KC Grimes

Grimes Simple Revive Script

Author: KC Grimes

Script: Grimes Simple Revive

Version: V0.92

Created with user-friendliness and quality assurance in mind, Grimes Simple Revive is a Revive script for Arma 3 that sets itself apart from other Revive Scripts due to the fact that it is exceptionally organized and simplified for ease-of-use by mission editors of all levels, while still offering unique features. Although this script contains a variety of features on top of its original action-based Revive System, all features, in addition to already having default values set, are organized by relevancy in a simple way that allows editors to adapt this script to their mission, including enabling/disabling features as desired. 

Highlights

• Singleplayer (SP), Multiplayer (MP), PvP/TvT/COOP, Save/Load, Dedicated Server, & Join-In-Progress (JIP) Support
    • For SP, consider running your SP mission as an MP Host. This allows for the use of parameters anyway, allowing you to make your mission more diverse!
  • Minimal setup required; quick and easy installation
  • Integrated parameter validation system to ensure the script is being utilized effectively
  • Revive your teammates, whether they are players or AI, including in water
  • Drag & Carry players and AI, whether they are your teammates or not
  • Load incapacitated teammates into vehicles, and Unload them at your destination
  • AI will operate in a guard-rescuer pair to realistically navigate to and revive teammates (even when vehicles are involved)
    • AI inclusion is by side and requires no extra work, and individual exclusions from the script can be made by name
  • Integrate with your respawn settings: works with all respawn types, including the highly recommended Respawn Menu for respawn point selection
    • The BIS Revive Mode must be Disabled
  • Available Mobile Respawn Vehicle (MRV) and Squad Leader Respawn systems which include optional markers
  • Utilization of BI functions and dialogs wherever possible to be as stock and fast as possible
  • Available immersive options such as black screen and muting ACRE2/TFAR while incapacitated
  • Available “unit tags” that mark friendly players and AI on your HUD
  • Available Spectator Mode for use when lives run out
  • Available pre-placed custom execution lines to run your own scripts within this one
  • Loads of other large and small features! Check out the parameters for more details. 

This package includes an application of the script as part of an example mission. 

This README is intended to provide detailed information as to the purpose, function, FAQs, and minor troubleshooting for this script in addition to installation, uninstallation, and maintenance tips. For further information or specifics in the code, the user should read the comments to the code within the script files. 

Author Information

KC Grimes is the author of the Grimes Simple Revive script. The script was made in order to provide mission makers a user-friendly means of utilizing a revive system.

The purpose of this script is to provide a way for the mission maker to easily implement the revive and spawning abilities into gameplay in order to make their mission unique. 

BI Forums Topic: https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/167673-grimes-simple-revive-script/

Installation

At this time, there is no “installer” for the script, and it is instead a simple series of actions and file moves.  

1. Obtain the script files
    a. Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25662
    b. github: https://github.com/kcgrimes/grimes-simple-revive/releases

c. Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1349229256
2. Extract the “Grimes_Simple_Revive.stratis” folder and place it somewhere on your computer that is easily accessible, such as Desktop or your MP Missions folder.
3. In the folder that contains your mission.sqm (ie, “my_mission.stratis”), do the following:
    a. If you haven’t already created a description.ext file, simply copy the provided one into your mission folder. If you already have your own description.ext, simply copy and paste the following line into it. Note: If you already have a defines.hpp or similarly purposed file, you may need to check for conflicts.

#include "G_Revive\G_Desc_Include.hpp"

b. If you haven’t already created an init.sqf file, simply copy the provided one into your mission folder. If you already have your own init.sqf, simply copy and paste the following line into it. Note: This line must go towards the top, specifically before any suspension statements (waitUntil, sleep, etc.).

[] execVM "G_Revive_init.sqf";

c. Copy and Paste the G_Revive_init.sqf file and the G_Revive folder into your mission folder. 
4. That is all that is required for the file implementation! Depending on your settings, you will still need make some edits in the in-game editor. 
    a. If using respawn, adjust the editor-based respawn settings as you desire, and remember to create markers named “respawn_west_0”, “respawn_west_1”, etc. for the desired side if necessary. 
    b. If using the Mobile Respawn Vehicle (MRV), be sure to name your vehicle in the Name field when you double-click on the vehicle in the editor.

