at somepoint and help me out. This would also help out for other scripts people run.
I agree take your time. I just attached the mission I had to give an example of two scripts conflicting.

Shoot me a PM with the latest version that you have and a description of what you're trying to accomplish, and I'll see if I can't walk you through it. Trying to keep this thread specific to this script.

I just wanted to say, out of all the revive scripts I've used, this one is by far the easiest to setup and use. And most importantly, it works! Keep up the great work Grimes :)

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad you enjoy it!

Grimes, your script is really good and like others said, it's easy to setup and powerful .

I'm really happy you'll take a look with other mods and I hope you'll find what's wrong when they're together.

It doesn't matter you'll find the solution tomorrow...take the time you need

Thanks again

Between now and 6/14 I am working quite a bit and am doing some work on my truck, so I really won't get to it much. However, please feel free to continue to post specific bug reports of any issues, occurring with or without parallel mods/scripts.

I'm trying to make your script working with MCC but without lucky.

Actually the things are going better because now your script works (we're interested just as revive, we don't want respanw or mobile respawn) in many occasions but sometimes not and the unconscious unit die before the time limit and I can't understand what's going wrong.

Do you a way to "debug" what's going on when I'm testing? I'd like to examine what Arma is doing so probably I can write you some error messages or something that could be helpful.

Anyway, this is our last files configs for a gameplay based on this needs: we need the possibility to revive with a limited number of FAK, no respawn in any location or vehicle.

If you find that some parameters are wrong, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

description.ext

author = Marcatore - 15° Ricognitori Bande Nere;
overviewPicture = "data\mcc_loadingScreen.paa";
overviewText = "Missione Base per le nostre partite";
onLoadName = Missione Base;
loadScreen = "data\mcc_loadingScreen.paa";
onLoadMission = Missione Base da usare con MCC;

class Header
{
gameType = Coop;
minPlayers = 1;
maxPlayers = 33;
};

#include "G_Revive\G_Desc_Include.hpp"
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

init.sqf

enableSaving [false, false];

G_isDedicated = false;
G_isServer = false;
G_isClient = false;
G_isJIP = false;
if (isDedicated) then {
G_isDedicated = true;
G_isServer = true;
}
else
{
if (isServer) then {G_isServer = true};
G_isClient = true;
if (isNull player) then {G_isJIP = true};
waitUntil {!isNull player};
};

[] execVM "G_Revive_init.sqf";

G_Revive_init.sqf

////Editable parameters, sorted by category and relevance - Please adjust values to suit your application. See readMe for more information.
//Generic
G_PvP = false; //true = PvP mission where there are more than one playable sides (PvP, TvT, etc), false = players only on one side (CoOp, SP, etc).
G_Enemy_AI_Unconscious = false; //true = Enemy AI can be revived, dragged, and carried by enemy players (only recommended for PvP)
G_Friendly_Side = WEST; //Side of friendly units if the above is false
G_Briefing = true; //true = information, how to, and credits will be displayed on ingame briefing screen. Can be used in conjunction with your own briefing. False = disabled. 