Parameters:

////Editable parameters, sorted by category and relevance - Please adjust values to suit your application.
//Generic
G_Briefing = true; //true = information, how to, and credits will be displayed on ingame briefing screen. Can be used in conjunction with your own briefing. false = disabled. 

//Revive
G_Revive_System = true; //Whether the revive system will be used or not. true = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Revive_AI_Incapacitated = [WEST, EAST, RESISTANCE, CIVILIAN]; //Array of sides of AI that will utilize revive system
G_Revive_Unit_Exclusion = []; //Array of variable names of units to exclude from the revive system
G_Revive_bleedoutTime = 300; //Amount of time (in seconds) unit is available to be revived, before being forced to respawn. If -1, no time limit.
G_Allow_GiveUp = true; //Allow player to force death while incapacitated. true = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Revive_DownsPerLife = 0; //Number of times unit can go Incapacitated in single life. 0 = Unlimited, integer > 0 = limit of downs per life.
G_Revive_addonRadio_muteTransmit = false; //Mute radio transmissions in addons ACRE2 or TFAR while incapacitated. true = enabled, false = disabled. 
G_Revive_addonRadio_muteReceive = false; //Mute radio reception in addons ACRE2 or TFAR while incapacitated. true = enabled, false = disabled. 
G_Revive_Can_Revive = []; //Classnames of units that can revive. Wrap in quotes, separate by commas. If empty, all can revive.
G_Revive_actionTime = 10; //Time (in seconds) required for reviver to complete revive action
G_Revive_Requirement = 0; //1 or greater = number of FAKs (single use) or Medikit (unlimited use) needed to revive (and treat still). 0 = Those items only needed to treat, not revive (stock).
G_Revive_Black_Screen = false; //true = While Incapacitated/waiting for revive, screen stays black. false = Screen goes black at death then fades back in, with surroundings visible.
G_Revive_Action_Color = "#FFCC00"; //HTML color code that will be the color of the Revive, Drag, Carry, and Load/Unload action text. Default is Orange. 
G_Revive_Load_Types = ["Car","Tank","Helicopter","Plane","Ship"]; //Array of strings of kinds of vehicles that incapacitated units can be loaded into
G_Eject_Occupants = false; //If killed while in a vehicle, the revivable unit is ejected from the vehicle. True = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Explosion_Eject_Occupants = true; //Once the wreck of an exploded vehicle comes to a stop (air or land), the occupants will be ejected and revivable. True to enable, false to disable (units will bypass revive and be forced to respawn).
G_Revive_Reward = 0; //0 = No lives rewarded for revive. 1 and up = number of lives rewarded for reviving. (CAN be a decimal)
G_TK_Penalty = 0; //Amount of lives a Team Killer loses per team kill. Note, must be negative to be negative result (Ex. Value of -2 means 2 lives lost per TK) (CAN be a decimal)
G_Revive_Messages = 1; //Chat messages upon incapacitation and revive. 0 = None. 1 = Friendly only. 2 = All.
G_End_When_Side_Down = true; //true = When all units friendly to a side are incapacitated and/or unable to respawn the server will end the mission, false = server will not handle ending mission for side