//Revive
G_Revive_System = true; //Whether the revive system will be used or not. True = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Revive_Time_Limit = 1200; //Amount of time (in seconds) before unit is available to be revived, before being forced to respawn. If -1, no time limit.
G_Revive_DownsPerLife = 0; //Number of times unit can go Unconscious in single life. 0 = Unlimited, integer > 0 = limit of downs per life.
G_Revive_Can_Revive = ["B_medic_F"]; //Classnames of units that can revive. Wrap in quotes, separate by commas. If empty, all can revive.
G_Revive_Time_To = 10; //Time (in seconds) required for revive to complete
G_Revive_Requirement = 1; //1 or greater = number of FAKs (single use) or Medikit (unlimited use) needed to revive (and treat still). 0 = Those items only needed to treat, not revive (stock).
G_Revive_Black_Screen = 0; //1 = While Unconscious/waiting for revive, screen stays black. 0 = Screen goes black at death then fades back in, with surroundings visible.
G_Revive_Action_Color = "#FFCC00"; //HTML color code that will be the color of the Revive, Drag, Carry, and Load/Unload action text
G_Revive_Load_Types = ["Car","Tank","Helicopter","Truck"]; //Add or remove strings of types of units that wounded can be loaded into
G_Eject_Occupants = true; //If killed while in a vehicle, the unit is ejected from the vehicle. True = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Explosion_Eject_Occupants = true; //Once the wreck of an exploded vehicle comes to a stop (air or land), the occupants will be ejected and revivable. True to enable, false to disable (units will bypass revive and be forced to respawn).
G_Revive_Reward = 0; //0 = No lives rewarded for revive. 1 and up = number of lives rewarded for reviving. (CAN be a decimal)
G_TK_Penalty = 0; //Amount of lives a Team Killer loses per team kill. Note, must be negative to be negative result. (Value of -2 means 2 lives lost per TK) (CAN be a decimal)

//Respawn/Initial Spawn
G_Init_Start = 0; //0 = starting position is editor-placed position. 1 = starting position is random spawn marker. 2 = On start, player is presented with menu to select spawn position (NOTE: For the menu to work at start, you must go to G_Revive\G_Desc_Include.hpp, find respawnOnStart, and change it to 1. As well, if you do this, the G_JIP_Start must also be 2.)
G_JIP_Start = 0; //0 = JIP starting position is editor-placed position (or position of unit JIPing to). 1 = JIP starting position is random spawn marker. 2 = On start for JIP, player is presented with menu to select spawn position (NOTE: For the menu to work at start, you must go to G_Revive\G_Desc_Include.hpp, find respawnOnStart, and change it to 1. As well, if you do this, the G_init_Start must also be 2.)
G_Respawn_Button = true; //true = Respawn Button enabled, false = Respawn button disabled
G_Respawn_Time = 10; //Amount of time (in seconds) dead unit must wait before being able to respawn (overrides description.ext setting)
G_Num_Respawns = -1; //Number of respawns available to players(must be integer). -1 = unlimited, 0 and up are actual values.
G_Spectator = false; //Upon expending all lives, the player will be put into a spectator camera. If false, mission ends only for that specific player.
G_Squad_Leader_Spawn = true; //Allows spawning on squad leader. Spawn in squad leader's stance. True = on, false = off
G_Squad_Leader_Marker = false; //Displays marker on map indicating squad leader's position. True = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Type = "respawn_inf"; //Shape of marker
G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Color = "ColorBlack"; //Color of marker
G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Text = "Squad Leader"; //Text beside marker
G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Refresh = 1; //Time (in seconds) between refreshes in marker location. Must be a number greater than 0.
G_AI_Fixed_Spawn = false; //Upon respawn, the AI will spawn at the marker defined below for their respective side
G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_WEST = "";
G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_EAST = "";
G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_GUER = "";
G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_CIV = "";

//Mobile Respawn Vehicle
//Note - To enable, simply add the editor-placed vehicle's name into the correct array. It will not be wrapped in quotes. So, it will be vehname and not "vehname". If multiple vehicles, separate by commas.
//Note - The side that can use the specific Mobile Respawn is determined by which array the MRV is put in below.
G_Mobile_Respawn_WEST = []; 
G_Mobile_Respawn_EAST = [];
G_Mobile_Respawn_GUER = [];
G_Mobile_Respawn_CIV = [];
G_Mobile_Respawn_Locked = false; //Lock enemy MRVs so MRVs can only be accessed by their own team. True = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Mobile_Respawn_Moveable = false; //true = Deployed mobile respawn can be moved while remaining deployed. false = Deployed mobile respawn is immobile. 
G_Mobile_Respawn_Wreck = 10; //Time (in seconds) after mobile respawn is destroyed before the wreck is deleted
G_Mobile_Respawn_RespTimer = 20; //Time (in seconds) for mobile respawn to respawn at starting position/direction
G_Mobile_Respawn_Marker = false; //Displays marker on map indicating MRV's position. True = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Type = "respawn_motor"; //Shape of marker
G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Color = "ColorBlack"; //Color of marker
G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Text = "MRV"; //Text beside marker
G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Refresh = 1; //Time (in seconds) between refreshes in marker location. Must be a number greater than 0.
G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Display = false; //whether or not marker is always visible (true = marker always visible, false = marker only visible when mobile respawn is deployed