//Respawn/Initial Spawn
G_Respawn_Button = true; //true = Respawn Button enabled, false = Respawn button disabled
G_Respawn_Time = 10; //Amount of time (in seconds) dead unit must wait before being able to respawn (overrides description.ext setting)
G_Num_Respawns = 3; //Number of lives/respawns available to players (must be integer). -1 = unlimited, 0 and up are actual values.
G_Spectator = true; //Upon expending all lives, the player will be put into a spectator camera. If false, mission ends only for that specific player.
G_Squad_Leader_Spawn = true; //Allows spawning on squad leader. Spawn in squad leader's stance. true = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Squad_Leader_Marker = true; //Displays marker on map indicating squad leader's position. true = enabled, false = disabled.
	G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Type = "respawn_inf"; //Shape of marker
	G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Color = "ColorBlack"; //Color of marker
	G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Text = "Squad Leader"; //Text beside marker
	G_Squad_Leader_Mkr_Refresh = 1; //Time (in seconds) between refreshes in marker location. Must be a number greater than 0.
G_AI_Fixed_Spawn = true; //Upon respawn, the AI will spawn at the marker defined below for their respective side, as opposed to respawning at random if multiple markers exist
	G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_WEST = "respawn_west_0";
	G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_EAST = "respawn_east_0";
	G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_IND = "respawn_guerrila_0";
	G_AI_Fixed_Spawn_CIV = "";

//Mobile Respawn Vehicle
//Note - To enable, simply add the editor-placed vehicle's name into the appropriate array depending on the intended side. It will not be wrapped in quotes. So, it will be vehname and not "vehname". If multiple vehicles, separate by commas.
G_Mobile_Respawn_WEST = [MobileRespawnWEST]; 
G_Mobile_Respawn_EAST = [MobileRespawnEAST];
G_Mobile_Respawn_IND = [MobileRespawnIND];
G_Mobile_Respawn_CIV = [];
G_Mobile_Respawn_Locked = true; //Lock enemy MRVs so MRVs can only be accessed by their own team. true = enabled, false = disabled.
G_Mobile_Respawn_Movable = false; //true = Deployed mobile respawn can be moved while remaining deployed, false = Deployed mobile respawn is immobile. 
G_Mobile_Respawn_Wreck = 10; //Time (in seconds) after mobile respawn is destroyed before the wreck is deleted
G_Mobile_Respawn_RespTimer = 20; //Time (in seconds) for mobile respawn to respawn at starting position/direction
G_Mobile_Respawn_Marker = true; //Displays marker on map indicating MRV's position. true = enabled, false = disabled.
	G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Type = "respawn_motor"; //Shape of marker
	G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Color = "ColorBlack"; //Color of marker
	G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Text = "MRV"; //Text beside marker
	G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Refresh = 1; //Time (in seconds) between refreshes in marker location. Must be a number greater than 0.
	G_Mobile_Respawn_Mkr_Display = false; //Whether or not marker is always visible (true = marker always visible, false = marker only visible when MRV is deployed

//Unit Tags
G_Unit_Tag = true; //Refers to unit "name tags" that display over unit's head on HUD. Only friendlies visible. true = enabled, false = disabled.
	G_Unit_Tag_Display = 0; //0 = Press defined key to have names visible for defined time, 1 = Cursor over unit to have name displayed, 2 = Names always displayed
		G_Unit_Tag_Display_Key = 219; //Only used if Display 0 is that value above. Key number. Default is the Left Windows Key. See key codes for more options.
		G_Unit_Tag_Display_Time = 2; //Only used if Display 0 is that value above. Time (in seconds) names display when key pressed
	G_Unit_Tag_Distance = 75; //Distance from player that marker will begin to appear
	G_Unit_Tag_ShowDistance = true; //Distance is displayed next to player's name
	G_Unit_Tag_Color = [1,1,1]; //RGB settings for the tag color of non-squad members. Alpha is normally the 4th number, but that is handled in the script via a distance formula.
	G_Unit_Tag_SquadColor = [1,1,0.1]; //RGB settings for the tag color of squad members. Alpha is normally the 4th number, but that is handled in the script via a distance formula.

//Custom Executions
//Note - By default they will execute on AI as well. Read comment to side.
G_Custom_Exec_1 = ""; //File executed when unit is set Incapacitated (NOT "killed"). _incapacitatedUnit = _this select 0, and is local.
G_Custom_Exec_2 = ""; //File executed when unit is killed (not revivable; unit is officially killed). _killedUnit = _this select 0, and is local.
G_Custom_Exec_3 = ""; //File executed when unit respawns after being killed. _respawnedUnit = _this select 0, and is local.
G_Custom_Exec_4 = ""; //File executed when MRV respawns after being destroyed. Newly spawned MRV = _this select 0, and is local. 
G_Custom_Exec_5 = ""; //File executed when unit is revived. _revivedUnit = _this select 0, and is local. _rescuer = _this select 1. 