//Unit "Tags"
G_Unit_Tag = true; //Refers to unit "name tags" that display over unit's head on HUD. Only friendlies visible. If true, is enabled. If false, is disabled.
G_Unit_Tag_Display = 2; //0 = Press defined key to have names visible for defined time, 1 = Cursor over unit to have name displayed, 2 = Names always displayed
	G_Unit_Tag_Display_Key = 219; //Only used if Display 0 is that value above. Key number. Default is the Left Windows Key. See key codes for more options.
	G_Unit_Tag_Display_Time = 2; //Only used if Display 0 is that value above. Time (in seconds) names display when key pressed
	G_Unit_Tag_Distance = 75; //Distance from player that marker will begin to appear
	G_Unit_Tag_ShowDistance = true; //Distance is displayed next to player's name
	G_Unit_Tag_Color = [1,1,1]; //RGB settings for the tag color of non-squad members. Alpha is normally the 4th number, but that is handled in the script via a formula.
	G_Unit_Tag_SquadColor = [1,1,0.1]; //RGB settings for the tag color of squad members. Alpha is normally the 4th number, but that is handled in the script via a formula.

//Custom Executions
//Note - By default they will execute on AI as well. Read comment to side.
G_Custom_Exec_1 = ""; //File executed when unit is set Unconscious (NOT "killed")
G_Custom_Exec_2 = ""; //File executed when unit is killed (not revivable; unit is officially killed)
G_Custom_Exec_3 = ""; //File executed when unit respawns after being killed
G_Custom_Exec_4 = ""; //File executed when MRV respawns after being destroyed. The newly spawned MRV = _this select 0

////DO NOT EDIT
[] execVM "G_Revive\G_Revive_Init_Vars.sqf";

@doktorflan

Do you play with MCC? If yes, all is OK? Or you have problems just with "ACRE+MCC" ?

I too would like to be able to disable respawn when hitting escape I only want revive. I'm working on butchering my copy of this script to rip it out but I'm hoping someone has a more simple solution. Thanks for this script so far it seems to be awesome and soon to be my favorite.

Initial testing looks promising and way easier than I was thinking. I have no one on to help me test right this second but my missions are now ending when I die instead of allowing me to respawn. In G_Revive_init.sqf

I added "G_Respawn_System = False" at the top of the respawn/initial Spawn line like below. But until I can get another player I cannot confirm. but it looks promising.

Never mind that WILL Break the script. It breaks JIP and respawn options no longer work. I'll continue fiddling with it.

Edited by PvtDancer

@Grimes

I've asked to the MCC developer if there is something that the revive scripters should have to know for a fully working revive script and he replied in this way:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150909-MCC-Sandbox-3-Dynamic-mission-creating-tool-for-ArmA-3&p=2706809&viewfull=1#post2706809

I don't know if it could be helpful for you...anyway this is his reply.

Edited by marcatore

I too would like to be able to disable respawn when hitting escape I only want revive. I'm working on butchering my copy of this script to rip it out but I'm hoping someone has a more simple solution. Thanks for this script so far it seems to be awesome and soon to be my favorite.

Initial testing looks promising and way easier than I was thinking. I have no one on to help me test right this second but my missions are now ending when I die instead of allowing me to respawn. In G_Revive_init.sqf

I added "G_Respawn_System = False" at the top of the respawn/initial Spawn line like below. But until I can get another player I cannot confirm. but it looks promising.

Never mind that WILL Break the script. It breaks JIP and respawn options no longer work. I'll continue fiddling with it.

respawnButton = 0; in your description.ext disables respawn button available on escape.

Hey Grimes, I was playing on my dedicated server with friends last night using revive. We noticed that "G_Revive_Can_Revive = []" does not seem to apply. Only medics could revive people. Any ideas?

Thank you all for the feedback, reports, and information. I am here and listening, I have just been rather busy (and out of town) the last few days. I will see about addressing the above concerns between now and Tuesday.

@Lucidity - Be sure that when you change this setting that all clients then re-download the mission. I can't say whether I tested that specific parameter on a DS, but it certainly worked off of one, and should on one. As well, you must restart the DS whenever you make a change to a mission file, so it can reload it. Very basic rules, I know, but I believe this is the issue. If you try this and still have no luck, try my COOP First Light, which I believe has all being able to revive, and see if that works. If IT doesn't, then it truly is a bug that I missed.

About hitting Escape to respawn. The irony of this is that I believe I remember in my tiredeness thinking of restricting the Escape to respawn (in the revive dialog), but never did anything. Let me play with it in the next few days and get a fix on where I'm at, and perhaps I can post up a little fix/how to fix.

Keep in mind that revive or not, and no matter how you "respawn", it still essentially acts as a kill, thus taking away a life. If you have 0 lives then hit escape to respawn, yes, your mission will end or you'll go to spectator mode (whichever is enabled). I do this because it allows the player a chance to choose whether to continue to wait for revive or just quit/go to spectator. I'll look at it though, see if I find that adding an alternative is reasonable.

Thanks Ptpau I'll give that a go I couldn't get that to work earlier from the init line so I'll copy that into my description file and try again.

And Thanks again grimes for your response and I wish you luck.

Having a little bit of an issue and was hoping maybe you could shed some light. I'm currently using VAS box with the paper doll which has rscCommon as well as other's defined. The revive script also has those defined for the GUI. Is there any way to possibly get around it? Is it possible to define a second rscCommon?

Having a little bit of an issue and was hoping maybe you could shed some light. I'm currently using VAS box with the paper doll which has rscCommon as well as other's defined. The revive script also has those defined for the GUI. Is there any way to possibly get around it? Is it possible to define a second rscCommon?

I had the same problem with a bomb script already defining things. I sent Grimes a Private message with all the details just waiting for response.

All, I apologize for neglecting this thread. Between work and dealing with my truck's HVAC, it has been a messy week. I'm in the process of catching up now.

@Ghost113 & mech79 - I did not define a class of "rscCommon" at any point in my script, though I do have other controls defined that more likely than not conflict with any dialogs run in parallel. You'll have to manually merge them. That said, I believe all of my params are redefined in G_Dialogs.hpp, so you should have no problem using the other script's defines, as long as all classes are defined one way or another.

Mech I'll be looking at your PM in a minute.

I've updated my bug/feature tracker with the latest reports.

Ghost I would suggest that you take one of the 2 scripts that use RscCommon and rename it to RscCommon2 and then for that script search out where RscCommon is referred and change the name accordingly.

I don't think it will cause any problems, maybe someone more dialogue savy will correct me.

Thanks Grimes you are right about defining classes. I got it working. I have use your script on all my missions because it is so much better since I have so many problems with BTC Revive. Thank You

Edited by mech79

Seems to be a bug in this script.

When doing a simple restart while in-game (Press restart button) to reload the game, it end up in a error.

Tested in both the example mission (untouched and changed to disable respawn), same problem.

Also tested in my own, same problem.

(Only using CBA + JSRS 2.1 addon)

http://i.imgur.com/GhGomYo.jpg

Seems also like you get an error when changing to 2 in this command

If i have

"G_Unit_Tag_Display = 2;"

then i get an error

"[bis_Fnc_mpexec] function g_fnc_enablesimulation does not exist"

Edited by FortuN

@FortuN - Thank you for this detailed report. I never considered this event. It is interesting that it is popping errors, it is as if the init sequence is different after a restart versus starting fresh. I'll look into it.