Documentation

This README is intended to provide detailed information as to the purpose, function, FAQs, and minor troubleshooting for this script in addition to installation, uninstallation, and maintenance tips. For further information or specifics in the code, the user should read the comments to the code within the script files. Any further questions or comments can be directed to the author. 

Grimes Simple Revive Issue Tracker on github

Functions:

G_fnc_initNewAI
Intended to execute the Revive and Unit Tags systems (if enabled) on units that lack these systems, particularly units created post-init.
Parameter: Array - List of units to be cycled through init; or use Object - Unit to be cycled through init
Return: None
Ex: [_unit1, _unit2] spawn G_fnc_initNewAI;
Ex: _unit1 spawn G_fnc_initNewAI;
G_fnc_enterIncapacitatedState
A means of forcing a revive-enabled unit into the incapacitated state. 
Parameter: Object - Revive-enabled unit
Ex: _unit1 spawn G_fnc_enterIncapacitatedState;
G_fnc_exitIncapacitatedState
A means of forcing a revive-enabled unit out of the incapcitated state and back to their feet. 
Parameter: Object - Revive-enabled unit
Ex: _unit1 spawn G_fnc_exitIncapacitatedState;

Changelog

All significant commits (changes) to this project will be associated with an issue in the Issue Tracker. This does not include minor documentation, formatting, readability, or otherwise cleanup-oriented changes. All issues resulting in a commit will be assigned to a Milestone, and the Milestones will be used as a reliable changelog, while the commit history will be comprehensive. Some issues may be related to changes within the same Milestone, and some fixes for bugs caused in the same Milestone may not be associated to an issue but instead the commit they are addressing. 

Download

Grimes Simple Revive hosted on Armaholic
Grimes Simple Revive hosted on github

Grimes Simple Revive hosted on Steam Workshop

Link to Full Sample Mission

COOP 5 First Light

Video Overview

Grimes Simple Revive Script Overview on twitch.tv - Note: This video is from v0.5, and may include/not include certain features. The gist is there though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh mate, I am super impressed with the adjustability of this, we as mission makers can have a ball setting it up exactly as we wish.

There is a huge shortage of decent fully working, bug free, revive scripts available to us in A3 (missing Norrins) and I find myself using one and spending weeks to get it to work the way I wish, if this works as shown and you stamp out any possible bugs you will have a hit on your hands for sure. Keep up the good work, testing tonight.

PS. One great addition in those shown would be:

G_Revive_Reward_Points = 2; // Amount of bonus points for reviving a team mate.

G_TK_Penalty_Points = -10; // Amount of points subtracted for TK'ing a friendly unit.

Hey I have even done the hard work for you and made your init function text and help. ;)

Thanks for this and have a great day, and I will be back and let you know how we fare in testing.

Agreed, a nice simple script.

The only thing I did was to add different colours for each of the addaction options, and change the actual healing animation to "AinvPknlMstpSnonWrflDnon_medic3"

Just my preferences.

Once thing you could look into is the speed and time it takes to lift an injured unit to actually then carry them. It feels like there's one too many animation steps going on.

Features to consider. (Although they might make your script that little bit less simple)

I'd like to see an addaction for an injured unit so they can choose to respawn without actually having to press esc then call up the respawn option on the menu.

It's also nice to know how far the nearest a medic or person who can heal you is away, and have updates on whether they're actually getting closer and coming to your aid or not.

So far great script. Look forward to your updates.

Oh mate, I am super impressed with the adjustability of this, we as mission makers can have a ball setting it up exactly as we wish.

There is a huge shortage of decent fully working, bug free, revive scripts available to us in A3 (missing Norrins) and I find myself using one and spending weeks to get it to work the way I wish, if this works as shown and you stamp out any possible bugs you will have a hit on your hands for sure. Keep up the good work, testing tonight.

PS. One great addition in those shown would be:

G_Revive_Reward_Points = 2; // Amount of bonus points for reviving a team mate.

G_TK_Penalty_Points = -10; // Amount of points subtracted for TK'ing a friendly unit.

Hey I have even done the hard work for you and made your init function text and help. ;)

Thanks for this and have a great day, and I will be back and let you know how we fare in testing.

Thank you for your interest. I'll be putting up a video tonight as well to help folks decide. It's funny you mention Norrin's, I feel the same way. I used his script in A2 and in A3 once he ported it, but unfortunately he just hasn't had the time to fix it up a bit more for A3. I made this script solely for the fact that I wanted one that was like his but that was made for A3, while still being as simple as it is.

About your suggestion, first off thank you very much. Second, I just want to make sure I'm hearing you right. I do have the following already implemented:

G_Revive_Reward = 0; //0 = No lives rewarded for revive. 1 and up = number of lives rewarded for reviving. (CAN be a decimal)
G_TK_Penalty = 0; //Amount of lives a Team Killer loses per team kill. Note, must be negative to be negative result. (Value of -2 means 2 lives lost per TK) (CAN be a decimal)

Though I must admit the TK penalty isn't perfect. These effect lives, instead of points. As seen in the Roadmap, I do hope to rework this a bit. I just wanted to get it out first to hear posts like this! Again, thank you!

Agreed, a nice simple script.

The only thing I did was to add different colours for each of the addaction options, and change the actual healing animation to "AinvPknlMstpSnonWrflDnon_medic3"

Just my preferences.

Once thing you could look into is the speed and time it takes to lift an injured unit to actually then carry them. It feels like there's one too many animation steps going on.

Features to consider. (Although they might make your script that little bit less simple)

I'd like to see an addaction for an injured unit so they can choose to respawn without actually having to press esc then call up the respawn option on the menu.

It's also nice to know how far the nearest a medic or person who can heal you is away, and have updates on whether they're actually getting closer and coming to your aid or not.

So far great script. Look forward to your updates.

About the colors, I know what you mean, and I will add that as an option for future updates. I personally don't mind, but I know others may have that preference, especially when the action menu gets a bit full. About the animation, thank you for your input. It is something that I am still looking at. I chose medic4 over medic3 because 3 was a little too simple, not all that "in depth", while 4 at least looked interesting. I will definitely be taking another look though.

About the respawn in the addaction, I'll give it some thought. I am trying to keep this as clutter free as possible, and the Respawn Button works perfectly fine (and can even be disabled, both through the description.ext or by using the param in the script). However, as I said, I'll consider the action. Can always just make it another option! And for the nearest person, I know what you mean. Along with that, I hope to add something in the future, if not just that, to make the Unconscious/waiting for revive screen a liiiittle more interesting.

Thank you both very much for your suggestions. I plan on adding a video and a mission of my own that I popped this script into so folks can just jump in and go without any editing if they want to try it. It was funny setting up the mission, because it actually took me longer (maybe 2 minutes) to remove Norrin's script from the mission than it did to add this Simple Revive Script to it (about 30 seconds). Once great about this is you don't have to run through and name the units or create markers or anything like that. It is quite literally plug and play, with the only exception being Mobile Respawn Vehicles, which do require a name.

Edit: That said, I've attached a link to my COOP 5 First Light thread. I've updated this mission to include Grimes' Simple Revive Script. Feel free to give it a go with friends or AI or both and get a feel for the script. It is important to note that MRVs and Respawn are not in use on this mission, however unit tags (hit Left Alt) and all Unconscious actions are. Enjoy!

Edited by Grimes [3rd ID]

Glad to see this come out!

See the credits my friend. Thanks again for your help with the Unit Tags.