;2716683']@FortuN - Thank you for this detailed report. I never considered this event. It is interesting that it is popping errors' date=' it is as if the init sequence is different after a restart versus starting fresh. I'll look into it.[/quote']

Thanks you for your fast reply! :)

I did manage to do a little fix, but i think that i maybe screws some things over. I went in and deleted the codes giving me error, but now i think some functions won't work so.. hehe

As said however, the only trouble i've been to so far is "Restart Mission" and "displayname = 2". Much better then the most of the revive scripts i've tested today.

*Seems to work fine in Multiplayer to! This is probably going to be the Revive im going to use for the mission. Others have just been problems with.

However, a little error i got was that i have set "G_Revive_DownsPerLife = 3" but when i have been revived one time, it says i have one left, when it should say 2.

Also, when i got revived after having 0 revives left, it said i had 3 revives left in the notification, like a reset. However, that wasn't the case since i couldn't be revived more times.

So its seems to count one number wrong, when i have 2 "downs" left it says 1 for example.

This is probably just minimal errors but still, so you know hehe

Edited by FortuN

Hey

I like how this script is coming along!

One concern i have is the use of bis_fnc_mp persistent.

review your use of BIS_fnc_MP and decide whether what you are broadcasting at that time, needs to be broadcasted to players joining the game 10 minutes/2 hours/etc later.

example:

[[_rescuer, "DeadState"], "G_fnc_switchMove", true, true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

If that occurred 40 minutes into runtime, could a player who joins 200 minutes (160 mins later) into runtime need to be aware that at 40 mins, something happened to _rescuer? If no, then reconsider the persistence of the bis_fnc_mp spawn

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_MP

id suggest changing what is appropriate to [params,functionName,true,false] spawn bis_fnc_mp;

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Thanks you for your fast reply! :)

I did manage to do a little fix, but i think that i maybe screws some things over. I went in and deleted the codes giving me error, but now i think some functions won't work so.. hehe

As said however, the only trouble i've been to so far is "Restart Mission" and "displayname = 2". Much better then the most of the revive scripts i've tested today.

*Seems to work fine in Multiplayer to! This is probably going to be the Revive im going to use for the mission. Others have just been problems with.

However, a little error i got was that i have set "G_Revive_DownsPerLife = 3" but when i have been revived one time, it says i have one left, when it should say 2.

Also, when i got revived after having 0 revives left, it said i had 3 revives left in the notification, like a reset. However, that wasn't the case since i couldn't be revived more times.

So its seems to count one number wrong, when i have 2 "downs" left it says 1 for example.

This is probably just minimal errors but still, so you know hehe

Glad to hear you like it. I'll take a look at that counting system, there may be a conflict in certain cases depending on parameters. Thanks for pointing it out!

Hey

I like how this script is coming along!

One concern i have is the use of bis_fnc_mp persistent.

review your use of BIS_fnc_MP and decide whether what you are broadcasting at that time, needs to be broadcasted to players joining the game 10 minutes/2 hours/etc later.

example:

[[_rescuer, "DeadState"], "G_fnc_switchMove", true, true] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

If that occurred 40 minutes into runtime, could a player who joins 200 minutes (160 mins later) into runtime need to be aware that at 40 mins, something happened to _rescuer? If no, then reconsider the persistence of the bis_fnc_mp spawn

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_MP

id suggest changing what is appropriate to [params,functionName,true,false] spawn bis_fnc_mp;

Thank you for playing, and I'm glad you like the script! As you can see on the tracker, I still have plans to optimize my use of that function, as I use it generously. I did a hasty sweep to limit the persistent checks, and at this point the majority of them relate only to animations (as you've mentioned). You are correct, in the longterm it may cause some instability that only worsens, and increases load times for more distant JIPs. The reason I have it set the way it is now is that I need it to appear correctly for immediate JIPs. So lets say a unit is down. I need that unit to be down for all players and the JIP who joined 30 seconds after that player was down. But you're correct, the player who joined 2 hours later does not and should not execute this code. I may be doing some reworking to either adjust my whole system completely to avoid persistence, or throw a check into the function that compares times of various events to game time and determines whether the meat of the function should be executed. Of course, network traffic is still an issue here. So as I said, its on the list. Just gotta get to it. Thanks for bringing it up though!

One error I had today was my frien was playing around and decided to drag an enemy. He dropped the guy but it caused him to get stuck to the enemy and the enemy stood up. Don't know if he was able to fire at us because the only way to get them apart was to kill my friend then revive him. Is there anyway to keep opposite teams from being able to drag each other? Also when I try to go edit the mission I get an error "G_Revive_Dialog.hpp, line 11: /G_Revive_Dialog/controls.G_Near_Rescuers: Undifined base class 'RscText'", But when I start it in MP It runs fine. Any Ideas? I dont know if it has to do with the other script I have in the same mission again?

Edited by mech79

One error I had today was my frien was playing around and decided to drag an enemy. He dropped the guy but it caused him to get stuck to the enemy and the enemy stood up. Don't know if he was able to fire at us because the only way to get them apart was to kill my friend then revive him. Is there anyway to keep opposite teams from being able to drag each other? Also when I try to go edit the mission I get an error "G_Revive_Dialog.hpp, line 11: /G_Revive_Dialog/controls.G_Near_Rescuers: Undifined base class 'RscText'", But when I start it in MP It runs fine. Any Ideas? I dont know if it has to do with the other script I have in the same mission again?

I'll have to look into that. About preventing drag of enemies, set G_Enemy_AI_Unconscious to false.

Hi.. great script!

I do have a quick question.

-I have two units setup whose init is set to [this] execVM a script, so they can initialize their position (i.e., parachuting in) by creating chutes and performing a moveInDriver for each unit.

-These two units also have a placement radius of 1200 (for randomness) in their editor fields as well

-In a SP or MP (non-dedicated), everything spawns correctly.

-However, in a MP (dedicated), the scripts seem to be executing twice for each human player. (there are double the amount of chutes and vehicles).

-When I disable your scripts, everything spawns OK (i.e. only one of each as expected).

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Hi.. great script!

I do have a quick question.

-I have two units setup whose init is set to [this] execVM a script, so they can initialize their position (i.e., parachuting in) by creating chutes and performing a moveInDriver for each unit.

-These two units also have a placement radius of 1200 (for randomness) in their editor fields as well

-In a SP or MP (non-dedicated), everything spawns correctly.

-However, in a MP (dedicated), the scripts seem to be executing twice for each human player. (there are double the amount of chutes and vehicles).

-When I disable your scripts, everything spawns OK (i.e. only one of each as expected).

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

This is a bizarre occurrence. I can't think of a reason why this specifically would be happening (init lines duping). Are you sure that this does not occur even without this script? I'll look into it on my end.

;2718521']This is a bizarre occurrence. I can't think of a reason why this specifically would be happening (init lines duping). Are you sure that this does not occur even without this script? I'll look into it on my end.

I originally thought it was the revive script; however, I'm not so sure any longer.

I don't want to send you off on a wild goose chase... so I'm going to look into the issue a bit deeper and respond back. I did come across another issue with dedicated servers and duplicated parachutes.. perhaps this is a BIS issue.

Thanks

I originally thought it was the revive script; however, I'm not so sure any longer.

I don't want to send you off on a wild goose chase... so I'm going to look into the issue a bit deeper and respond back. I did come across another issue with dedicated servers and duplicated parachutes.. perhaps this is a BIS issue.

Thanks

Thank you for looking into it further, I do appreciate it. Are you having this problem even when you are the only player? If you are only having it when there are multiple actual players (not just units), then my guess is that the issue is because all machines execute those init lines, thus the number of machines = the number of parachutes. If not, then disregard.