Edit: There's always a release blooper. For anyone who has downloaded the file between now and the release, please download it again. There was a variable missing/commented out for testing for some respawn testing. Discovered this while making the video. Oops! Sorry for the inconvenience.

That said, if anyone finds any bugs, please please please feel free to let me know. I am more than happy to take a look and work on a fix. I won't re-version this one since it is minor and fairly recent. Hot fix!

Edit2: Updated original post with video. Enjoy, I think? :D

;2688166']

About your suggestion' date=' first off thank you very much. Second, I just want to make sure I'm hearing you right. I do have the following already implemented:

Though I must admit the TK penalty isn't perfect. These effect lives, instead of points. As seen in the Roadmap, I do hope to rework this a bit. I just wanted to get it out first to hear posts like this! Again, thank you!

[/quote']

Yes I see the lives option and I feel there will be a mission I will use that option (a sort or semi knockout mission), and yes I like the points option as penalty for a TK and bonus points for a revive as that is a team play promotion tool.

Most of the people that do not check their targets before firing and never seem to revive anyone care a lot about points they score, so it is a really great incentive to play the game as it is meant to be played.

Most of the people that do not check their targets before firing and never seem to revive anyone care a lot about points they score, so it is a really great incentive to play the game as it is meant to be played.

I see what you mean. I've put it on my Feature list and will give it a go sometime soon. Will go along with re-working the points system, by either adapting the script to it or making my own. We shall see. Again, thank you for the suggestion!

Nice script Grimes. With all revive scripts I always look to see if the Ai are able to revive themselves. Is it possible in your scripts?

Hey, think I might have found a missing config?

G_Group_Leader_Spawn = true; //Allows spawning on group leader. Spawn in group leader's stance. True = on, false = off

Great script BTW. Definitely gonna check it out!

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

G'day Grimes,

Quickly tested this lightweight script and it seems promising however there were some slight issues with ragdoll and returning a revived unit to its correct "alive" state of animation. Resulted in a 'dead' player on one screen sliding around while on that player's screen he was alive and well.

Secondly, any plans to implement a "bleed-out" element to the script? An example would be a scenario where only medics can revive a player with a medikit however any player with a FAQ can at least stop the timer from ticking away.

Did some testing last night and a lot of the functionality was not there in a MP dedicated server environment, I will reserve any specifics until I see others experiences here.

Do you have any plans to make the MRV actually look deployed, ie objects around it?

Here is an example with the mission my server currently has up.

http://i.imgur.com/M6OEbLd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rpkb1hR.jpg

The outhouse even has a "urinate" addaction that plays a sound ;)

Very interesting idea, I will definitely take a look. Not so sure about the urinating sound, but the rest for sure. Maybe some cammy netting too. Thanks!

Nice script Grimes. With all revive scripts I always look to see if the Ai are able to revive themselves. Is it possible in your scripts?

At the moment, AI will not revive you or each other. However, this is on the feature list and I plan to implement here soon. Having the AI work in that kind of way revolutionizes the game play of any mission.

Hey, think I might have found a missing config?

G_Group_Leader_Spawn = true; //Allows spawning on group leader. Spawn in group leader's stance. True = on, false = off

Great script BTW. Definitely gonna check it out!

Using the sample mission I've released I tested that value as true and false and it works as intended. Note, the Group Leader must be alive in order to spawn on. For this reason, the Group Leader cannot spawn on himself.

Thanks for informing us about the release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

As always, thanks for the help. I'll update the OP.

G'day Grimes,

Quickly tested this lightweight script and it seems promising however there were some slight issues with ragdoll and returning a revived unit to its correct "alive" state of animation. Resulted in a 'dead' player on one screen sliding around while on that player's screen he was alive and well.

Secondly, any plans to implement a "bleed-out" element to the script? An example would be a scenario where only medics can revive a player with a medikit however any player with a FAQ can at least stop the timer from ticking away.

Ragdoll is not implemented as part of the Unconscious phase, but will occur once the unit actually "dies". See this ticket. About the Unconscious unit being revived but not resetting the animation, you are not the first to mention this. I've heard of it ocurring inconsistently. I'll give it a look today. Thanks for the info.

About your bleed-out idea, I thought of that but figured the timer was enough. However, I do really like your idea of anybody being able to "stabilize" the Unconscious soldier, but a medic being required to fully Revive. This would also fix a little issue I have, see this ticket. Thanks for the idea!

Did some testing last night and a lot of the functionality was not there in a MP dedicated server environment, I will reserve any specifics until I see others experiences here.

My Dedicated server environment testing wasn't all too thorough do to my own limited capability, but let me try again tonight and see if I can't find what you're talking about. Thank you for the report!

Thank you all for your replies! Please do not hold back on any reports, positive or negative, as I want this script to be as functional yet simple as possible. As I mention in the video, I want this to suit YOUR needs.

;2688765']Having the AI work in that kind of way revolutionizes the game play of any mission.

Amen to that.

Amen to that.

Yessir. This kind of plays into 2 of my many favorite things about this script.

1. AI teammates that revive each other and yourself and your other player teammates. Pretty cool, right? Now imagine that you're in a CoOp mission and the enemy AI play just as tactically as they do in stock ArmA, but now they also Revive each other. Reasonably and realistically, of course. Now that's sweet.

2. More on the funny side. If the right params are enabled (its not hidden or anything), you are able to drag and carry not only friendly units but also enemy units. You can't revive them, but you can drag/carry them. I figured this could get dirty yet hilarious in PvP games, especially with friends. Honestly, I got the idea from DayZ I believe. Back when some of the guys in my unit played, they would always laugh to tears about how enemies would force players to eat rotten apples and bananas and such. I might not include that part, but some hostage-action could bode well for some mission makers.

Ok I will give you info on what I know so far on our dedicated server,

In my mission:

1. when you get shot you die straight away, you do not go to unconscious state.

2. The deploy mhq disappears on jip.

3. using name tags spits errors and does not work.

4. no addaction for revive at any time.

Your test mission on dedicated:

1. no addaction ever appears on mhq

2. no ability to spawn on squad leader even though marker is shown outside of respawn prompt.

3. no addaction for revive at any time.

COOP 5 First Light on dedicated:

1. no addaction for revive at any time.

This is such a torment, everything works fine in editor and this is nearly everything I wanted out of a revive script, I do love the way you have integrated the ingame respawn module, I have been playing with that myself using it in conjunction with a wounding system and it seems to work flawlessly. I hope this info of some help and you can get it dedicated server compatible.

PtPau, thank you so much for that breakdown. I'm going to work on that right now. Beerkan, thanks for the link, I will give it a look. Haven't even started to look at how to do this for AI yet since it simply isn't "critical", but this script provides a good learning basis.

Edit: Just to provide a little verbal update, I am working on the Dedicated Server related bugs at the moment. For now, this script simply can't be used on a DS. However, it is still as functional as stated in the OP for SP and Hosted MP environments.

On the plus side, the lack of functionality with Dedicated Servers is due to execution/locality, and not content or anything. I'll get it fixed up here soon.

Edit: Providing further update. After a dinner and Game of Thrones break, it seems I've found the solution. I've noted it and will be releasing an update that is fully Dedicated Server compatible tomorrow or Tuesday, perhaps with some basic features as well. For now, I just want to get this fix out there so y'all can start enjoying this script sooner rather than later.

That's what I like, priorities, Cant miss Game of Thrones ;)

I look forward to testing this script in a dedicated environment.

If you need a tester in a dedi environment Grimes then just ask mate (especially if you have AI automedics :) )

Hello

I downloaded this from armaholic and tried your sample mission with the 3 respawn zones, a west squad and a MHQ car but the revive part was totally absent in both dedicated and listen server configurations, only the respawn worked.. At that point I tried downloading the 5 coop mission you linked claiming to incorporate your revive but when I depboed it I can see that it does in fact not use your revive but norrins so Im not sure what to think.

Is the current version linked on armaholic bugged or am I missing something here?